Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Wishlist

Page: 1 of 1
 OverlordAngelus
01-03-2005, 7:42 PM
Personally I'm glad to have the game set during the OT and drawing some elements from the prequels.

Anyway, this is a list of what I'd like to see in the game.

1. For the space combat part of the game, lots of ships (Lucasarts, don't forget the huge selection of ships from the X-Wing series and Rebellion!).
2. A third side that could be smugglers (again using ships from the X-Wing series. Smuggler forces would be weak but also cheap (either money or points wise, depending on how the game works).
3. A scenario editor (this is an absolute MUST!) for ground and space battles but try not to make it so you need a degree in computer programming to use *cough*homeworld*cough*
4. Multiplayer (again a must!)
5. Maybe a method of play similiar to Galactic Conquest in Battlefront, only with more systems and planets? (this could also be done for multiplayer).
6. ABSOLUTELY NO GUNGANS!
7. Hero units (these would be nice to have in the scenario editor). Customizable heroes would also be nice to have in the editor.

As you can see, I am looking forward to the space combat section of the game more than the ground combat. Anyway, please feel free to list your own desires for this game.
 Nairb Notneb
01-04-2005, 2:17 AM
Customization is a must. I want to be able alter every unit and stat to my whim, even the planets.

I want to make scenarios.

That's the biggest deal for me. If I can do that then I will play the game forever and will get any xpac and any sequel.

Oh and multiplayer, but Darth Maul UK has confirmed that already. Thanks.
 Raxor
01-04-2005, 2:37 AM
i think having some tunnels / caves would be fun, set up a little ambush in them. And maybe random maps as per swgb if thats possible.
 lukeiamyourdad
01-04-2005, 10:32 AM
Good SP campaign. Lately, there hasn't been any RTS with an overall good SP campaign yet it is important.

Epicness. That's what video gaming has turned into now. We look for more cinematic experiences in our video games so it is a must for EaW.
 Pho3nix
01-05-2005, 1:13 AM
I really have been wishing for a RTS with both Clone and OT timeline, The "new" addition that i'm most wishing for is 3D-graphics.
 FroZticles
01-05-2005, 1:15 AM
I hope they cane catch the epic scale of star wars battles and also make gameplay suited for casual and hardcore players that keeps a thriving community for many years.
 OverlordAngelus
01-06-2005, 7:26 PM
Two more items to go on my wishlist (seeing as a good portion of mine seem to be in the game from what I can tell).

The ability to assign a character to be the admiral or general of a task force. This would work exactly the same way as Rebellion. You can assign a character to a ship and they will provide a bonus that could give you a tactical edge you might need against a superior enemy.

A long with a scenario editor, a campaign editor is also a must. This would basically allow people to create their own campaign setup. So if I wanted I could create a campaign around the Thrawn Trilogy etc.
 jokemaster
01-11-2005, 6:52 PM
C&C style cutscenes.
One thing that would be cool would be ranks, like as you play through the game you start getting promoted,start getting more reinforcements if you call for them, maybe even win medals and have a little cutscene with vader and the emperor and stuff.
 Lex
01-13-2005, 4:10 AM
[list=1]
random maps
if buildings, build whereever you want(no fixed command centers, like in aom!!)
a lot of strategical imput(wheather, ground, exhaustion of troops ect.)
[/list=1]
 romano
01-13-2005, 4:32 AM
stats for every character would be kool and also medals and war ribbons, cause they look kool.
 Jan Gaarni
01-13-2005, 6:33 AM
Keep in mind guys and gals (just making sure :D ) that this isn't your normal C&C RTS.

If anyone has tried it, think Imperium Galactica (1 and 2), and I think you'll be closer. :)
 starmark2k
01-13-2005, 8:23 AM
Originally posted by OverlordAngelus
Personally I'm glad to have the game set during the OT and drawing some elements from the prequels.

Anyway, this is a list of what I'd like to see in the game.

1. For the space combat part of the game, lots of ships (Lucasarts, don't forget the huge selection of ships from the X-Wing series and Rebellion!).
2. A third side that could be smugglers (again using ships from the X-Wing series. Smuggler forces would be weak but also cheap (either money or points wise, depending on how the game works).
3. A scenario editor (this is an absolute MUST!) for ground and space battles but try not to make it so you need a degree in computer programming to use *cough*homeworld*cough*
4. Multiplayer (again a must!)
5. Maybe a method of play similiar to Galactic Conquest in Battlefront, only with more systems and planets? (this could also be done for multiplayer).
6. ABSOLUTELY NO GUNGANS!
7. Hero units (these would be nice to have in the scenario editor). Customizable heroes would also be nice to have in the editor.

As you can see, I am looking forward to the space combat section of the game more than the ground combat. Anyway, please feel free to list your own desires for this game.

That is exactly what i would like. with both an instant action thing so you can go strait into fighting if you wanted.
 Curt-Man
01-17-2005, 5:47 PM
all i want is customizable maps, big multiplayer abilities, lots of units, like i'm not talking a little skirmish i'm talking clone vs droids size wars. how hard is that, big battles customizable maps.
 stingerhs
01-18-2005, 6:38 AM
i want to see them make it so that battles in space and on ground can somewhat intertwine. ie, you can move some ships into position over the planet to offer artillery support, while using other friendly ships in the battle to protect them. or be able to create specific ground-based weapon platforms that are designed to attack ships in space (like the ion cannon in tesb).

that is what i would like to call depth in the battles. :D
 StarWarsPhreak
01-18-2005, 8:42 AM
An option to have just space battle, ground battle, or both in skirmish/multiplayer mode.
 Nokill
01-18-2005, 9:20 AM
* ill yust have a cookie and some PIE! juice please :D *
Page: 1 of 1