Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Transfering Saves from one comp. to the next?

Page: 1 of 1
 90SK
02-12-2005, 12:30 PM
I've been trying to transfer my savegames from one computer to another, but just duplicating copying the "Saves" folder (and it's content) isn't enough. Can someone tell me what files I need to copy onto the other computer?
 stingerhs
02-12-2005, 7:56 PM
thats odd. i was able to transfer my old savegames from my old computer to my new one with no problems whatsoever.

well, if you want to make sure the files aren't doing something wierd to you, then you could always try putting it in a .rar or .zip archive. i'm not sure what kind of effect that may do, but its worth a shot. :)
 Liverandbacon
02-13-2005, 7:24 AM
thats odd. i was able to transfer my old savegames from my old computer to my new one with no problems whatsoever Me too
 Nodakrattler
02-14-2005, 2:05 AM
Try checking the properties of the files. If they're read only it may not be transferring over all the data, so remove the read only property and it shloud work. Hope this is some help.
 90SK
02-14-2005, 7:34 AM
All right, I got it to work (my problems were caused by my lame Dell that was acting up). Still, none of the cutscenes I unlocked transfer over. Is there a way I can transfer them as well as the saves?
 stingerhs
02-14-2005, 8:54 AM
you do realize that if you want to watch the cutscenes, all you need is the Bink! Video player. just download it from www.radgametools.com), and open the movie you want to see from the "Movies" folder. :)

if you really want do unlock the movies, simply transfer the old swkotor.ini (or swkotor2.ini for tsl) to the swkotor directory, where-ever that may be.

hope that helps. :)
Page: 1 of 1