Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Petition

Page: 1 of 1
 MAGarrett
01-27-2005, 8:15 AM
http://www.petitiononline.com/Grim2/petition.html)
If you haven't already, sign it now, it's the petition for making Grim Fandango 2, it has over 2k signatures now:manny:
 Sallim
01-27-2005, 10:53 AM
Link was dead fopr me..ok now it works ;)

Anyway, I dont think there will be GF2 , but I would love to see a new GrimFandango ...

Welcome to the forums ;)
 Metallus
01-27-2005, 11:46 PM
Earlier this week I was tempted to start 2 petitions at the same time: One for LucasArts to make a Grim Fandango 2 and one for LucasArts to NEVER make a GF2 to see which one got more submissions. I then had a sandwitch and forgot all about that. GF2 shouldn't happen if it were to going be made by LucasArts. They don't have the Tims or the Brets or the Peters (Chan and McConnell) to do the job right. Not that it would happen though.

Facts is facts, though: GF1 was a commercial dud despite being the best game ever. Last year LucasArts cancelled a very promising title, Sam and Max 2 very late in development, (and also not-so-promising but still decently hyped title, Full Throttle 2 a few months earlier) because they don't think they could sell copies. I'm inclined to agree that they couldn't market them well enough at that time, no matter how good the games would have been. GF2 seems less likely now than it ever did, sadly.

Sorry, after a few years of petitions like this, I'm a bit cranky and my opinion is that you should leave GF2 ideas to fan fiction writers, heh.
 El Virus
01-28-2005, 12:14 PM
It's nothing against you, but I'm afraid I won't sign, I don't think a GF2 will be a good idea. And anyway, even if they get 1,000,000 sigs, I doubt they will make it, it's all about comercial interests.
However, I will give it a thought, maybe I'll end up signing.
Welcome, by the way.
 VampireNaomi
01-28-2005, 10:36 PM
I think I signed that a long time ago. Ah, how naive and optimistic I was back then. :)

These forums have cured me of that, though.
 James Isaac
01-29-2005, 2:31 AM
Yeah, it's been discussed a lot, and a lot of people would not want a Grim Fandango 2. I agree with Metallus - it would really need Tim Schafer for it to be good, and he doesn't work for LucasArts anymore.

Grim Fandango was great on it's own, and doesn't need a sequel. You should just wait for more really special games by the same people - and you might like them just as much. Maybe even Psychonauts :)
 MAGarrett
02-17-2005, 7:01 AM
I was thinking, after being on the verge of completing GF for the 18th time, why not a Grim Fandango gold? They left out heaps of stuff, why not make a new one, with better graphics, and put all the stuff in they left out? I'd buy it
 JofaGuht
02-17-2005, 12:06 PM
GF2? Don't you people see we've got more important problems going on here? We need Shenmue III, goddammit! Get your mind off an unneeded sequal to an already excellent and start thinking about the death of an unfinished story!

Now that I've gotten that out, let me say that Metallus and James are right. You will really dig Psychonauts, MAg. I'm tellin you that's all we'll need. Well, that and Shenmue III.
 MAGarrett
02-20-2005, 9:39 AM
Oh well, I'll settle for pyschonauts for now, I guess, since it IS made by them, on a side note to that, what the heck is psychonauts even about? I don't even know the genre of the game yet:p
 JofaGuht
02-20-2005, 6:38 PM
Originally posted by MAGarrett
Oh well, I'll settle for pyschonauts for now, I guess, since it IS made by them, on a side note to that, what the heck is psychonauts even about? I don't even know the genre of the game yet:p

You lucky little person you. Us people have had to wait three years for Psychonauts and you're only gonna have to wait two months. I'll let someone else, one a tad more articulate, fill you in on this game's genius.
 MAGarrett
02-21-2005, 6:45 AM
But no matter how good games get for me, and no matter how much people tell me not too, I'm still going to relentlessly cling to the small futile hope that one day, there will be a GF2. I'll just keep quiet about it from now on:hector: :manny: :meche:
 MAGarrett
02-21-2005, 12:52 PM
I have no idea how 3 posts happened instead of one, my bad
 Metallus
02-21-2005, 1:09 PM
Fixed :)
 N3mo
03-05-2005, 3:56 PM
Great idea the petition. Maybe a sequel won't be good, but another story in the same scenario should be great.
I'm Italian, i hope that my sign will be effective.
 Drochfhuaimniъ
03-05-2005, 5:51 PM
Agreed. While I think that it's almost certain a sequel involving the same characters (or, well, most of the same characters) wouldn't live up to Grim Fandango, I wouldn't mind a sequel involving some others.

