Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

PLZ HELP Dark screen

Page: 1 of 1
 adey12
02-11-2005, 9:41 AM
Hi i just bought KOTOR 2 for the PC today and i can load up the main menu and i can see the traditional Yellow writing at the start of the game, I can also see an Ebon Hawk fly to some planet but then the screen stays dark and all i can hear is music.

I meet the minimul conditions, my ****ty Radeon 9500 is the only think with a yellow warning sign next to it.

Does any one here play this game with a radeon 9500 with no porblems ?

i hav tried all settings to low but no luck

I can also play kotor 1 with no problems
 Darth333
02-11-2005, 9:45 AM
Update your drivers. I heard there were some problems with the latest Catalyst drivers (5.1 and 5.2) but I am running the game with Catalyst 4.11 (I have an ATI 9800 PRO 128 MB) and have not experienced any issue yet.

Moving this thread to the work bench.
 RasputinX
02-11-2005, 9:45 AM
Silly question, but this might help...

Do you have the most recent drivers for your card?

www.ati.com)
 Darth Smaug
02-11-2005, 9:49 AM
Have you hit the Configure buton on the screen? then you see if your PC stats match the game..
 stingerhs
02-11-2005, 7:10 PM
@ Darth Smaug-
the configure button doesn't do anything that you can't do from the tsl game menu under options.

@adey12-
heh, i had the same problem trying to start tsl after the first couple of tries.

but, as pointed out by RasputinX, the latest catalyst drivers (5.2) should work for tsl. if not, i recommend using either 4.11 (recommended by Darth333) or the 4.3 catalyst drivers. this should solve your problem. :)
 adey12
02-11-2005, 10:07 PM
thanks everyone for the quick responce, getting the 5.2 video drivers worked.

This game so far is great i love the beginning much better than KOTOR 1

Im a Jedi Sential playing as a goody !

I unfortually have one problem left when i saved and exited the game to windows XP i could not load my save game :( it gets half way through and the very common windows box pops and
"this program has had a problem"
Any one had this problem ?

does this sound like a reinstall job ?
 stingerhs
02-12-2005, 4:46 AM
hmm, i haven't encountered that problem yet. and no, i don't think you should try re-installing the game. i have a feeling the game is fine, unless you've been messing with the actual kotor 2 program files.

your best bet: try loading the autosave, if you played the game long enough to get one. otherwise, that means you're going to have to start over. :(

sorry if i can't offer much more help than that.

edit: the windows pop-up box just simply means that the game crashed on you. that also means that the savegame you're trying to load is corrupted in some way.
 adey12
02-12-2005, 5:35 AM
i actually re-installed it and clicked the option to keep saved files and it works perfectally :)

i can now enjoy this great great game
Page: 1 of 1