Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Face Models

Page: 1 of 1
 Doc Valentine
01-04-2005, 7:50 PM
Hey I was wondering if there was a way by editing of 2da, though i have tried all i can, to make a Unique model such as malak or mekel wear a mask or armor for that matter, or if there is a way to replace the heads on models with human generic heads. Thanks in advance!
 Tanesh
01-05-2005, 3:34 AM
You can make them wear armor or robes by editing them with the Inventory Editor from Fred's Kotor Tool. They can wear masks but sadly, they would be invisible.
I asked Xavier2 for help, but it seems that after editing the head models, they lose their facial animations, so I preferred the invisible masks. :(
 Darkkender
01-05-2005, 4:38 AM
I'm not versed in the exact details but I believe what you need is to apply different texture & model types in the a-j fields of the appearance.2da that corresponds to the model have the appearance of armor on it or something. Since I have never played with actually skinning or adding a new body model into the game I'm sure of the exact details of how this is done but if you can get the attention of svosh or somebody like him maybe they could give you some better answers.
 Doc Valentine
01-05-2005, 5:29 AM
Ok i fixed the problem, i just used the model switching tutorial by tk102 and made a new entry in the appearance.2da file so it all works now.
 Xavier2
01-05-2005, 7:40 AM
Originally posted by Gsccc
Ok i fixed the problem, i just used the model switching tutorial by tk102 and made a new entry in the appearance.2da file so it all works now.
In your first post you mentioned Malak or Mekel. Did you made it work for them? I always thought this was impossible!

Mekel is a head model without some "object helpers" and therefore can't render masks. Trying to edit the model and add said helpers make the head lose all animations.

Malak's head on the other hand is a part of his body and it doesn't have these helpers either...

So would you be so kind and explain further more how did you achieve this? I sure would have a lot of my own problems solved too...;)
 Lord of Banthas
01-05-2005, 8:52 AM
Originally posted by Xavier2
Malak's head on the other hand is a part of his body and it doesn't have these helpers either...

Just to clear something up, Gsccc is currently working on the Jedi Malak model, whose head is not a part of the body model (or at least I don't think so ;) ).

[EDIT] I stand corrected :rolleyes:
 Xavier2
01-05-2005, 9:01 AM
Originally posted by Lord of Banthas
Just to clear something up, Gsccc is currently working on the Jedi Malak model, whose head is not a part of the body model (or at least I don't think so ;) ).

I could be wrong though :rolleyes:
You are wrong...Jedi Malak's body and head are in one model.
 Doc Valentine
01-05-2005, 12:42 PM
Actually whe I said i had fixed the problem i ment that i got it working how i wanted it too, just made the model and replaced the head with 66 the invisible head, to give the floating mask effect.
Page: 1 of 1