Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Malak and Malek mod

Page: 1 of 1
 Darthben
02-05-2005, 9:53 PM
ok i heard rumers that Malek is Malaks brother, if so what ever happen to him? why not make a mod to recruit him for a defence against the star forge?
If malek and Malak are the same people, why not say that when Revan and Malak was questing for the Star forge, Malak was stripped of his light side, making two beings, Malek(Light) and Darth Malak(Dark of course)

well i think it might be a good mod, if anyone would be interested in doing it.( Replace catwoman, juhani:) ) and during the final battle, Malek shows up, fights malak for a couple of minutes with you,Revan, and when Malak gets to half hp, Malak strips Maleks soul to heal himself like the other jedi( if possible of course)
 darth vandar
02-05-2005, 10:02 PM
hi

i have 2 things to say

1. this shuld be in mod request tread
2. that sounds intresting hopefully someone can make it
 Achilles
02-05-2005, 10:05 PM
Not sure who Malek is. If he's a character from TSL, this really should have a spoiler tag on it.
 Darthben
02-05-2005, 10:08 PM
uhh... not TSl kotor 1
 Mav
02-05-2005, 10:12 PM
never heard of a Malek in my run-throughs of the game:confused:
 Achilles
02-05-2005, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by maverick187
never heard of a Malek in my run-throughs of the game:confused: Me neither *very confused*. I'm assuming that this must be some sort of fanfic idea for a recruit mod, but still, it's posed as a question :confused:
 Darthben
02-05-2005, 10:17 PM
im just saying whati heard, i thought it might have been a chat i missed but, i dont know, hes a reliable sourse but still, if malek never existed as malaks brother, why not make malak been split into Dark and light? Jedi_malak should be malek and Dark Malak of couse Darth Malak
 RedHawke
02-05-2005, 10:28 PM
Darthben,

Just an FYI... Malek (Darth Malak's brother) is a recruited character made for Darth Strakers Sith Armada Mod and is not an official character. That is why people are confused.

Hence the character cannot be used in any mod without the original creators permission.

:D
 sketch42
02-05-2005, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by RedHawke
Darthben,

Just an FYI... Malek (Darth Malak's brother) is a recruited character made for Darth Strakers Sith Armada Mod and is not an official character. That is why people are confused.

Hence the character cannot be used in any mod without the original creators permission.

:D

is that wat that was... i thought i read somewhere on here that there was a model in game for a malek and bioware scrapped it for malak
 Achilles
02-05-2005, 11:05 PM
Darthben,

:D Thanks for clearing that up. I think that mod was a little before my time :D
 Darth Smaug
02-06-2005, 1:48 AM
do you have pics of this err...Malek??

:saberg: :saberr:
 Darkkender
02-06-2005, 6:47 AM
Originally posted by Achilles
Thanks for clearing that up. I think that mod was a little before my time :D

You sure it wasn't from around your heyday.:D I'm pretty certain a certain Recruit Merrik uses the same Malek Body Model that was used in the sith Armada.:p

Also PartyLizardJedi had a couple of after ending area mods that dealt with Darth Malak/& Malek however he no longer has them on his site due to data corruption and a loss of the files.
 Achilles
02-06-2005, 8:46 AM
Originally posted by Darkkender
You sure it wasn't from around your heyday.:D I'm pretty certain a certain Recruit Merrik uses the same Malek Body Model that was used in the sith Armada.:p I used the Jedi Malak model provided by Bioware (seen in the mysterious tomb cutscene on Dantooine). I reskinned him myself to give him more of a "Jedi" look.

If this is the same model that was used in the Sith Armada, then the creator used the same model that I did :)
 Darkkender
02-06-2005, 9:50 AM
I used the Jedi Malak model provided by Bioware (seen in the mysterious tomb cutscene on Dantooine). I reskinned him myself to give him more of a "Jedi" look.

