Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

First GF Fanart...

Page: 1 of 1
 Akril
01-11-2005, 9:21 PM
Yep, it's my first bit of GF fanart. I started it months ago, then finished it a couple of nights ago.

As the caption says, it's most of the remaining main characters spending some time alone after the events of the game, with the focus on Eva, and for good reason. Enjoy.

http://www.deviantart.com/view/14012785/)

Akril
 VampireNaomi
01-12-2005, 3:27 AM
It's fantastic! I love the agent who was chopped in half. Great work. :) Also, good work with the colours.
 El Virus
01-13-2005, 11:26 AM
Wow.:eek: Quite good, I wish I could draw like that. The only thing I can do is draw landscapes (Actually not bad)
However, I have to disagree with you VampireNaomi, I think it would have been much better on B&W, it makes everything (Movies, pictures & Drawings) look more intense.
 VampireNaomi
01-14-2005, 3:32 AM
Originally posted by El Virus
However, I have to disagree with you VampireNaomi, I think it would have been much better on B&W, it makes everything (Movies, pictures & Drawings) look more intense.

I am probably familiar with B&W, but I can't associate that term with anything right now. What do pictures coloured that way look like?

This from a person who only uses Paint. :p
 El Virus
01-14-2005, 3:55 AM
:p Sorry, that should have been Black & White. (You know like Noir movies).
What's so wrong about using paint, I have been using it all my life, screw "Photoshop" it's too difficult to handle.
 AdventureLover
01-14-2005, 5:33 PM
I also only use Paint with the artwork.
 Akril
01-14-2005, 6:32 PM
Thanks!

I made this with Paint Shop Pro 7, by the way. I could never get the hang of Photoshop.

So...

Nobody's noticed the little bit of heavy symbolism I threw in yet?

Nobody?

Akril
 VampireNaomi
01-14-2005, 9:24 PM
Originally posted by El Virus
:p Sorry, that should have been Black & White. (You know like Noir movies).
What's so wrong about using paint, I have been using it all my life, screw "Photoshop" it's too difficult to handle.

*feels like a complete idiot* I thought you were talking about some special colouring technique, like water colours or something. :o

I always colour my art by hand so that is the only reason why I get along with Paint.

Symbolism? Give me a hint!
 El Virus
01-16-2005, 12:46 PM
It's okay, we all make mistakes.
You know, I have a friend who actually knows how to use Photoshop, but refuses to teach me how to.:( , however, Paintshop Pro 7 is great.
Anyway, the point is the drawing is very good, and that I'm not able to find any symbolism so far.

EDIT: Wait, I think I know what...I'm not so sure though.
 Akril
01-16-2005, 3:27 PM
A hint, you say? All right...

Do you see any familiar shapes floating about?

Akril
 AdventureLover
01-16-2005, 4:13 PM
Ohhh, I see now. Clever.
 GendoTheGreat
01-16-2005, 9:03 PM
Originally posted by Akril
Yep, it's my first bit of GF fanart. I started it months ago, then finished it a couple of nights ago.

As the caption says, it's most of the remaining main characters spending some time alone after the events of the game, with the focus on Eva, and for good reason. Enjoy.

http://www.deviantart.com/view/14012785/)

Akril

Powerful. I like.
 VampireNaomi
01-17-2005, 5:28 AM
Ah, now I see it. My, that could just be the cleverest thing I have ever seen in fan art. Magnificent!
 El Virus
01-18-2005, 12:43 PM
I was on the right clue then:)
Very nice work, keep it up.
 Akril
01-24-2005, 8:02 PM
Thanks, everyone!

I think I'll ask the folks at DeviantART if they spotted "something" in this drawing and see how many people (if any) are as keen as the fans here.

Akril
 Necroman
10-21-2005, 6:16 PM
Heh, nice, nice but I wasn't concentrating when I was looking at it, what's the big deal about it? No ofense man, but I ain't the first guy that didn't see it from the start... please be more explicit.
 Fuzzy Penguin
11-10-2005, 5:07 AM
I always Paint Shop Pro 9 or Photoshop CS2 to make most of my renders. This is good stuff, man.
 kolto
10-27-2007, 4:43 PM
file not found
 Du Man
10-28-2007, 1:39 PM
I can see it. It's got Glottis, Eva, the legless soldier, and the Glottis imps around a table chilling, Eva seems rather sad. And let me guess the hidden thing, the smoke above Eva's cigarette is of the same question mark design as that on Manny's hand ?
Page: 1 of 1