Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Losing items when viewing inventory

Page: 1 of 1
 Anti-Deity
02-07-2005, 4:46 PM
While playing KotoR, I lose 1 item every time I view my inventory. This doesn't happen automatically. I have to of entered a firefight, check my NPC party member's inventory, or some other action before this starts to happen.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and I apologise if this is posted in the wrong forum.
 Mav
02-07-2005, 9:41 PM
any mods installed?
 Anti-Deity
02-08-2005, 5:54 AM
I have no mods installed, and only installed the game a week ago. I did run the 1.03 patch, but the problem occured before and after I applied the patch.
 Darth Smaug
02-09-2005, 8:35 AM
maybe you should clean out your override folder....
 Darth333
02-09-2005, 9:22 AM
Originally posted by Darth Smaug
maybe you should clean out your override folder.... He just said he has no mods installed...

First time I hear of this problem :confused:
 Darth Smaug
02-09-2005, 9:46 AM
did you UPDATE the patch on the Game,Configere,Update,Exit screen?:D
 Anti-Deity
02-09-2005, 10:12 AM
did you UPDATE the patch on the Game,Configere,Update,Exit screen?:D
I learned long ago not to trust any programs autoupdaters. I manually downloaded the update from here (http://support.lucasarts.com/patches/KotOR.htm) and installed it.

I also didn't use the built in updater because I am still on dialup at home. It is much easier to download files at my college then bring them home.
 Darth Smaug
02-09-2005, 11:37 AM
so you didn't hit the Update buton at the screen?
 Anti-Deity
02-09-2005, 12:19 PM
so you didn't hit the Update buton at the screen?
No I did not.
 MarKomus
02-09-2005, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Anti-Deity
While playing KotoR, I lose 1 item every time I view my inventory. This doesn't happen automatically. I have to of entered a firefight, check my NPC party member's inventory, or some other action before this starts to happen.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and I apologise if this is posted in the wrong forum.

Try this: Find a bunch of items and don't check your inventory screen until you have found several items. Then switch to your inventory screen. New items should appear in purple (at this point, most all of them). Now switch back and forth between game screen and inventory. Are the items disappearing? If they all disappear, then congradulations: you have your inventory display stuck on "Show New Items." Once a new item is viewed, it disappears back into the wood work.

At the bottom of the inventory screen, on the right, is a button to toggle to different ways of displaying your inventory (Usable Items, Equippable Items, All Items, Quest Items, etc.). When you click that button, a different way of listing should appear and some of them should be in blue.
 Darth Smaug
02-09-2005, 12:31 PM
to make the Update work you have to hit the Update button on the screen not just install it...then your problem with the items hopefully will be gone:D
 Anti-Deity
02-09-2005, 1:21 PM
to make the Update work you have to hit the Update button on the screen not just install it...then your problem with the items hopefully will be gone:D
I hit the Update button, and the only thing it reported back to me was update the Update button. I ran it again, and I was told there were no available updates, nor at any time did it state it was installing or finishing up the previously installed update.

Originally posted by MarKomus
Try this: Find a bunch of items and don't check your inventory screen until you have found several items. Then switch to your inventory screen. New items should appear in purple (at this point, most all of them). Now switch back and forth between game screen and inventory. Are the items disappearing? If they all disappear, then congradulations: you have your inventory display stuck on "Show New Items." Once a new item is viewed, it disappears back into the wood work.

At the bottom of the inventory screen, on the right, is a button to toggle to different ways of displaying your inventory (Usable Items, Equippable Items, All Items, Quest Items, etc.). When you click that button, a different way of listing should appear and some of them should be in blue.
I just realized yesterday there were multiple ways to filter the inventory. I believe you are right, but I will try this anyways and report back.

Thanks again everyone.
 Darth Smaug
02-10-2005, 2:43 AM
no thanks :glad to help you out:D
 Anti-Deity
02-10-2005, 2:39 PM
Yep, I'm an idiot. That was it. Now back to Kashyyyk.
Page: 1 of 1