Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

JK3 Hilt Replacement Help

Page: 1 of 1
 losthardy81
01-03-2005, 8:34 PM
Hey guys (and gals),

I'm of limited modeling experience (the only game I've done models for is KOTOR). But I've got a hilt created for use in JK3, and was created in Gmax.

Can anyone direct me to a tutorial that will tell me what I need to do to from the point of creation, to importing it into JK3?

I've been told about "tag_blade1" and "tag_parent" and such, and have no idea what those are and what to do with them...

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

PS. Skinning will be left for another day... I'm just working on getting the model in at this point :)
 Amidala from Chop Shop
01-03-2005, 11:06 PM
 losthardy81
01-04-2005, 5:48 AM
Everything there is just player models...

apparently no one admits to doing hilt models, even though there are additional hilts out there for download...

I just wish I could find a tutorial
 jon_hill987
01-13-2005, 9:19 AM
this thread should tell all

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=1482723)

good luck! and most of all have fun!
 losthardy81
01-13-2005, 1:59 PM
Man, you friggin rock....

I've been pulling my hair out trying to figure this stuff out...

I appreciate it... you care if I add you to my email address book?
 jon_hill987
01-14-2005, 12:57 AM
Nah, go for it. I didn't know my email was visible though. i don't know how much help I can be as I made that saber a long time ago...

If my email is not there, PM me and I'll send it to you.
 NW Apocalypse
01-14-2005, 1:41 AM
i've made a few hilts of my own and i wanna make them available in singleplayer.

i already know how to do this but it doesn't work!?!?!?!

can anyone help me out please?
Page: 1 of 1