Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Omg where's my game :( ?!

Page: 1 of 1
 Clone L68362
01-22-2005, 10:39 AM
I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! I had a 30 hour or so game, with over 50,000 credits, fully upgraded Light Exoskeleton, Heavy Exo, Baragwin Assault Blade, Bacca's Blade, lightsabers...you get the point. I had lots of stuff. And then my brother downloads a mod. Later he tries to delete it, and then the game crashes over and over. So he uninstalls it and it asks if it we still want our saved games. He says yes, reinstalls it and then when he starts it up, they're gone! I looked for a saves folder in the my hard drive but it didn't have them. WHAT HAPPENED TO THEM?! On top of this when I told him how much work I put in to it he said "I couldn't care less." Moron. Some one help me please!
 tk102
01-22-2005, 11:21 AM
An obvious question is what mod?

Holowan Plug-In?
All-In-One Force Powers?

The author(s) may have suggestions.

Your savegames are normally located in SWKOTOR\saves

If the game was aborted prematurely, you may also have one or more of the following folders:

SWKOTOR\currentgame
SWKOTOR\gameinprogress
SWKOTOR\futuregame

which contain the 'pieces' of the savegame. If these exist, it might be possible to reconstruct the savegame.

Do you have the KotOR Savegame Editor (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=123671)?) Try it out it out to see what games it detects.

You could also do a file search by Files Modified in the Last Day in Windows.
 Clone L68362
01-22-2005, 12:51 PM
Yeah I looked in the saves folder but the only thing there was the new game my bro had started. The mod was a side quest, enter Jabba's palace or something. You talk to some X-Wing pilots and see Boba Fett and stuff.
 stingerhs
01-22-2005, 7:09 PM
seeing as to how i don't currently have any important saves running on kotor, and that all my mods are backed up on a massive .rar file on my desktop (its over 170 Mb :eek: ), i'll see if i can't uninstall the game and keep the saves. then reinstall it to see if the saves will still be there (if they weren't deleted in the first place...) give me till 2:30 on sunday to try it out...... ;)
 Lady Jedi
01-26-2005, 8:42 PM
Did you try restoring your system to before the mod was downloaded? I don't know if that would help or not; just a suggestion. :)
 Darth Smaug
02-07-2005, 10:41 AM
did you have a back up of your save game file??
Page: 1 of 1