Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Repeated loading crashes...

Page: 1 of 1
 mtgbmx
01-06-2005, 1:47 AM
For some reason whenever I go through a door or something that needs to load, the windows '...stop responding...' message box appears. It keep's happening, it gets extremely annoying.

Also, when I go to load a saved game, the loading bar just freezes and then I get the same message box as before!

Anyone help?
 ChAiNz.2da
01-06-2005, 4:37 AM
Hmmm.. the only time this has happened to me was when I've been playing for quite awhile.

Windows is notorious for being a memory whore, and doesn't like to release the resources even when it's done using them.

I now usually quit the game and restart my computer apx. every 2-3 hours of gameplay just to purge my system and get my hard-earned memory back ;)

BUT, is this happening to you all the time? or just after playing for awhile?
 Darth333
01-06-2005, 5:24 AM
What do you have for CPU, RAM, Video card + drivers ?
 mtgbmx
01-07-2005, 6:17 AM
Its a 2.6 with 512 ram cant remember what Graphics card, only know its an ATI radeon, and i got some drivers for it recently. I would look book im using the internet somewhere else.

It doesnt happen straight away but it seems to happen quite quickly.

When it does happen I normaly wait for 5-10 mins and check again, if it still dont work try again. I played night after night sometimes for as long as 16 hours (I love the game) in one day, so you could be right.
 stingerhs
01-07-2005, 9:04 PM
to figure out your graphics board:

1. right click on your desktop and click on properties in the pop-up menu.

2. a window should open up thats called "Display Properties"

3. go to the properties tag just underneath the X button in the upper right corner

4. in the box underneath the monitor display, it will tell you what kind of monitor your using and then the chipset for your graphics board.

hope that helps at least a little bit. :)
Page: 1 of 1