Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

KotOR II Influence Guide

Page: 1 of 1
 Mono_Giganto
01-27-2005, 11:07 AM
I've seen a lot of people ask for influence help, so I'll try to help out with what I know about the more difficult characters. Feel free to add to this list if I miss any, and I know I will. Note this may contain minor poilers, so read at your own risk.

Influence

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HK-47

Benefits: Stat bonuses, and some hilarious dialogues, just as good as the "Dictionary" dialogue in the first KotOR.

General:

Generally killing innocents or causing violence pleases HK, so this may be difficult for light siders.

Ebon Hawk:

After getting HK, speak with him about the Mandalorian Wars, and pick the dark side answer, I can't remember it perfectly.

Dxun/Onderon:

Set off the permacrete detonator to kill Kumus.
When you're stopped by a soldier on the way to the market, Force Persuade him to leave you alone, then reply to HK. This is about the only INF with HK without darkside points. (Say "It's a city HK. Otherwise...")
Side with Ponlar in the riot.
When attacked in the cantina by Tobin, reply to HK's grenade suggestion with "Yes, kill 'em all."

Dantooine:

In the Sublevel, ask Jorran about the modulator, and kill him when he trys to run.

G0-T0

Benifits: Not much other than a somewhat-cool story.

Onderon:

Reset 1B-8D in the market square.
Side with the royalists in the riot. G0-T0 believes the riot wil destablize the market, and supports the royalists.

*Once you get these two, inquire about his base of operations, then choose the correct options to gain more influence.

Mandalore

Benefits: None that I've found, other than being affected more by your alignment.

Onderon:

Talk to Anda, then agree with Mandalore that Vaklu is a better leader. This won't earn you darkside points, so light siders can lie to Mandalore about Vaklu if they want.

Bao-Dur

Benefits: Bao-Dur can become a Jedi Guardian with enough INF.

Thanks to Darth333 for the following:

Telos:

Just be nice to him in any conversations you may have with him here, such as in the academy, tell him that it wasn't his fault he was knocked out.

Nar Shadaa:

The citizen that is being beaten up by 2 thugs near the docks quarter entrance. Tell the thugs you wont let them hurt him and let go the citizen.

The airspeeder in the refugee quarters: let Bao Dur repair it and compliment him

Heal the sick man in the Refugee quarter

Dantooine:

Bring him in the crystal caves when you discover the athmospheric sensors and let him examine them and compliment him

Tell the Sullustan merchant that you wont turn him in

Onderon/Dxun:

Help Kumus return to the camp.

Give an open visa to the republic spy in the Cantina

Kreia

Benefits: Lots of experience points, a cutscene (Minimum Intelligence/Wisdom 14 I believe), skill bonuses, force points, and stories about Revan.

General: Kreia is not a dark side character, whatever you may believe. She may be manipulative, but she isn't manipulative solely for her own goals. To gain influence with Kreia, manipulate events, for better or worse, for the best results. When she teaches you something, tell her you wil consider what she has said. Kreia despises brutality and um, what's it called where you go around helping every last person?

Kreia's INF is obtained mainly in the Ebon Hawk. Talk to her and choose manipulative obtions, such as following Visas' bond to the source, to score INF.

Harbinger:

When you get the message about INF after entering the Harbinger, say to Kreia, "Forgive me, I was distracted." For easy INF.

Nar Shadaa:

Convince Geriel to kill himself to save the refugees. Kreia will admire your manipulation, tell you about the echo it created, and how in the long run, it was the smarter choice that would save more lives or something like that.

Korriban:

This works only if you told Atton that Revan defeated Malak to save the Republic. (IE Revan was LS) When Kreia tells you about Revan redeeming Ajunta Pall, say "You sound like you don't approve." Followed by "No one is beyond redemption Kreia." For some INF.

Mira

Benefits: Mira can become a Jedi Sentinel with enough INF.

General: There is no need for "In the Field" INF with Mira, you can get it all on the Ebon Hawk. In fact, you can recruit Mira and convert her to a Jedi without leaving Nar Shadaa. You should have a decent awareness, and all there is to it is to talk to her about different subjects.

Disciple & Hanharr

Benefits: Disciple can become a Jedi Consular. Hanharr can be broken into your service, giving him +2 STR and -2 INT. (Nifty bug for aroud 40 STR and 250-something INT here as well)

General: I put these two together because, like Mira, they can get all the INF you need immediately.

Speak to Hanharr with respect about his homeland but be assertive, and make it clear that YOU are in command.

Talk to Disciple, I can't remember what options to pick exactly, but they're insanely obvious, so you can figure them out on your own. After gaining enough INF, tell him he looks familiar and he will become a Jedi Consular. (This is possible without even leaving the ROOM you recruit him in.)

