Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Closing down #S3Clan.com#

Page: 1 of 1
 s3ultramagnus
02-08-2005, 10:06 AM
Due to an overall lack of use since the release of 1.2 (we were a top 5 server during 1.1) I have decided to shut down the server. I don't understand why the server does not get used (the ping is really low and the server is fast to respond) but on top of that, there is just no good administration utility. If anyone thinks I should leave it up, let me know. Hell, I would even give it a 3 map cycle if I thought it would help. I am happy to give to the community, but there are no takers out there.
 Rends
02-08-2005, 11:02 AM
Donґt do it please.
Give the community more time to switch from Patch 1.1 to 1.2.
It took several weeks if not month(s) for most guys to patch from 1.0 to 1.1 and now itґs the same situation with Patch 1.2
Simple compare the actual ingame browser player number stats with the stats from gamespy wich count all versions.
You will see that still 40+ percent havnґt installed Patch 1.2 yet.

Rends
 Alegis
02-08-2005, 11:03 AM
Yup. SWBF seems to be suffering from a slow "patch change" community...

The 1.2 was a huge patch though for so little changes (160megs)
 s3ultramagnus
02-08-2005, 11:18 AM
Why did this get moved? this has nothing to do with server administration, it has to do with feedback from the players. Server Administration is not a players forum, but an admins forums. Please move it back. thanks
 swphreak
02-08-2005, 1:16 PM
Your post deals with shutting down your server.... server administration. People that are looking for servers will look in here.
 s3ultramagnus
02-09-2005, 4:17 AM
ummm, yeah...okay....

Server Administration - the operation and maintenance of a server

People looking for a server....uhhhhh....think about it. I think only server admins will come to this forum. Ya think?
 s3ultramagnus
02-14-2005, 9:11 AM
See??? You killed my thread....thanks.
Page: 1 of 1