Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Easy Swoop racing TSL

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth333
02-12-2005, 11:12 AM
:racer: Easy swoop racing is back! :racer:

download from my PCGM (http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/10703.html).

Looking for fame and credits without efforts? This mod is you, swoop racing haters and cheaters!

The swoop tracks on Telos, Nar Shadaa and Onderon have been modified to allow you to win swoop racing easily.

Unfortunately, due to the way the area models were made (if one day we can edit area models, I'll clean this mod) I could not make it look as neat as the EZ swoop racing for Kotor 1 but don't worry: there is no need to steer at all.

Intructions: Just go into a straight line and change the gears when the shift indicator hits the red.

VISIONS:

1. Obstacles:
Do not bother in trying to aboid obstacles, just go through them: all the obstacles you see are just "visions" now.

2. Accelerator pads:
I broaden the area of effect of the accelerator pads (as I couldn't line them up cleanly as in Kotor 1 without moving entire rooms). So don't try to hit them, just go straight and you'll get the acceleration bonuses anyways.

==============================================
Installation:
==============================================
1. If you havent already, create a new folder called Override in your
C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR2 directory.

2. Extract the following 3 files to your Override folder:

211tel.lyt
371nar.lyt
510ond.lyt

3. Extract the following 3 files to your Modules folder:

211TEL.mod
371NAR.mod
510OND.mod

Uninstallation: manually delete the above files.
 StoneDragon
02-12-2005, 11:17 AM
Page was not found.
 Liverandbacon
02-12-2005, 11:22 AM
Page was not found As soon as I took out the bit that said <br%20/> The website worked fine, all I had to do was click on minigames.
 Darth333
02-12-2005, 11:36 AM
Link is fixed :)
 RedHawke
02-12-2005, 2:03 PM
Whoo Hoo!

Very, very nice Darth333! :D

Now I will get to actually win at Swoop Racing...
 Mav
02-12-2005, 3:40 PM
the link isn't working for me? :(
 Darth333
02-12-2005, 4:09 PM
Originally posted by maverick187
the link isn't working for me? :(
Try again later on: my bandwidth is metered hourlyand PCGM doesn't have a TSL section yet :( It should be back in an hour or so...

edit: it's back now :)
 Mav
02-12-2005, 5:35 PM
Got it ;) great job :D
 kasimmorathi
02-12-2005, 8:10 PM
Thanks Darth333,
Poor graphics card and system performance made swoop racing completely impossible. This helps a lot.
 ChAiNz.2da
02-13-2005, 12:53 PM
OK, I lied...there is at least one mod I will install before beating this game for the first time....

You're my hero Darth333!!! ...heroine rather... ;)
 FunSolo
02-13-2005, 1:09 PM
thank u soooooo much .. !
cause i hate these minigames, i never liked them.oOO( specially pazaak, but swoop also ) :D

EDIT: actually, the .mod files are in lips not modules... so.. in which one? :freak:hit4:
 Darth333
02-13-2005, 1:19 PM
Originally posted by FunSolo
EDIT: actually, the .mod files are in lips not modules... so.. in which one? :freak:hit4:
it's all in the readme: ;)
3. Extract the following 3 files to your Modules folder:

211TEL.mod
371NAR.mod
510OND.mod
 FunSolo
02-13-2005, 1:24 PM
yea i know, but it was confusing, cause of the file extension :rolleyes: :D
 Achilles
02-13-2005, 1:55 PM
Oh thank god....

You're the best!
 bigdfg
02-14-2005, 11:54 AM
I read the read me, and I made sure all the files were where they should be. Accel pads work great on Citidele, however ther is a point neart the end when I I go striaght I crash into the barrier, then EVERy mine has an increased blast radious and there is no way to miss them. Did I do something wrong, anyone else have the same issue, and can I fix it?

So this is not a grip, I really admire and apreciate your work.

Good on ya!
 Darth333
02-14-2005, 1:56 PM
Thanks for letting me know.

It happens that I had packed an old .are file instead of the final one. I uploaded the mod again, should be ok now :) (at least it is for me)

Please let me know if you find anything else.
 StoneDragon
02-14-2005, 2:35 PM
Nyeh, "the site will be restored in an hour."
 Darth333
02-14-2005, 3:00 PM
Originally posted by StoneDragon
Nyeh, "the site will be restored in an hour."
Yeah I know...will upload my mods at pcgamemods as soon as the Kotor 2 section is available.
 SpaceAlex
02-14-2005, 3:25 PM
Thanks, Darth. The Swoop races in TLS are next to impossible to win. After at least 10 tries i finally beat the Taris swoop champion and all i got was 500 credits. :mad: :confused:

This mod made everything easier. TY:.
 htraffic
02-15-2005, 5:48 AM
errm it doesnt work for me. ive got the mod files in the modules folder and the other in override and now i can drive straight thru anything in my way but when i finish it says that i have to finish to win and that ive crashed somehow
 Darth333
02-15-2005, 5:52 AM
I won on every track :confused: . Could you specify on what track it happened? and what's you finish time?

BTW, if you are talking about the track on Telos, it seems that swoop racing there is bugged: if you lost the race once (per example before installing the mod ;) ), then you will always be told to finish the race. If this is the case, Load a savegame before you lost and try again with the mods installed.
 htraffic
02-15-2005, 6:21 AM
all three give the same response, onderon my finish time was 41 seconds which is well within qualifying
 Darth333
02-15-2005, 6:56 AM
Anyone else having this problem? I tested the three tracks and got all the credits :confused:

I'll verify the files tonight but if you have run into a similar problem please let me know.
 FunSolo
02-15-2005, 7:30 AM
i just tried it on telos till now and it works fine without any problems.:confused:
 Darth333
02-15-2005, 8:00 AM
Thanks for the feedback FunSolo.

