Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Got an idea, need to know if its possible.

Page: 1 of 1
 Fearless_Jedi
01-22-2005, 7:21 PM
I have done very limited modding of KotOR but since most models usually have a head and body I was curious if you could put your PCs head on Malak's model so that you get to use his awesome style of lightsaber combat but not have that ugly head.

Another similar question: Can you get rid of the cape on Malak's model???
 stingerhs
01-22-2005, 8:20 PM
#1- umm, if i remeber correctly, malak is one complete model with no entry in heads.2da. that means that his head is inseperable from his body.
of course, if i'm wrong, don't hesitate to correct me. its been a while. ;)

#2- as far as i know, you can rid of it in two ways: mess around with the alpha channels on the skin like Sepithroh did with his capeless-revan mod. or you could try to get rid of it on the model level, if you use some interesting modelling techniques that Xavier2, [STGN]Locutus, T7nowhere, and Sepithroh (sry if i left anybody out. :) )have come up with to actually change the shape of a model. however, if don't have any previous modelling experience, then that task could prove just a tad daunting.

of course, i'm replying under the assumption that you're planning to do this stuff yourself. if your not, then your post should have been placed in the requests sticky thread at the top of the forum. just keep things like that in mind. ;)

if you need more information, don't be afraid to ask. just try to look up the information you need before you post questions in the sticky threads, especially the "Do You Want to Mod Kotor? Then Start Here" thread, as well as the "Guide for a Newbie" thread. :D
Page: 1 of 1