Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Need help with translations (German to English)

Page: 1 of 1
 Tanesh
01-01-2005, 4:45 PM
After a long time, I've finally finished my recruitment mod. The problems are, it's in German, there's very much text to translate and I don't think my English is good enought to translate everything correctly. :(
So I wanted to ask if there's anyone here with a bit free time who can help me translating the whole thing or check my translations for spelling and grammar errors? I guess it's worth it ... Please? :)
 Colma Adawin
01-02-2005, 12:21 AM
i was searching the internet for a translator for Orsans site, i found this one:

http://www.worldlingo.com/products_services/worldlingo_translator.html)

you can either put the site in (i used it for Orsans site)
or
you can type any bit of text and get it in whatever language

Source Language = the language its in
Target Language = what language you want it changed to

hope this helps, its fairly easy to use, i'd vote for it :p

MattCole
 Tanesh
01-02-2005, 6:35 AM
Thanks, I' ll try that. I only hope it's better than Babelfish. Some of the translations are really embarassing. ;) Perhaps someone could beta-read the whole thing before I publish it ...
 tk102
01-02-2005, 8:41 AM
I'll beta-read if you like. I think you have my email address.
 Tanesh
01-02-2005, 9:41 AM
That's nice, thanks. :) But I need to warn you; I was serious as I wrote there's much text. Let's see, there are 12 dialog files, some new journal entries and 3 new sabers / crystals. Do you remember the dialog file I sent you? ;)
 tk102
01-02-2005, 9:48 AM
Yes I do! :Open2: I think Fred remembers it too as being one of the longest we've seen. How about one file at a time then.
 Tanesh
01-02-2005, 11:20 AM
Or you could play the mod and try every possible choice ... ;) Just kidding.
I have just translated the journal saber and crystal files. Fortunately, most of the dialogs aren't very long, either. Except Mekel's personal dialog, of course. And some things I just don't know how to express in English .... I fear my mod will be a bit less informative and / or entertaining in English than in German. :(
 Colma Adawin
01-02-2005, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Tanesh
Or you could play the mod and try every possible choice ... ;) Just kidding.
I have just translated the journal saber and crystal files. Fortunately, most of the dialogs aren't very long, either. Except Mekel's personal dialog, of course. And some things I just don't know how to express in English .... I fear my mod will be a bit less informative and / or entertaining in English than in German. :(

do your best, thats all that matters, it could be more exciting for the english users :p or a bloody nightmare, no, we have faith in your abilites, do your best, and then we'll get the feedback done :p

MattCole
 PoM
01-02-2005, 12:38 PM
This sounds like a good one..
And..TK, read carefully...
*Muhahahaha!!! GWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!*
 Tanesh
01-02-2005, 1:46 PM
You're invited to join him. ;) More eyes find more mistakes ... I've already finished the item descriptions, the journal entries and almost the whole banter dialogs. Yes, you read right, some new banters! :) I'm kinda pround of that ... And there'll be only 11 dialog files left ... :eek: Fortunately, they are not all as long as the one I shocked tk and Fred with. ;)
 PoM
01-04-2005, 12:01 AM
I can help as well :)
Page: 1 of 1