Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

KOTOR Music

Page: 1 of 1
 thebighirt
01-28-2005, 10:35 PM
Uhhh, don't know if this is supposed to go here, but don't really see any other place for it... well, here it goes.
Does anyone know of any kind of technical way to get the music from KOTOR I on a CD or something? (basically ripping the music files) Has a mod been made for this? Does anyone know of a website where you can download the KOTOR soundtrack? Thanks.
 Darth333
01-28-2005, 10:40 PM
check this thread: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=143421)

concerning download links, they cannot be posted on this forum as per our forum rules.
 thebighirt
01-29-2005, 4:14 PM
Thanks, I now know how to play Music files!
But, how would you could you make them playable on a CD (like a blank one you could burn and put in a CD player like a soundtrack)? I tried decompressing the files and then converting them to MP3 format using Itunes, but it didn't work.
 ChAiNz.2da
01-30-2005, 1:53 AM
Originally posted by thebighirt
Thanks, I now know how to play Music files!
But, how would you could you make them playable on a CD (like a blank one you could burn and put in a CD player like a soundtrack)? I tried decompressing the files and then converting them to MP3 format using Itunes, but it didn't work.
What format are the 'native' decompressed files? (.wav, .aiff, etc.) If you can choose, try to make them .wav. If that's not an option, mp3's should work...

In iTunes, create a custom playlist and drop your files into it. In iTunes, goto Edit > Preferences > Importing.

In the Import Using drop-down, choose AIFF encoder, under Setting: keep it at Automatic. You can use native .wav files, but me working on a mac most of the time iTunes is one of our 'regular' soundtrack tools, you're going to get better results using AIFF (trust me)...

Now click the "Burning" tab, Make sure you have either Audio CD or MP3 CD clicked (depending on what your player can read). the Gap and Sound Check options are your preferences but have no dire affect upon the burn. Though Sound Check is nice to regulate the volume of each track so it's more balanced...

Click OK

Now go back to your custom playlist and highlight all of the tracks and click the "Advaced" tab, 3 choices down you'll see Convert selection to AIFF. Click it and wait for the machine to do it's thing. Remember what directory these converted files are going to. You can specify a directory in Edit > Preferences > Advanced, but this directory is also where iTunes looks for new music. If you add new music to your machine in a different directory iTunes won't automatically add it to your Library.

Once it's done, delete the tracks in your custom playlist, but not the playlist itself. Find your converted AIFF files and drop those files into your custom playlist. (or just make a new playlist specifically for your aiff's)...

Insert Blank CD, highlight the playlist (the left column, not the actual tracks) and click the Burn Disc circle to your top right. You'll get the "radioactive" icon. Click the icon again and it will start the burning process...It's important that when highlighting your playlist that a single track (to the right) is NOT highlighted. Click on an empty area to make sure nothing is selected. Otherwise you'll get a single track CD...

Hope that helps!
Page: 1 of 1