Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Kyle to jango switch

Page: 1 of 1
 Whimseyboy
01-18-2005, 4:12 PM
I downloaded a jango skin and model and now I am trying to get it for SP I read tutorials and every thing but I dont know what to do. What do I do?
 Wolf
02-01-2005, 1:16 PM
first u gotta download them again then right before they start it will ask u to save or open go to save then go to Lucas Arts then to Starwars JK II or wutever then go to game data then go to base. Then click on save and they should work man. if they dont repost on here
 Wolf
02-01-2005, 1:17 PM
first u gotta download them again then right before they start it will ask u to save or open go to save then go to Lucas Arts then to Starwars JK II or wutever then go to game data then go to base. Then click on save and they should work man. if they dont repost on here
 Wolf
02-01-2005, 1:17 PM
 Neverhoodian
02-01-2005, 7:32 PM
AAGH! Triple post! We're doomed! :eek:

Anyway, I don't think that's what he means, Wolf. I think he wants to know how to replace Kyle in SP with an MP skin/model. I'm kind of rusty at this sort of thing, but I think I remember how to do this. Here's some step-by-step instructions for how to do the conversion:

1. Make sure you have WinZip, WinRar or some other application that allows you to extract zip files if you haven't already. A quick Google search for the program should give you what you need.

2. Download the desired model/skin and save it in a folder that's easy to access (but you did that already, didn't you? :p ).

3. Get Pakscape if you don't have it already. It will allow you to make some necessary changes to the pk3 file. Again, Google should help you out here.

4. Extract the pk3 file to any folder you desire (you don't need it to be in the base folder just yet).

5. Open the pk3 file using Pakscape.

6. Create a new folder under models/players and name it kyle. The name is case-sensitive, so make sure you don't capitalize anything!

7. Copy the model.glm and model_default.skin files and place them in your new "kyle" folder. Afterwards, save and place in the base folder.

8. Fire up Jedi Outcast and start a new game. You MUST start a new game, otherwise the game will do strange things to the model. If all goes well, Kyle should be gone, replaced with your desired model/skin.

*Extra tip:* Many models have custom sounds and taunts. If you want these new sounds, simply rename the folder under sounds/chars as kyle (again, the name is case-sensitive).

I hope that helped. Have fun playing as someone other than Kyle!
Page: 1 of 1