Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

pc crash during introduction

Page: 1 of 1
 aldora
02-11-2005, 1:56 AM
first excuse for my english (I'm french)

when I launch a new game on KOTOR II, the introduction begin and crash in 1 minute!

I have reinstal the game three times, and launch with minimal config, and nothing change.

I have kust found that my graphic card is not on the recommanded list, but in the minimal list : ATI radeon 9700 portable pc (64mo)

thanks

ps : I can use HL2 on my pc, or it demands a lot of ressources! so if you can say me if I have spend money for nothing, thanks.
 Boba Rhett
02-11-2005, 1:59 AM
Do you have the latest drivers installed for your video card?
 aldora
02-11-2005, 2:01 AM
I don't now, but I have seen a post talking of it, someone can tell me if the catalysis control driver is what I need?

thanks
 Boba Rhett
02-11-2005, 2:17 AM
For a portable PC you need to download the latest drivers from the manufacturer of your portable computer and not from ati.com. Check your computer makers website for their drivers for the 9700 mobile.
 Leviathan
02-11-2005, 9:20 AM
aldora, if you're really French and if you have SW : KotOR I (The original game made by BioWare, and not its famous sequel, The Sith Lords), please see this thread :
Only for SW : KotOR I's French version owners ... (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=143900)
Otherwise, I couldn't "realize" my project ... :mad:
 stingerhs
02-11-2005, 7:19 PM
actually, it sounds like an all too familiar problem. just download the latest 5.2 catalyst drivers from ATI.

here's the link for both english and international drivers:
http://www.ati.com/support/driver.html)

just select your operating system in the first column, then the "Graphic Driver" option in the middle column, and then the select the "RADEON family" option in the final column. then hit the go button.

the new drivers should solve your problem. :)
 Leviathan
02-12-2005, 2:42 AM
aldora, Darth333 have asked me a service if I would obtain SW : KotOR II The Sith Lords in French version. I currently do not have it, contrary to you. Please send her a PM to announce this (great) news. She'll be able to explain you what it acts... Otherwise, ask me your questions about this. :)
Don't worry, this is just a small request !... :D

PS : You can also speak to me in French. It's not a real problem... :p
 Leviathan
02-13-2005, 6:19 AM
And, if you find possible errors in SW : KotOR II The Sith Lords's dialogs, do not forget to "report" them to me using this thread or Private Messaging... :p
Je t'en serais trиs reconnaissant !... :D
Page: 1 of 1