Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

New Exar Kun DoubleSaber Hilt

Page: 1 of 1
 sketch42
02-05-2005, 10:03 PM
My first Mod..
Special Thanks to
svösh for all his Excellent Tutorials and knowledge in G-max as well as allowing the use of his Cm_ManUn txi
-Seprithro for all his help and patience in showing me how to model this saber
-and of course the great Team at Holowan Labs for ll their Great Resources!!!!

- Fred Tetra for the Kotor Tool app... without i'de be Lost... as if im not already :-p

- cchargin for his MDLops proggy

- Achilles for ALL the great tutorials which made this (my first mod) possible!

screenshots and download info at end of this post

From the Read Me

**EDIT**

UPDATE: vers: 1.3
-Fixed A problem with descriptions not showing for Crystal and Saber.
-Reskinned Hilt (still Playing with it tell me what you think)

The only Downside i see which isnt really a downside is that the only way for the fix to take is by using the giveitem cheat. if the saber is already in your inventory you can keep 2. or use the Kotor Save Game editor to remove i from your list and than use the cheat console to get the saber again. Sorry for the inconveneince.
If there is aneasier way to do this please enlighten me.

New Version OUT!!!

http://files.filefront.com/ExarKun+DblSbr+13zip/;13172393;/fileinfo.html)

----------------------------------------------

V1.2
-Fixed Problem upgrading Saber at workbench[/size][/color][/b]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Authors name :
sketch42

Authors Contact:
please do not post your email in the public forum (please put 'Kotor' somewhere in the subject)

Mod Name:
Exar Kun's DoubleBladed Prototype Saber with Crystal

vers: 1.3
-Fixed A problem with descriptions not showing for Crystal and Saber.
-Reskinned Hilt (still Playing with it tell me what you think)

vers: 1.2
-Fixed Problem upgrading Saber at workbench

vers: 1.1
-Removed some reundant files

-Added: the New Crystal Now Effects ALL saber crystals in
different ways... all according to their original in-game description

-Also Changed the On Hit Fear Properties for Duration of 2 Rounds(6 secs)

Description of Mod:
=====================
Adds 2 New items to the Game

1) Exar Kuns Prototype DoubleBladed Saber - upgradeable

- Attack Bonus +5
- Critical Threat Range 19-20,x2 Massive Criticals 3-22
- On Hit Fear 50% for 6 secs DC22
- Feats Required Master Two Weapon Fighting and Force Sensitive
- Damage Bonus, Energy 3-16
- Restricted to Darkside

2) Exar Kuns Prototype Crystal

- Will Effect ALL Upgrade Crystals ;) (i tried to stay True to their Description)

====================================

Installation:
Just extract the files to your Kotor Override directory.
You can aquire this item at the cheat console by typing "giveitem g_w_dblsbr042" without the quotes

If you do not want to use the chat you an pick this item up in on a corpse in Ajunta Pauls Tomb
Along with a Datapad explaining what its doing there

++VERY IMPORTANT++
++ There is also an included upcrystals.2da file.
If you are currently using this type of file (other lightasaber mod),
DO NOT OVERWRITE with this one. Some editing will be required.

Using Fred Tetra's Kotor Tool (see special thanks)

-open your existing upcrystals.2da in your Override folder

- Follow this diagram:

================================================== ========================================
= ROW Label label template shortmdlvar longmdlvar doublemdlvar =
= =
= next # Kun G_W_SBRCRSTL42 **** **** G_W_DBLSBR042 =
================================================== ========================================

Removal:
Just delete the files installed from your Override directory

Special thanks to:
-svösh for all his Excellent Tutorials and knowledge in G-max as well as allowing the use of his Cm_ManUn txi
-Seprithro for all his help and patience in showing me how to model this saber
-and of course the great Team at Holowan Labs for ll their Great Resources!!!!