If this is the same model that was used in the Sith Armada, then the creator used the same model that I did :)

They did this was one of my early discoveries when I was trying to make all the recruit mods compatible. Because the TGA's conflicted all the time when I used KMM.
 RedHawke
02-06-2005, 4:33 PM
Originally posted by thijskerulescit
do you have pics of this err...Malek??

:saberg: :saberr:
No offence here thijskerulescit, but what is it with you and pics? :confused:

Go to PCGameMods.com look at the different mods, if they have pics then you are good to go. :eyeraise:
I used the Jedi Malak model provided by Bioware (seen in the mysterious tomb cutscene on Dantooine). I reskinned him myself to give him more of a "Jedi" look.

The Jedi Malak Model is exactly what Straker used. :D
 FunSolo
02-07-2005, 1:08 AM
btw. the 'malek' is not that good. some anymations are missing. like for force powers and the only anymation for fightin is the regular one, so no powerattack animation and so on. thats why i never used it:rolleyes:
 RedHawke
02-07-2005, 1:36 AM
Originally posted by FunSolo
btw. the 'malek' is not that good. some anymations are missing. like for force powers and the only anymation for fightin is the regular one, so no powerattack animation and so on. thats why i never used it:rolleyes:
:roleyess: Well... that would be because it is an incomplete cutscene model and uses Malak's animations, which aren't all that complete either. ;)
 Darth Smaug
02-08-2005, 8:31 AM
No offence here thijskerulescit, but what is it with you and pics? :confused:

Go to PCGameMods.com look at the different mods, if they have pics then you are good to go. :eyeraise:

The Jedi Malak Model is exactly what Straker used. :D

sorry but i just like to see what i'm dlding...
 FunSolo
02-08-2005, 9:04 AM
:roleyess: Well... that would be because it is an incomplete cutscene model and uses Malak's animations, which aren't all that complete either. ;)

i know, and i appreciate the work behind all that. but i think it would be better to use malaks ingame model and retexture him... but anyway, i think with TSLґs release soon there will be probably better mods out there. or redone mods from kotor 1. .oO( my hope belongs to all of u guys bout that, cause i love your work *slippin around on his slime* *lol* :D )
 Achilles
02-08-2005, 9:59 AM
Originally posted by thijskerulescit
sorry but i just like to see what i'm dlding... That only holds water if there is something to look at (such as armor or reskins). Generally, you want to see stats for items. As for a workbench...well, not sure what you're hoping to gleen that Redhawke didn't already provide.

Asking questions for the sake of asking questions is a little bit odd.
 Darth Smaug
02-08-2005, 10:25 AM
what??:confused: srry but if i want to see a pic of a NPC or a recruit i just ask it and when i ask you all have problems with it ....
 FunSolo
02-08-2005, 10:30 AM
cause many mods (like this one) got a lotta screenies at pcgamemods.com, so why askin if u can get the infos for yourself? thats the 'annoying' part of your question.
 RedHawke
02-08-2005, 7:42 PM
^^^^
*Nods head in agreement with FunSolo*

FunSolo, about the Jedi Malak model, it looks far different than the Sith Darth Malak model, that is why people used it in the past, even though it is incomplete.

The NPC looking cool took precidence.
That only holds water if there is something to look at (such as armor or reskins). Generally, you want to see stats for items. As for a workbench...well, not sure what you're hoping to gleen that Redhawke didn't already provide.
I heartily agree! :D
Asking questions for the sake of asking questions is a little bit odd.
Actually, it looks like he's just going for +1 posts to me with all these questions.
 Darth333
02-08-2005, 8:14 PM
I think this topic has been overly discussed and has become more than redundant. If someone does not rememebr what Jedi Malak looks like,just get tk102's KSE (http://www.pcgamemods.com/9170) and change your appearance to Unique_Malek_Jedi or watch the movie 09.bik located in the movie folder.

:lock: :lock: :lock:
Page: 1 of 1