Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

character stuck

Page: 1 of 1
 Strider74205
01-05-2005, 12:09 PM
Here's the situation:

On Korriban, just after defeating Uthura Ban and the other guy in Naga Sadow's Tomb. I went up the path and defeated the three sith that attack you there. Then I went inside and was attacked by the sith inside the academy and was doing quite well for myself when somebody force-pushed me which knocked me back far enough to make me go back through the door. Imagine my suprise as in the middle of the fight a new map loaded and I was back outside the academy.

Now here's the problem, I can't move my character. I can rotate the camera and open all the menus but he's stuck. Neither keyboard or the mouse will make him walk. I can't even go back through the door i was pushed through. On top of that it autosaved right there so when i load it its stuck in the same spot.

For now I'm going to go back to my last save but it was a while ago so I'll lose a lot of time. So if anyone can help me unstick my character it would be much appreciated.
 Darth333
01-05-2005, 12:15 PM
First time I ever hear this. I think you got extremely bad lucky there.Can you switch the party leader to another party member and re-enter the academy? If your party members are not with you, try using the party selection screen.

If the above doesn't work, don't see what else you can do apart loading a new game.
 ChAiNz.2da
01-05-2005, 12:42 PM
:lol: I apologize, and I don't mean to be laughing at your predicament (that's really odd), I just can't help but picture this battle in my mind when an enemy force pushes you through the door... I can just imagine the looks of bewilderment on their faces..."Hey!? Where'd they go?...hello?"

OK, joking aside... can you bring up the cheat console? Maybe you could try a "warp" code?

Anyone know off-hand what the proper area code would be? (assuming you can bring up the console)... :confused:
 Darth333
01-05-2005, 1:21 PM
Didn't think of this ChAiNz.2da. Seems a good idea. Warp code for inside the Academy would be:warp korr_m35aa
 Strider74205
01-05-2005, 3:03 PM
Darth333: go ahead and laugh, its pretty funny. :D

even funnier: I used the party selection thing you suggested ChAiNz, and it worked like a charm. And then it happened AGAIN hahaha. The same SOB pushed me back through the door (i hadn't killed him the first time). Well my dude was stuck again but luckily i had juhani and carth with me so i switched to them and got my guy unstuck.

Thanks guys
 Darth333
01-05-2005, 3:26 PM
Originally posted by Strider74205
Darth333: go ahead and laugh, its pretty funny. :D
I was laughing, just didn't mentionned it :D
 ChAiNz.2da
01-05-2005, 5:06 PM
Glad to see everything worked out! :thumbsup:

Although it was Darth333's suggestion to switch party leaders ;)

Now I'm off to see if I can replicate what happened to you, I just have to see this for myself! (now that I know it can be fixed) :lol: :D
Page: 1 of 1