- Fred Tetra for the Kotor Tool app... without i'de be Lost... as if im not already :-p

- cchargin for his MDLops proggy

- Achilles for ALL the great tutorials which made this (my first mod) possible!

and anyone else i may have forgotten thank you

This Mod is not supported by LucasArts or Bioware. Do not contact them for support of this mod.

LucasArts is a trademark of Lucasfilm Ltd. Bioware and the Odyysey Engine are trademarks of Bioware Corp.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Screenies
http://sketch42.fotopic.net/p11546250.html)
http://sketch42.fotopic.net/p11546251.html)
http://sketch42.fotopic.net/p11546252.html)

you can Download the Mod Here http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/New_Exar_Kun_DoubleSaber_Hilt;97628)
 Mav
02-05-2005, 10:15 PM
Very good job on this one, especially for your first mod, heck my first mod.... umm was a saber blade color change, and if this is your first model then you did a fantastic job. click click got mine :)
 sketch42
02-05-2005, 10:20 PM
believe you me i had alot of help from seprithro , svцsh and achilless threads and just about everyone else... lol

took me 2 weeks to get this one together... but i think my next mod will hopefully come easier (wishful thinking i know lol :D )
 T7nowhere
02-06-2005, 12:30 AM
It looks great. I think you also fullfilled a request for that saber from the request thread.
 darth vandar
02-06-2005, 12:52 AM
That a freaking cool saber!:eek:

(of topic) where can i get some info on exar kun:confused:

anyway keep it up

[edit] can u send me the mod i can't open up pcgamemods web site[edit]
 PoM
02-06-2005, 1:45 AM
Whoa!:eek:!
That's...whoosh, people are really making good stuff now!
This is...*Thinks for 8 seconds...*
Awesome!
Amazing!
A - - - something!
...Cool.

can u send me the mod i can't open up pcgamemods web site

If you get instafinder instead of pcgamemods, you've got spyware.
 illuzion69
02-06-2005, 2:15 AM
Looks good, I'll have to fire up kotor one more time to check it out.
 sketch42
02-06-2005, 6:47 AM
just to note... if you Downloaded the Mod the New Color Crystal is specifically for the new hilt if you try putting the crystal in a standard saber most likely your game will crash.... i will upload a revised version of the mod Hopefully later tonight so the crystal can be supported by all sabers...

also if you want me to add some diff properties as well that you think would fit with this saber feel free to post your suggestions
 Darkkender
02-06-2005, 6:56 AM
looks great can't wait to play with it.
 kata_mad
02-06-2005, 8:31 AM
DV you can find info about Exar Kun at http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/exarkun/eu.html)
 sketch42
02-06-2005, 5:31 PM
i want to upload the new version of the saber.. made a few changes.. but i cant find how to update the zip.. do i just resubmit a new file... and itll overwrite??
 RedHawke
02-06-2005, 6:42 PM
Originally posted by sketch42
i want to upload the new version of the saber.. made a few changes.. but i cant find how to update the zip.. do i just resubmit a new file... and itll overwrite??
Yes, for PCGameMods, you just resubmit the .zip just like you posted the mod the first time.

Just put a new version in the version box (Ex: 1.0 becomes 1.1) and use an Identical title, and description to the previous version, with notations in the discription indicating a newer version.

I hope this helps! :D
 sketch42
02-06-2005, 6:48 PM
Originally posted by RedHawke
Yes, for PCGameMods, you just resubmit the .zip just like you posted the mod the first time.

Just put a new version in the version box (Ex: 1.0 becomes 1.1) and use an Identical title, and description to the previous version, with notations in the discription indicating a newer version.

I hope this helps! :D

it keeps telling me to change the filename
 RedHawke
02-06-2005, 6:57 PM
Originally posted by sketch42
it keeps telling me to change the filename
Of course, you should want to change the filename anyway so you know what version you are on at a glance.

