Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Only for SW : KotOR I's French version owners ...

Page: 1 of 1
 Leviathan
02-06-2005, 6:37 AM
Hello !

This thread is particularly intended to SW : KotOR I's french version owners. I have some technical questions to ask them which concern sound files ...
Indeed, I have some mute French sounds and I would wish to know if I am only in this case, or not.
 Darth333
02-06-2005, 2:33 PM
I don't know if many people here have the French version :( Even I have only the English version.
 Tanesh
02-07-2005, 5:49 AM
I have the German version, and there are some mute sound files in there, too. I asked my friends about it and they had the same proble, so it's not my game alone. :dozey: But the German version has a cutscene where Bastila speaks French. ;)
 Leviathan
02-07-2005, 8:55 AM
Ive seen that a person selected the "French version" option in the poll you can see at the following adress http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=143852). (It's not me, of course ! :p) I hope it's not a (bad) joke !... :rolleyes:
Tanesh, could you say me what your cut-scene says exactly ?
Another "point" : Is there a mean to find the person which vote for the French version on my poll ? (Post a sticky or announcement, etc ...)

:) Thank you in advance ! :D
 Tanesh
02-07-2005, 9:25 AM
Umm, it's the scene where Bastila says "You cannot win, Revan."
In the German cutscene (at least the subtitle is German), she says "Vous ne pouvez pas gagner, Revan." Or something like that. ;) My French got a bit rusty during the last 6 years.
 FunSolo
02-07-2005, 10:54 AM
never heard her talkin french, and i got the german version, too.
 Tanesh
02-07-2005, 11:03 AM
Strange ... My brother and my friend have the French scene, too. If you have the Bink Video Player, it's the file 02.bik.

Edit: The French cutscene in the German version is also mentioned here:
http://www.rpg-board.org/thread.php4?id=34340&pid=#id782974)
 Leviathan
02-08-2005, 8:44 AM
These are strange issues, no ?
French cut-scene in German SW : KotOR I, mute sound files in all available languages (Except "native" KotOR language, English), etc ...
:confused: SW : KotOR I seems to be "finished with haste" ... :mad:
 Tanesh
02-08-2005, 9:45 AM
I agree with that. Not to forget the gender -mixes (women with male voices and vice versa) and some NPCs with "helmet voices" even if they don't wear helmets (e.g. Admiral Dodonna in one cutscene, a side comment from Jolee on Manaan when talking to that Iridorian etc.). :mad:
 Ayatus
02-08-2005, 9:55 AM
It's not a bad joke.I'm the person who selected "French version" in the poll.
Desolate, my english is poor.
I compared the ".tlk"file of the French version with that of the original version.
The french ".tlk" file is incomplete and partially translate but from size similar to the original file.
The games translated in my language are often bungled.
Simple equation: price of a translation for little buyer!
I supose that it's the same for my European friends.
 Darth333
02-08-2005, 10:23 AM
I own the game in English but I have seen the French and Spanish .tlk tables and noticed that they both contain many errors :(
Originally posted by Ayatus
Desolate, my english is poor.

@ Ayatus, I was feeling the same about my English last year when I started posting here but trust me, there is no need to worry about this ;)
 Leviathan
02-11-2005, 9:33 AM
Ayatus, could you indicate me the possible errors you found in dialogs, please ? It shall help me in my grammatical and orthographical corrections. :)
Other thing : If you find mute sound files in SW : KotOR I, do not hesitate to send me their references...
Finally (For the moment...), could you check if this sound file is mute or not : "nm45aaligh010xx_.wav" ? You can find it in the following KotOR I's directory : "streamwaves\m45aa\ligh01\". (I've mentioned this problem in this topic : I seek a SW : KotOR sound file ... (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=143196))

:p And, thanks a lot ! :D
 Leviathan
02-12-2005, 2:33 AM
:confused: Is there somebody ?... :confused:
 Ayatus
02-12-2005, 8:34 AM
Yes, this sound file is mute.
For the rest you will wait that I finish games. I 'm still in Taris.
 Leviathan
02-12-2005, 9:26 AM
Thanks to be attentive to each fault you'll be able to encounter in SW : KotOR I. I would be grateful to you to check the maximum of dialogs, to detect possible errors and transmit them to me in this thread or by using Private Messaging.
This would help me much in my work... :p

PS : Si tu veux, tu peux me parler en franзais. Ca ne me pose absolument aucun problиme... :D
 Leviathan
02-14-2005, 8:12 AM
Is there somebody, here ? :mad:
Page: 1 of 1