I would've made a comment involving one of the characters, but it's been so long since I've played Grim Fandango that I'd probably mix things up and make a fool of myself.
 urluckyday
03-18-2005, 3:25 PM
I totally agree that if a new Grim Fandango came out, it wouldn't be as good just because it is nearly impossible to get even close to the quality of that game!
 urluckyday
03-18-2005, 3:27 PM
I forgot in my last post to say that also, even though they couldn't make as good of GF, I still think that Lucasarts still has some talent on the team good for making a good game like the new Sam and Max was gonna be before they cancelled it!!!
SHAME ON YOU LUCASARTS!! I LOVE YA' BUT I HATE YA!
 Metallus
03-18-2005, 3:48 PM
Originally posted by legowar
I still think that Lucasarts still has some talent on the team good for making a good game like the new Sam and Max was gonna be before they cancelled it!!!The Freelance Police team quit/were laid off. Most of them have gone on to form a new company, Telltale Games (http://www.telltalegames.com), and are deep in production of a game based around the Bone comic book series. So, sadly LucasArts has even less talent to work with, but it's not like they are going to make another adventure anyway, based on what they've been saying to the press about "market realities" regarding the genre.

I was lucky enough to see some stuff from Sam and Max 2 at Comic-Con 2003 (in San Diego), including a couple of new settings and characters that the public never saw. The newer stuff made me think that the game was really on the right track. It looked significantly better than the stuff (which actually looked pretty good anyway) that had been released to the public at that point in time. Makes me really sad thinking about it...

Anyway, you should check out Telltale Games and Bone!
 Expert Player
03-29-2005, 4:06 PM
I signed it, and IM BACK!!!

And also I think this may be a good time to add my acomplishments:
1. I added the first GF2 thread(to my knowledge) on this forum
2. I got the guy going on re-creating the GF website :D
 Dawidos
07-11-2005, 7:25 PM
How can you be sure that they won't do the sequel ? I have an answer. Money. The people from Lucasarts must see money in this project ;)
 kitmit13
08-19-2005, 12:00 PM
guys tim can still make gf2 just because he works for a new company
 Tuetonic708
08-22-2005, 3:11 AM
rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl olololloololollolololololololoolololololoololololo lmao lmao lmao lmao lma omao ml lmao LMFAO!!!! :ears1: On the petion thing (which i signed a month ago) a one comment on it that said "I liked a butt once" lolollololololololllo how random outrageuos peice of (beep) would be so funny!lololololollolololollo
 King Dando
08-22-2005, 5:19 AM
I added my name, even though I dunno if I want a sequel, although I think one won't be made anyway, I just put my name down in case I change my mind....but what if I don't!?
 SondrMan
08-30-2005, 2:07 AM
I signed it!
 Rei_Nokato
09-28-2005, 12:41 AM
I think I signed that a while ago. I was disappointed, though, to see the actual petition spells 'Grim Fandango' incorrectly. :( Such a pity.
 Necroman
09-29-2005, 8:15 PM
I signed it, but not for a sequel, I wouldn't want to see the same characters over and over again, I signed it for a GF2 with new characters new places and a new story (something completly different).
And...uh...I forgot...
 Viva Limones!
12-23-2005, 9:56 AM
I have to say... i dont really want to see a second one... Manny is off having adventures beyond the Number 9...

IF they do it i wana play as the short guy who gets the Walking cane... lol that way Manny can make an appearance but his story isnt changed... as a NPC (non player character it would be fun and interesting to see how they handeld walking allllllllllllllllllllllll the way....)

But im happy with GF staying a masterpeice... i say only make a sequel if there is more story to be told... and Grim Fandangos was told flawlessly... why ruin it?
Page: 1 of 1