Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Recruit Rojem A'Sai Mod Released

Page: 1 of 1
 deathdisco
01-30-2005, 4:34 PM
From the readme:

------------------------
Recruit Rojem A'Sai v1.1
------------------------
This is a recruit mod that replaces T3M4. After you recruit Rojem,
you take him as your apprentice and teach him the ways of the force.

------------
Installation
------------
Extract all the files in the override folder to your 'Override' directory.
All source scripts are included in the nss folder.

------
How-to
------
Install the mod before you visit Tatooine. On Tatooine when you encounter
the three Dark Jedi that attack you, Rojem will see this and join in the fight
along side you. After you kill the Dark Jedi talk to Rojem to recruit him.
Rojem is a level 6 scout, do not level him up yet. Once in your party immediately
talk to Rojem to train (multi-class) him. You can choose any of the three Jedi classes.
Now you can level him up.

NOTE: Do not try to check his force powers until you level him
up or you will crash your game.

-----
Notes
-----
To uninstall simply delete all the files extracted to your
Override directory.

---------------
Version History
---------------
v1.0 Initial Release.
v1.1 Fixed bug that spawned Rojem on Kashyyyk.

Thanks to:
All the modders that have released their source code.
TK102 and Darth333 for their script examples posted in the Holowan
Laboritories forum.
Fred_Tetra for his amazing KoToR_TooL

Holowan Lab Forum:
http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=324)

Link http://www.angelfire.com/80s/deathdisco/rojem.htm)
 T7nowhere
01-30-2005, 4:57 PM
It sounds cool.
 Darth_ToMeR
01-31-2005, 4:15 AM
Nice.
 PrtyLizardJedi
02-01-2005, 6:56 AM
Good mod, keep it up! :)
 deathdisco
02-01-2005, 6:59 PM
New version is up (see initial post). Fixed a bug that caused Rojem to be spawned on Kashyyyk. Thanks to original-hobbes for finding it. :)

FYI: Dark Jedi on Kashyyyk and Tatooine use the same tags and dialog:mad:
 Mav
02-01-2005, 7:53 PM
sounds pretty neat, sort of like a master apprentice thing, sweet.

Off-Topic: :balloons: Yaaaayyyy 1000th post :balloons:
 Liverandbacon
02-04-2005, 2:19 PM
Sounds Cool.
 MudRat_02
02-05-2005, 2:33 PM
Awesome mod deathdisco! In my opinion probably the best mod i have ever used. I was thinking of doing a mod similar, where do i start?
 deathdisco
02-05-2005, 3:39 PM
Check the stickies. They contain a lot of information/tutorials on modding. Especially Darth333's How to recruit an npc in less than 10 steps (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=131944)
 Quatra
05-30-2006, 3:43 PM
I found one problem in your mod. When i am in the Droid shop on Tatooine and i talk to HK-47 before purshasing him, Rojem talked like T3-M4. Rojem did the same thing when i talked to Tanis in the Sand Dunes. I am not sure if it can be fix. I find it funny. think about it, a human that say beep op beep po beep!
 Darkkender
05-30-2006, 4:49 PM
I found one problem in your mod. When i am in the Droid shop on Tatooine and i talk to HK-47 before purshasing him, Rojem talked like T3-M4. Rojem did the same thing when i talked to Tanis in the Sand Dunes. I am not sure if it can be fix. I find it funny. think about it, a human that say beep op beep po beep!

This is because in order to create new recruits without making changes to entire modules you have to use the original tags for the NPC that your replacing in K1. This means that when a NPC has a Banter script that the voice Banter Dialogues end up getting interjected in these conversations. This is a known factor of recruit modding not a bug or glitch. There are ways around it however the amount of effort that has to be put into it are usually why people don't make many recruit mods.
 EnderWiggin
05-30-2006, 4:59 PM

Plus, when this mod was created (a year and a half ago) the modding world was much different. I can't remember any mods that used voices, except for ROTS by Gsccc. Almost all of the recruit mods used the existing party member's sounds.

_EW_
 RedHawke
05-31-2006, 1:56 AM
Wow, and oldie! :D Moving to T.U.C.E...
Page: 1 of 1