Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Make Robes At The Workbench Mod is now up at My Site

Page: 2 of 2
 Malkavier
03-09-2005, 12:12 AM
Ahhh, I was wondering... I only installed mods for the updated animal skins, the prestige pack, your mod and...one of the lightsaber packs.

I've always wondered why no one ever skins navy blue robes (or many blue robes at all?) with dark orange or gold trim though, or black robes with silver trim (think Raistlin Majere once he went to the Blacks). The normal browns and grays are all fine and dandy, but the whole earthtone thing makes me think my PC resembles a monk in some Dark Ages monastary or something....

Why don't I skin it you ask? No time, no tools, and partially blue-gray colour blind. Three main reasons, heh.
 RedHawke
03-09-2005, 1:07 AM
Originally posted by Malkavier
Upgrading works on the StarForge robe in the pack without a crash. It's when I use the red robe that it crashes. I guess this robe is not meant to be upgraded even though it gives the option to do so... And man, the red robe is the best looking one, it figures it would have to go and crash on THAT one, heheh.
That is part of the Revan's Robe Pack, not this mod, as Darkkender partially pointed out to you. I have no idea why it crashes when you upgrade the robes. As the robe uti file is not any different, I used the same template for all of them... wierd. :(
Originally posted by Darkkender
Okay that is one of the robes associated with the prestige class mod and not with this mod then.
Actually it would be the Revan Robes Mod not the Prestiege Robes Mod. :D
 Darkkender
03-09-2005, 3:21 AM
Originally posted by RedHawke
Actually it would be the Revan Robes Mod not the Prestiege Robes Mod. :D

DOH Bart!!! *Smacks Head against wall*:headbump
 RedHawke
03-09-2005, 3:30 AM
^^^^
:rofl: ROFL @ Darkkender! :rofl:
Upgrading works on the StarForge robe in the pack without a crash. It's when I use the red robe that it crashes. I guess this robe is not meant to be upgraded even though it gives the option to do so... And man, the red robe is the best looking one, it figures it would have to go and crash on THAT one, heheh.
OK I just went in and tested the mod and all 4 robes upgraded without a hitch, no errors or crashes, I used my 2 Custom Nanoweave upgrades too.

This leads me to believe it is a bug in your particular savegame...
 Malkavier
03-09-2005, 12:49 PM
Well, I have figured out the problem after all...

If your save game is marked with a Cheats Used flag, all kinds of nasty things seem to have been built in to go haywire on you (For instance, the first HK-50 you have to kill at the beginning of the game to progress further becomes invulnerable, this "bug" I have tested and retested and it only happens if the save file is marked with the Cheats Used flag, he even gets this hilarious dev voiceover taunting you.). So, my simple workaround: remove the flag using KSE.

Did it work? Yes, I was able to craft the robe and upgrade it this time without a crash.

Another bug I noticed, is that if you have too many inventory items, it will do a similar crash when you get armor of any type. I've noticed this particularly when getting droid armor. Simple workaround was to just break down a ton of worthless items at a workbench/lab.

So if anyone has problems, make sure your save isn't cheat flagged BEFORE you upgrade the items.
 VernoOiale
03-09-2005, 12:57 PM
Any chance of a hoodless version of these robe Redhawke?

Great job on this btw, and thanks
 General Kenobi
03-09-2005, 6:43 PM
Originally posted by VernoOiale
Any chance of a hoodless version of these robe Redhawke?

Great job on this btw, and thanks

I'm sure a non-hooded one is possible but from what I know so far it is not possible to "work the models over" very much. I've been in on some conversations about modeling and it seems that models are not changable. ChAiNz told me what the model files were the other night and I tried in vain to open it/import it into Maya, and usually if Maya can't open it....It will be hard.

I'd say they will have to wait till modeling is cracked open before that happens since it would require a new model for a character.

Hope that helps to answer your question. :)
 ChAiNz.2da
03-09-2005, 7:24 PM
Originally posted by Darth Melignous
I'm sure a non-hooded one is possible but from what I know so far it is not possible to "work the models over" very much. I've been in on some conversations about modeling and it seems that models are not changable. ChAiNz told me what the model files were the other night and I tried in vain to open it/import it into Maya, and usually if Maya can't open it....It will be hard.

I'd say they will have to wait till modeling is cracked open before that happens since it would require a new model for a character.

Hope that helps to answer your question. :)
Just FYI, cchargin released MDLOps v5 last night so now we can do model work (certain restrictions still apply) ;)

As for Maya, it won't work. MDLOps converts game models into ascii format, as far as I know Maya is incapable of working in this form. However, GMAX is a free modeling program, and with the proper plug-in will easily import the converted ascii models :D

Read up on MDLOps here:
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=140293)

Get GMAX here:
http://www.discreet.com/products/gmax/)
 General Kenobi
03-09-2005, 8:02 PM
Sweet :)

As always ChAiNz you rule!

I'm glad the door has been cracked on the modeling thang. I just wish the files were more friendly to edit like Jedi Knight series was. Put em' up in a .pk3 (zip) file and your good to go. Now those were the days...lol

And UNrelated...

ChAiNz I told you last night you unleased a monster by helping me. I ended up doing a custom darkside version of Nomi's Robe (I'm sure you already know) last night and posted it as well.
 ChAiNz.2da
03-09-2005, 9:24 PM
Sweet :)

As always ChAiNz you rule!

I'm glad the door has been cracked on the modeling thang.hehe.. I'm just the messenger man, the bearer of good news. The real credit goes to cchargin who made modeling 'fantasies' into a boni-fied reality. Without him, we'd be skinning everything in sight just so that something looked different heheh

ChAiNz I told you last night you unleased a monster by helping me. I ended up doing a custom darkside version of Nomi's Robe (I'm sure you already know) last night and posted it as well. Welcome to the DarkSide :dev11:
Yeah, I've already got my copy... heheh
Looks great my friend, keep up the momentum and let the 'monster' roam free ;)

^^^^ @RedHawke
Sorry for the slight :o offtopic, just doing some "recruiting" for Holowan heheh... I'll leave your thread alone for relating topics now... :D

But I will say this, it's nice to see those robes in TSL... I'm glad to see you made them available :emodanc:
 RedHawke
03-10-2005, 12:31 AM
Well, I have figured out the problem after all...

If your save game is marked with a Cheats Used flag, all kinds of nasty things seem to have been built in to go haywire on you
That's wierd!!! My current games all have the cheats used flag set and I have had no problems whatsoever!

Again I'm leaning to something being haywire in your save game itself. ;)
Originally posted by ChAiNz.2da
But I will say this, it's nice to see those robes in TSL... I'm glad to see you made them available :emodanc:
Actually this is the wrong thread, this thread (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=145747) is the one about the Revan Robes.

This thread is about adding the Jedi/Sith Robes to be constructable at the WorkBench and has nothing to do with the Revan robes...
*Cough*... Malkavier... *Cough*! :D
Page: 2 of 2