Usually I name my zip files like RHWhateverMod1.zip then if I have to update it I name the next one RHWhateverMod1a.zip or RHWhateverMod2.zip then I know at a glance if I have made a new version or not. :D

PCGameMods won't let you update the file you have allready uploaded, so you have to give it a different name, but not that different, hence why I use a 1 then 1a or 2 at the end of my zip filenames. The moderators at PCGameMods then will delete your previous version when they get to it. ;)
 T7nowhere
02-06-2005, 6:58 PM
Change the file name to like 1.1 or something. The way it works right now is if you need to update then just upload the new version with the same name accept with the increasing version number. once you do this the old version will be deleted by an admin. Like me :)

Sergio is working on adding the ability for a user to edit there own files, but that will take some time.
 sketch42
02-06-2005, 7:00 PM
o ok i didnt kno they delete the old .. hehe ok
 sketch42
02-06-2005, 9:07 PM
New Update ... see first post
fixed a minor bug .. that the saber wasnt upgrading... all should be good now
 sketch42
01-21-2009, 9:33 AM
Hey guys whats up. I know i been gone a long time. but i just broke out KOTOR I and i wanted to drop my saber in and after all this time i thought that PCgameMods was still up only to realize that its been dead. I was looking for my latest release of this Lightsaber and i cant seem to find it anywhere. i only have vers 1.0 but im looking for vers 1.2 backed up, so if anyone here has a copy please PM me .
 sketch42
01-27-2009, 11:27 AM
i believe i have found the file i uploaded it here http://files.filefront.com/ExarKun+DblSaberv12zip/;13110626;/fileinfo.html)

i havent had a chance to test it though lemme know if it works out
 Darth InSidious
01-29-2009, 7:00 PM
Following upload by sketch42, the mod is now also available here (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/New_Exar_Kun_DoubleSaber_Hilt;97472). :)
 sketch42
01-30-2009, 10:59 AM
Following upload by sketch42, the mod is now also available here (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/New_Exar_Kun_DoubleSaber_Hilt;97472). :)
can you also add the saber properties in the description?

Description of Mod:
=====================
Adds 2 New items to the Game

1) Exar Kuns Prototype DoubleBladed Saber - upgradeable

- Attack Bonus +5
- Critical Threat Range 19-20,x2 Massive Criticals 3-22
- On Hit Fear 50% for 6 secs DC22
- Feats Required Master Two Weapon Fighting and Force Sensitive
- Damage Bonus, Energy 3-16
- Restricted to Darkside

2) Exar Kuns Prototype Crystal

- Will Effect ALL Upgrade Crystals (i tried to stay True to their Description)

====================================

thanks for the added in game screen shot. also i will try and redo the skin as at the time pshop had eluded me .

thanks again
 Darth InSidious
01-30-2009, 11:09 AM
can you also add the saber properties in the description?
Done. :)

thanks for the added in game screen shot. also i will try and redo the skin as at the time pshop had eluded me .

thanks again
No worries - thanks for uploading with us! :) Looking forward to seeing the new skin, too!
 Lord Dagron
02-01-2009, 11:22 AM
Awesome Saber going down load when I get home
 sketch42
02-02-2009, 12:26 AM
Fixed a Bug with description of crystal and saber not showing.
If you would like to see the descriptions, it seems that you will need to get the saber again, no worries just use the give item cheat and have 2 !!!

if theres another way to so this i would like to know

anywho... herees the file (CLICK ME) (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/New_Exar_Kun_DoubleSaber_Hilt;97628) till i figure out how to update it at kotor2files.

o 1 more thing im playing with the texture again so in this version it has a slighlty diff skin, more metal looking with a tinge of rubber.

Updated first post
d'oh!!! forgot TSL Patcher... I'll fix that in the next version the last thing is the skin so once thats woked out im going to release Some Robes as well and maybe a new force power!! (Hopefully :D)
 DarthYuugi
02-02-2009, 10:50 AM
Sweet Hilt

You got my Download ;)
Page: 1 of 1