I asked a couple more people by PM and they all confirmed that the mod works fine too. :confused: :confused: :confused:

@ htraffic:
Double check the installation of the files. Otherwise, it could be a bug in your game. I did not change anythign in the scripts, just hte layout of the tracks so I don't see how it could influence the convos as long as you beat the best time.
 TKATK
02-15-2005, 8:00 AM
that happened with my goody two shoes female character in every swoop race no matter the time(without the mod),Currently playing with a male evil character and i dont get the you must finish line(with and without mod)

My guess is that gender is to blame...:jawa
 Darth333
02-15-2005, 8:03 AM
Originally posted by TKATK
that happened with my goody two shoes female character in every swoop race no matter the time(without the mod),Currently playing with a male evil character and i dont get the you must finish line(with and without mod)

My guess is that gender is to blame...:jawa
Hmmm....then it looks like a bug in the game, not in the mod. I'll check the dialogues and the globals for the swoop races and release a patch for the dialogues.

I tested the swoop races with a male PC...
 indianajennings
02-15-2005, 8:20 AM
Same problem here.
I lost a race prior to installing and it always says i've crashed or not finished.
Not sure if this can be fixed ... i'd rather not go back to the start again!

Thanks for all the great mods Darth.
 Darth333
02-15-2005, 8:24 AM
I think it's pretty easy to patch ;)...it probably requires to simply fix a .dlg file :) I'll check that when I get home.
 ChAiNz.2da
02-15-2005, 9:16 AM
That's really odd guys and gals. I've never had a problem with the mod (in any version), and I've even lost legite races beforehand, installed the mod & went back and won??

Query: I had noticed this problem (before Darth333's mod) that when I chose to do a 'trial' run I'd get the "You must complete the race..blahblah" message. Perhaps due to my lack of swoop skill, but just a thought. Are you making absolutely sure you're choosing the option to run a race rather than 'trial' run?

and just for Darth333's FYI, I have succeded with the mod both by persuading to not pay the entry fee, and by paying it (just in case)....this is really odd that it's not working for other's ???

One other query, if this is by chance the only mod you've installed (it was for me), when you made your "Override" folder... did you make sure to CAPitalize the "O" in override? I wouldn't think it would make a difference in game code, but since I'm not a coder, I'll just let options fly. However, I do know HTML, and when making a hyperlink...capitalization does count...

This game is quirky enough as it is :fist:, so any and all "try this" options applies ;)

QA really needs to be spanked with this release, or fired...
 Bobo
02-16-2005, 5:45 PM
hmmmmmm i installed it, but when i try to race on telos it goes black and never loads :(

----this known?
 Achilles
02-16-2005, 6:12 PM
Originally posted by Bobo
hmmmmmm i installed it, but when i try to race on telos it goes black and never loads :(

----this known? You're probably missing a .mod file in the Modules folder.
 doinkers
02-17-2005, 7:03 AM
you beautiful beautiful person. was so griping the other day on why isn't there the ezy race mod yet.

thank you for the release
 Achilles
02-17-2005, 7:44 AM
Originally posted by Darth333
I won on every track :confused: . Could you specify on what track it happened? and what's you finish time?

BTW, if you are talking about the track on Telos, it seems that swoop racing there is bugged: if you lost the race once (per example before installing the mod ;) ), then you will always be told to finish the race. If this is the case, Load a savegame before you lost and try again with the mods installed. I'm glad I saw this. I tried several times last night to beat the Telos swoop track, but no matter what time I posted, I was told that I didn't place :(

Glad to know it's a legitimate bug and that I'm not crazy.
 ChAiNz.2da
02-17-2005, 8:08 AM
Originally posted by Achilles
Glad to know it's a legitimate bug and that I'm not crazy.
Hold that thought Achilles ;)

Really? ummm... that's really weird because mine did work. I specifically tested for it :confused:

Maybe it's just my game that's buggy, because the only time I ever got that message (other than obviously losing to my sucky swoop skills) was when I was running trial runs.. ???

This whole game needs a MEGA-patch. godz this thing is going to be around 100mb with all the quirks that need fixing. It might as well be an add-on shelf release :lol:

StarWars: KotOR 2.5 The Sith Lord's Patch,
available in stores... whenever...
 Bimmerman
02-17-2005, 5:27 PM
I have been having the exact same problem, both with and without Darth333's mod installed. Check this thread: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=144368)
 Darth333
02-17-2005, 5:32 PM
Originally posted by Bimmerman850CSi
I have been having the exact same problem, both with and without Darth333's mod installed. Check this thread: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=144368)
Yes, ir's not the mod: it's the original dialogue with the swoop track guy that is completely messed up. I am looking at it.

In the meantime you can win all your races if you install the mod, cut down all the small talk with him and just ask him to race (no practice run) :) (this works if you haven't talked to him before).
 Light of the Fey
01-02-2007, 6:07 PM
Alright, I downloaded and put them in but it won't let me take off with the race. I press the space bar and the up key and I never go anywhere. Whats with that? Can you help me?
 Kitty Kitty
01-02-2007, 7:16 PM
I haven't actually looked at it for quite some time, but wasn't the accelerate (shift) function hard-mapped to the LMB?

Seemed like it was... but in any case, try starting a race and using the left mouse button to start (as well as to shift up when needed).

-Kitt
Page: 1 of 1