I'll add more later on. Feel free to add more yourself/PM me.
 Darth333
01-27-2005, 11:17 AM
Looks good Mono, if you keep this thread updated, I'll stick it :)

BTW, feel free to copy/paste change what I wrote concerning Bao-Dur in this thread: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=142253)

Would be good to indicate the losses of influence too. If you loose a lot of influence on an NPC, you'll get the same results as gaining influence but the npc's alignment will be opposite to yours (it's practical to have a Jedi with opposite alignment to use some force powers at "low cost" :D )
 Mono_Giganto
01-27-2005, 11:33 AM
Good point, I never thought of that. I'll have to add some losses as well, but I'll have to finish up my game now before I can do that. These are mainly ones I thought were difficult and good to start with.
 Bubbles
02-12-2005, 12:12 PM
When you enter the Cantina for the first time on Citadel, talk to Kreia. It doesn't matter what you say to her as long as you tell her that she's disposable. Influence +! It doesn't make sense to me, but meh. DSP added for saying this as well.
 Darth333
02-12-2005, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Bubbles
When you enter the Cantina for the first time on Citadel, talk to Kreia. It doesn't matter what you say to her as long as you tell her that she's disposable. Influence +! It doesn't make sense to me, but meh. DSP added for saying this as well.
In fact this does not happen at a particular location but when your PC reaches a certain alignment either DS or LS.
 Bubbles
02-12-2005, 12:26 PM
Well then, I'm a dummy. :jawa

Happened as soon as I entered the cantina for both my light and dark characters. Thanks for clarifying.
 Drazin
02-12-2005, 12:29 PM
Nah, But I do really like your Signature message.
 Bubbles
02-13-2005, 8:40 AM
Any suggestions for getting Bao-Dur influence as a DS character? My evil consular chick needs some horny muscle.

... you are the prevert.
 Drazin
02-13-2005, 8:43 AM
You will probably need to take a couple Lightside point hits to gain influence with him enough to turn him to a Jedi. Just be nice to him, don't choose any options that are typical for a darkside response. And let him see you do a good deed or two. Like helping Akkere on Dantooine with money problems, or letting him repair the speeder on Nar Shadaa.
 Mono_Giganto
02-13-2005, 1:51 PM
Try using the "Kreia Effect." All yuo need to do is have Kreia and Bao-Dur in your party. Do something evil, and Bao-Dur will act as if he disapproves, then Kreia says something, and instead of losing influence with Bao-Dur, you should gain it.
 nas77
03-02-2005, 9:42 AM
Originally posted by Mono_Giganto
Try using the "Kreia Effect." All yuo need to do is have Kreia and Bao-Dur in your party. Do something evil, and Bao-Dur will act as if he disapproves, then Kreia says something, and instead of losing influence with Bao-Dur, you should gain it.

I've heard about this but I've never actually gotten it to work before; Bao-Dur has a rant and Kreia keeps shtum. What is it exactly that Kreia is meant to say? Also is it supposed to work on Handmaiden or Disciple as well?
 Mono_Giganto
03-02-2005, 2:46 PM
Naturally it won't work every time, but there should be a couple of points in the game where you do something bad, Bao-Dur sounds like he disapproves, and then Kreia sounds like she disapproves as well. You ask Kreia what she would have done, and then agree that her idea is the best course of action, and then you gain INF with both and lose INF with Kreia. Doesn't happen all the time.

One time it happened with me with Atton that I can remember was on Telow, when I broke into the apartment and that guy yelled at me for stealing his stuff. I got this effect when I killed the guy.
 starmark2k
03-07-2005, 12:26 PM
I know most people know this but handmaiden you gain influance by dueling with her on the ebon hawk and after speaking to vrook in the crystal cave when you leave the mercs are waiting for you and if you fight them you gain INF for that.

Also is there an influance meter somewhere because i was told there was but i can't find it.
 nas77
03-08-2005, 10:32 AM
^^ I don't think there is one; if there is I haven't found one. I just thought their alignment relative to yours was the measure of influence.
 mxsuprastang
03-13-2005, 9:37 PM
How exactly do you get Bao-Dur to become a Jedi? I've got Atton and Handmaiden is in the process....
 Prime
03-13-2005, 11:31 PM
How do you get the Handmaiden to get actual Jedi levels? I've dueled her three times and won. Then I talked to her and she said that she wants to learn more from me, etc. Finally she says she needs time to think about things and then the PC says that we'll talk later.

After that, she continues to be a soldier and has no more dialog options and says there is nothing more she can teach me. I think I have enough influence (KSE says influence is 100).

