Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

about new levels, is it legal?

Page: 1 of 1
 darco
01-28-2005, 1:17 PM
i was reading the game manuel at the back, where the warranty stuff is, and it seems that custom levels are illegal. did i read it wrong and not understand it?
 tk102
01-28-2005, 1:28 PM
Hello darco, welcome to the forums.

I believe you read the EULA correctly.

I'll refer you to this (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=130740) thread where the topic was once discussed.

The upshot of it was that mods made here are tolerated since they are not marketed as expansion packs or sold. Besides the EULA, we have never heard an official word on the matter except insofar that Bioware will not let modding be discussed and Obsidian does. :rolleyes:

No one to my knowledge has been contacted by LucasArts, Bioware, or Obsidian with a cease and desist order. (Let's hope it stays that way.)
 darco
01-28-2005, 1:42 PM
k, thats wat i thought. thanks
 Mono_Giganto
01-28-2005, 2:15 PM
Originally posted by tk102
No one to my knowledge has been contacted by LucasArts, Bioware, or Obsidian with a cease and desist order. (Let's hope it stays that way.)

... ::Mono shifts uncomfortably:: ...

:D

Anyways... tk, are you saying that Obsidian may actually provide us some support with modding or did I misread your post?
 tk102
01-28-2005, 2:22 PM
No, all I'm saying is that they allow the discussion of mods in their forums. If you call that support, well then I guess they support us. :xp:
 Darth333
01-28-2005, 2:24 PM
Maybe not "support" but they do not discourage mod discussion :) - edit: *tk102 beats me* -

And they know we exist...I'm pretty sure everyone who was here last year remembers this (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=125794)
 tk102
01-28-2005, 2:26 PM
Yeah what a newbie, didn't he read the rules against advertising on these forums.

Just kidding Feargus.
We worship you.
Please come back.
It was a joke. :doh:
 Achilles
01-28-2005, 2:30 PM
Yeah what a newbie, didn't he read the rules against advertising on these forums. :LOL: Nice! Pretty sure there are a few of us that would be in deep poodoo if Bioware ever decided to crack down on mods...ahem.

BTW tk, congrats on your Moderator status and props on your Tesla avatar. Very classy.

tk102 says: Thanks Achilles. Hope you can see the light at the end of the tunnel regarding your Master's.
 Darkkender
01-28-2005, 2:34 PM
Yeah what a newbie, didn't he read the rules against advertising on these forums.

Just kidding Feargus.
We worship you.
Please come back.
It was a joke. :doh:

Did we have those rules then.:p

But I'm sure we all know why he won't frequent us here again is probably due to confidentiality agreements.:(
Page: 1 of 1