Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

problems with misc_weapon_shooter and misc_turretG2

Page: 1 of 1
 d_eisenga
01-29-2005, 12:05 AM
I've tried everything i could think of, but they just won't appear on my maps. with misc_turretG2, the console reports that its not a spawn function, but with misc_weapon_shooter i get no message at all.

I've looked around a bit and haven't found an answer to my problem. So if anyone could help, it would be much appreciated.

PS, i have gotten the ordinary misc_turret to work, but that's not the one I need.
 d_eisenga
02-01-2005, 11:59 AM
hm, this post is only part bump... the other half is yet another question.

if I want to affect the player character in a script, it should be affect ( "player", FLUSH ), shouldnt it? I'm trying to set the force power levels. It doesnt have any effect however. the rest of the script does work. The script is run at the start of the level, but the entire force meter is gone and there are no force powers in the datapad thing, as if the force is completely removed for the player.

I am completely lost. Can anyone help me?
 d_eisenga
02-12-2005, 10:51 AM
i was on my way to bump this post(surely somebody knows the answer) but i thought of anpther question to ask.

how can i use a script to move an NPC while this NPC is using a specific animation? i made a script that makes the NPC use one of the knockback animations but he just stays in place while the animation plays. the only way i know of moving an NPC is with SET_NAVGOAL, but that just makes him walk.

I've tried the move commands and setting X and Y velocity but nothing works. can anyone help me with these questions?
 razorace
02-12-2005, 12:58 PM
You need to set the ICARUS scripting to set the animation and then the animation timers so that the animation holds that way for a while.
 d_eisenga
02-13-2005, 12:24 AM
well, this is what i have:

set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_ANIM_BOTH", /*@ANIM_NAMES*/ "BOTH_KNOCKDOWN2" );
set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_ANIM_HOLDTIME_BOTH", -1 );
wait ( 2000.000 );
set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_ANIM_BOTH", /*@ANIM_NAMES*/ "BOTH_GETUP_BROLL_B" );

during the knockdown animation, his position in the room remains the same, he just looks like he's flying backwards. then he lies on the floor for a whil and gets up. during the 'get up' animation, he does move backwards.
 razorace
02-13-2005, 12:40 PM
The roll animation is associated with movement while the knockdown is not. Is that a problem?
 d_eisenga
02-14-2005, 12:43 AM
yes, actually. I want the character to actually fly backwards at speed, like he would if he was pushed kicked.
 razorace
02-14-2005, 8:10 AM
hmm, you might be able to tell him to move backwards while the knockdown animation is playing.
 d_eisenga
02-14-2005, 12:39 PM
i already tried set_forwardmove -127, if thats what you mean.
 razorace
02-14-2005, 1:14 PM
hmmm, I don't know then. Sorry.
Page: 1 of 1