Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The Grim Fandango Half Life mod

Page: 1 of 1
 Sanspoof
02-09-2005, 12:11 PM
EDIT: Ah, cack, the DOD rendered this thread pointless. Ignore.
 James Isaac
02-09-2005, 9:24 PM
We should still discuss it ;)

Anyone got any ideas for gameplay? We thought of maybe capture the flag except with a suitcase of Double N tickets.

And we started mapping, I'll show some screenshots soon :)
 Sanspoof
02-12-2005, 4:17 AM
I guess it can only mainly be Deathmatch or Team Deathmatch, as those are the easiest to make in HL2. Obviously all weapons should be moderately the same but shooting out Sproutella darts, and blood should be green. Also, if it's possible (Which I highly doubt it is), it'd be cool to have every character model have flower models inside them, which sprout out when they die.

Just some ideas.

Also, I might join as a mapper, once I figure out the whole Hammer lark.
 James Isaac
02-12-2005, 10:37 AM
Yeah in the development one I have at the moment I have deathmatch coded in, and teams would be pretty easy to do. But if we get a good programmer we might be able to have some new modes (or if sites post tutorial I could code it :P)

I was thinking of maybe having the people come up in flowers when they die, but that would be hard, because for it to look good the flowers have to sprout out and spread from the wound...

It would be great if you could help out with the mapping, because there are a lot of maps we are planning. I made a map for CSS - it's called fy_officemini, you may have played it (although i doubt it). You can also see it here (http://www.csm2.net/view_map.php?map_id=912).
Page: 1 of 1