What am I missing? I'd like to have her become a Jedi the next time I play...
 Prime
03-13-2005, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by mxsuprastang
How exactly do you get Bao-Dur to become a Jedi? I've got Atton and Handmaiden is in the process.... I only got him to be a Jedi very late in the game. At some point when you re-enter the Ebon Hawk he comes to you and talks about nightmares. Talking to him again leads to the path of him becoming a Jedi...
 lukeiamyourdad
03-14-2005, 8:30 AM
For Handmaiden, you have to talk to Kreia about her mother.
Go back to her. Ask her to put some cloathes on(she then puts her mother's Jedi Robe).
Ask her about her mother being a Jedi.

Ask her about teaching her something more.
 RebelScum!
03-14-2005, 1:41 PM
I really need help with getting the handmadien to become a jedi.

^Nice try but not much help
 lukeiamyourdad
03-14-2005, 3:33 PM
You need to get enough influence with her too.

I don't think anyone can help you more. Unless, they have to show exactly what dialogue option to choose.

And don't get a lot of influence with Visas or else Handmaiden might not become a Jedi.

Or you can find out by yourself.
 master jedi101
04-02-2005, 12:40 AM
I have yet to find a guide to help me with the hand maiden.
I think we all agree that we need a detailed guide on the HM.
 FiEND_138
04-02-2005, 12:57 AM
Handmaiden:

Win the 3 duels. -INF gain per won duel.-
Ask her why she looks different than the sisters.
Follow the dialog tree.
Talk to Kreia.
Follow dialog tree.
Ask Handmaiden to train you more in fighting.
She should say 'there's nothing left to show you' (if you've finished the 3 duels).
Offer to show her some things.
Say 'I want to talk to you about your mother'.
Follow dialog tree.
Should equal Jedi levels.
 master jedi101
04-02-2005, 6:14 PM
Hey fiend i don`t suppose you have a atton inf guide.
just checking, or does any one else have one?

What does follow dialog tree mean?
 FiEND_138
04-02-2005, 7:23 PM
Atton:

If memory serves INF can be gained through either light or dark actions.
Can be gained where ever INF is lost/gained with your other party members. Ex; Bao Dur.
Telos academy, after being freed talk to one of the sisters & ask where are my friends?
After her answer, ask if they're prisoners? & she'll give you some info about Atton.
Later ask him about his echani training & respond with I thought it could be an asset. -INF gain- ( If DS, beware a LS hit here.)

Also on Nar Shadda at the air speeder when he offers to unlock the security let him & respond with 'I'll let the expert handle this.' -INF gain-
After touching your parties mind with Kreias help, ask Atton 'why he plays pazaak in his head'
Follow dialog tree.
Pick the option to apologize. -INF gain-

For jedi levels.
Nar Shadda refuge camp your approached by a pair of twillecks. Listen to what they have to say.
Ask Atton about the info they give you.
Follow dialog tree.
If INF is high enough, should open jedi levels.

What does follow dialog tree mean?
Follow the conversation. ;)
 master jedi101
04-02-2005, 8:43 PM
THANKS MAN YOUR INFO WAS GREAT!!!
 The Distorted
04-16-2005, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Mono_Giganto
Naturally it won't work every time, but there should be a couple of points in the game where you do something bad, Bao-Dur sounds like he disapproves, and then Kreia sounds like she disapproves as well. You ask Kreia what she would have done, and then agree that her idea is the best course of action, and then you gain INF with both and lose INF with Kreia. Doesn't happen all the time.

One time it happened with me with Atton that I can remember was on Telow, when I broke into the apartment and that guy yelled at me for stealing his stuff. I got this effect when I killed the guy.

I had that work on the Kumus (Missing Mandalorian) quest when I used the detonator to kill Kumus - Bao-Dur kind of reacts the way that Atton does (without Kreia around) when you randonmly kill someone (something about how he acts when you act/kills when you do, etc.)

E.g. "I don't know what came over me!" or something similar.
 The_Maker
04-18-2005, 9:39 PM
I hope this is allowed but there is another way you can gain INF with Kreia,
On Datoonie after you find the 3 dead mercs in the enclave and you go to the cave where the mercs have Vrook held captive you should follow these dialogue options...

"That Jedi belongs in his cage"

"That force field wont hold him, hes an elite master" (or something close to that)

"Let me make some adjustments so he'll have a harder time getting out" (or something like that)

The merc captain will then give you some credits and warn you to NEVER come back or tell anyone about their operations or ELSE. After that Kreia will automatically talk to you about the "echo" of what you did will travel great distancs through the force etc. I think that gains INF with her, but I cannot remeber if you gain DS points or not. (I imagine you would because, after all you ARE after all aiding in securing a Jedi :rolleyes: )
 Achilles
04-20-2005, 10:14 PM
I don't know if anyone has done any digging around in the .dlg files, but I thought it worth sharing that there are two different "styles" of influence options. (I use the word "styles" because I can't think of a better word to describe it right now).

