Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

single handed dblsbrs

Page: 1 of 1
 masterchief2491
02-06-2005, 10:11 AM
Im currently designing a saber that looks and has the abilities of a standard double bladed saber but only needs 1 hand to use. i have it almost comlete and i wanted to know if anyone can answer one question for me.
I need someone to tell me how to copy appearance (icon included) from one sabre to another.
I hope to have the mod done soon but my website is currently done so i'm signing up for pcgamemods.

somebody plz help me.
 Achilles
02-06-2005, 10:48 AM
You may want to consider changing your signature line before asking for help.

Just my 2 cents.

Good luck with your mod.
 ChAiNz.2da
02-06-2005, 10:49 AM
Using Fred's KotOR Tool, go to:

ERFs > Texture Packs > swpc_tex_gui.erf > I

Double Click a saber icon, (ie - iw_lghtsbr_001.tpc, iw_shortsbr_001.tpc, iw_dblsbr_001.tpc)

and in the lower right corner click the Write File button...Save to a directory you can find easily. It will save the icon in .tga format (same name)...

Now, open the file in a graphics editor and design to your whim, or use the default icon...your choice... take note of your alpha channel, it restricts to what exactly gets shown in the game's menus and be sure to save in 32 bit...

Once done, save your file.

Now, depending on the model number you used for your saber, rename your file using this number...

ie - Say you used model number 30, rename your icon file to:

iw_lghtsbr_030.tga

(or whichever icon file type you used, short, reg, dbl, etc.)

You can also use the same method for any icon in the game, be it your saber crystal, armor, weapon, etc. The name is dependant on your model number used...

All of the game's item icons and such live in the ERFs > Texture Packs > swpc_tex_gui.erf directory

and yes, change your sig line
Page: 1 of 1