Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Disabling Rapid Transit

Page: 1 of 1
 Hades_One
01-19-2005, 9:47 AM
How would I disable rapid transit for the enitre game?
 Darth333
01-19-2005, 9:59 AM
Are you sure you want to completely disable this system? I understand from your other post (http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=143076) that what reallly bugs you with that system is the automatic healing. (the rapid transit system can be a practical solution qhen bugs are encountered - stucked npcs, triggering xor's second encounter, problems with the sand people disguise)

Diabling the automatic healing is pretty easy. In k_sup_gohawk.nss, just remove the following lines:

void HealParty()
{
object oParty;
int nCnt = 0;
for(nCnt; nCnt < 3; nCnt++)
{
oParty = GetPartyMemberByIndex(nCnt);
if(GetIsObjectValid(oParty))
{
ApplyEffectToObject(DURATION_TYPE_INSTANT, EffectHeal(500), oParty);
ApplyEffectToObject(DURATION_TYPE_INSTANT, EffectHealForcePoints(500), oParty);
}
}
}

save and compile with k_inc_debug.nss and k_inc_utility.nss
 tk102
01-19-2005, 10:03 AM
On the other hand, if you really wanted to kill the whole of it, you could just do

void main () {
return;
} save it as k_sup_gohawk.nss, compile it and dump the .ncs into your override.The button "Transit Back to Ebon Hawk" will still be there, but it won't do anything.

Warning: this could have unforeseen side-effects. :p
 Darth333
01-19-2005, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by tk102
Warning: this could have unforeseen side-effects. :p lol! I didn't dare to post this solution without prior testing :p

Hehe if it has side effects, I won't be the one to blame...I have had enough with the Night of the Living Dead (http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=1737114#post1737114) thing this week :D
 tk102
01-19-2005, 10:11 AM
Ha ha ... Just giving him enough rope.... :p

Naw, Hades_One is a big boy. He can take care of himself. :)

Note: I did do a FindRefs on k_sup_gohawk and didn't find anything... but I don't have the STUNT modules to search, and I think they might actually call this script. So this could cause a freeze with the dreaded CutStart object.
 ChAiNz.2da
01-19-2005, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Darth333
(the rapid transit system can be a practical solution qhen bugs are encountered - stucked npcs, triggering xor's second encounter, problems with the sand people disguise)
I completely forgot about Xor! I guess I do use the RTS more than once. For some (me included), this is the only way to get Xor to show his face. Thanks for the heads up Darth333 :)
 Darth333
01-19-2005, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by ChAiNz.2da
I completely forgot about Xor! I guess I do use the RTS more than once. For some (me included), this is the only way to get Xor to show his face. Thanks for the heads up Darth333 :)
Not that I want to bring that thread off-topic (not that much off topic since it's also the k_sup_gohawk.nss file that is at fault) but I made a fix (http://mars.walagata.com/w/darth333/xor_fix.zip) for the xor quest sometime ago. This was another of tk102's finds that was posted in another thread that I just can't seem to be able to find. I never released it however as I did not tested it as much as I wanted to but it seems to work and xor now shows up when you exit the Ebon Hawk.
 Hades_One
01-19-2005, 10:44 AM
Well, thanks guys, and hmmm...

I will give both setups a try and see how the game plays. :)
 Hades_One
01-19-2005, 12:01 PM
I modified the Xor script that you provided and removed the Healparty aspects of it. Now when I played the game that I have going it simply wouldn't let me transit back. But when I started a new game on Taris it allowed the transit but no healing, which was the desired result. I am going to play out Taris again to get to Dantooine and see if it is because it is an old save game that is causing the problem or something else is wrong.
 tk102
01-19-2005, 12:18 PM
Instead of completely removing the
void main HealParty() {
}, just delete the guts of it so that it looks like:
void main HealParty()
{
return;
}
That should keep it from breaking.
 Hades_One
01-19-2005, 12:28 PM