The first is "hard coded" into the dlg and will only affect certain members of your party. For example the dlg with Tarn (mechanic on Dantooine) is hard coded so that you can gain INF with either Kreia or Atton by following the Awareness/Persuade options when speaking to him.

The other "style" is more global. In fact the script name is a_gbl_dreact. This global style is fired based on the results of a dialog and with affect INF in different ways depending on who's in your party. For instance if you Opo Chano you will gain INF with Atton, but lose INF with Kreia. Same result if you had HK-47 and Disciple in your party instead. The INF triggers are not tied to specific NPCs in the dlg.

I have recently used a few of Tk102's tools to pull out and document each of the games INF options. I'm just about finished with my project. All the planet-specific dialogs have been sifted through, but about half of the party NPC specific dialogs remain. After I'm finished with that I'll probably copy/paste together a LS/DS Dialog Walkthrough.

If anyone is interested in seeing the planet-specific options, let me know and I'll post it up.

Thanks for reading.
 Maxstate
07-09-2005, 7:32 AM
Most people dont like Kreia and even though she's a collection of code i feel a certain respect for her character.

So can anyone please tell me what happens in the end and/or why the jedi masters said i dont have a connection to the force and that they cant feel it ?
Furthest ive come is land on malachor and then my pc crashed (completely) and im playing it again now.

To stay on topic i have a question about when you save the commoner on nar shaddaa with Kreia by your side, what choices do you have to make to gain influence with her?
 Achilles
07-09-2005, 12:48 PM
I don't want to ruin the game for you so I will not address any of your storyline questions even though you asked. Meanie, aren't I? :D

As for the influence question, I'm assuming that you're referring to the commoner outside Tienn's shop. If so, and if I recall correctly, there is no opportunity to gain INF. It's been a while since I dug around in that .dlg but I'm pretty sure my recollection is sound on that.

Your best bet is to finagle no shift in INF.
 Mono_Giganto
07-09-2005, 2:04 PM
If you mean the guy who asks you for 5 credits just once (There are two guys there.) Just do whatever you want, and when she tells you that you're wrong and stupid, ask what she would've done, and then say you'll take it into consideration.
 Maxstate
07-09-2005, 2:12 PM
It was achilles' situation, too bad i tried countless' of combinations and none worked...
 The_Maker
07-09-2005, 3:55 PM
Another INF gainer wih Kreia is when you are in the Jedi Enclave... a you come across the room with Jorran, lie to him and tell him you killed the laigreks. he will then get pwnd by 1 or 2 laigreks and Kreia will then speak to you about the echo that you created.

You will get:
Lightsaber parts (or a lightsaber if you have already built yours)
Dark Side Points
+Influence With Kreia

:D
 Dark/light
09-25-2005, 12:38 PM
Here the spoliers to the storyline questions. Hopefully, i did the spoilers right...

The jedis say you lost your connection to the force because of the death of thousand of jedis and you don't want to bear their dying screams inside of you so you made a choice to cut yourself off of the force. For that and thinking you are the death to the force, the jedi tried to cut off your reconnection to the force until kreia came and kill them.

Back to topic, I remember there another easy inf when you traveled to korriban and kreia say she should stay in the ship and only reply with," Ok then, secure the ship" Or something like that and you should get inf with her after and some lightside points(if darksider choose," I don't want your company anyway." then you get darkside but lost inf with her.
 JediKnight707
10-02-2005, 8:31 PM
Here is some Influence stuff

T3-M4 (all INF+ are LS points)
-------------------------------
(Ebon Hawk) Computer Skill must be 10 or higher
choose [Computer] "You're deliberatly avoiding answering" which leads to: "I just want to make sure your alright" INF+

On Telos before you leave the Academy:
"It wasn't your fault they took the ship, T3"
or
"Look, I'm just glad I found you"

Ask how the Ebon Hawk is:
"Good job, glad to hear it"
or
"T3, I really appreciate your help"

After you speak to Atton and learn that T3 is responsible for the astrogen system:
"No, I'm not planning to leave you behind, but it happens"

Atton
-----------------------------
All killing of innocents are INF+ as long as you tell him it was the right thing to do

Bao-Dur
------------------------------
Killing innocents will be INF- regardless of what you say

Mira
------------------------------
(Personal Experience) When I got Mira, I got all of the INF+ from inside the Ebon Hawk

If Mira was tempted on Dxun (in the Sith Temple) and she fights (+suceeds) then say "You always had that strength, Mira" INF+

If you keep trying to learn about Mira's emotional backround she gets PO'ed at you and next time you talk to her say:
"I wanted to apologize" for INF+
or
"Still, I'm sorry you lost your family at Malachor" for INF+
Page: 1 of 1