Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Clone Trooper mod question

Page: 1 of 1
 |Ragnar0k
12-30-2004, 2:17 AM
I only want (again) the armor for the outfit, not stats. But the problem is that the armor(s) dont have any uti. file on its own as its base item is Cassus Fetts Battle Armor, so i guess i need to edit the Fett Armor to make the Trooper Armor have the stats i want. But I cant find the Cassus's uti. file anywhere. Where is it located?

The Clone Trooper set is located at: http://www.pcgamemods.com/8967/) If thats any help.

[EDIT]: SORRY, the armor DOES have an uti. file, but it mimics the Cassus armor, and i cant remove the 9 Defense it has on it.
 Darkkender
12-30-2004, 4:25 AM
Originally posted by |Ragnar0k
I only want (again) the armor for the outfit, not stats. But the problem is that the armor(s) dont have any uti. file on its own as its base item is Cassus Fetts Battle Armor, so i guess i need to edit the Fett Armor to make the Trooper Armor have the stats i want. But I cant find the Cassus's uti. file anywhere. Where is it located?

The Clone Trooper set is located at: http://www.pcgamemods.com/8967/) If thats any help.

[EDIT]: SORRY, the armor DOES have an uti. file, but it mimics the Cassus armor, and i cant remove the 9 Defense it has on it.

Okay what you want to change so you have the stormtrooper armor is the model variant option in the uti. If your using KOTOR Tool's uti editor, there should be an option to the right hand side for model variant. then under the properties tab is where you adjust what the defense and other benefits are.
 |Ragnar0k
12-30-2004, 4:46 AM
Yea I found the model variation button, and I know the properties tab, ive removed every stat from there, but when i open the uti. with KT, in the main window theres this bar where reads: "Base item":
Defense Bonъs 9

Then there are every kinds of stuff under that bar, Ion Blaster, Implant 1, Implant 2, Belt, Gauntlets, Mask, Medical Equipment, etc. etc. + those def bonuses 4-9.
I tried to change the def bonus to 4, and i ended up with combat suit. :confused: Oh, and the model variation thingy, what does that do? :D Forgive me, im noob.
 Darkkender
12-30-2004, 5:10 AM
Ok what your referring to is the reference in baseitems.2da. You want to leave that alone as that determines the baseitem type. If you want to change the defense value change it in the properties field.

The model variant determines how the armor appears such as the cassus fett armor is the first one in armor def 9 category which is a heavy armor.
 |Ragnar0k
12-30-2004, 5:33 AM
Ok its like this:

1. I download [MECK]Clonetrooper mod.
2. I extract it into Override.
3. I open Clonetrooper Lieutenant Armor uti. file "lieut_armour.uti"with KOTOR Tool.
4. I click the "Properties" tab.
--------------------------------------------
Defense Bonus| Melee| 5
Damage Resistance|Cold Resist| 25/-
Damage Resistance|Fire Resist| 25/-
Damage Resistance|Sonic Resist| 25/-
User Limitation|Human
---------------------------------------------

I delete all those, except Defense Bonus.
5. I double-click the Defense Bonus, and edit the value.

-----------
Random
-----------

I click "1", click "Update" and save the uti. file.
6. I use tk's Save Editor to give the item to my character.
7. I start the game, load my save, look at the armor,

------------------------------------------------
Cassus Fetts Battle Armor
Feats Required: [Heavy Armor Proficiency]
Defense+10
Max Dexterity Bonus+0
(Item Description)
------------------------------------------------

The property tab seems to edit only the +'s, and not the base def...
And this armor doesnt have its own tga. or mdx. and whatever files there are, only the uti. So it uses Cassus's armor as base item... So it seems i need to edit the Cassus's armor. Where can I find that? Thanks for your time. :cool:
 Darkkender
12-30-2004, 5:48 AM
instead of using the savegame editor try using the cheat
giveitem lieut_armour and see if is still giving you the cassus armor.
 |Ragnar0k
12-30-2004, 5:53 AM
For some reason the EnableCheats=1 wont work, but Ill try to figure it out. Thanks for your help!
 Darkkender
12-30-2004, 5:56 AM
After rereading your first post I might be answering all wrong here. If you want to just change your appearance to running around looking like a clonetrooper then you need to make the change within your appearance.2da file because this is considered a disguise property.

Now if you still want some defense but not enough to protect you worth a darn then you will need to do some more indepth modding of adding a seperate variant for each baseitems.2da entry.
 Prime
12-30-2004, 7:45 AM
The property tab seems to edit only the +'s, and not the base def...Exactly. The clonetrooper armour is a class 9 armour, and so most of the base stats for it are defined by the class 9 entry in baseitems.2da. The base defence bonus of 9 is defined as a part of the base class 9 armour.

And this armor doesnt have its own tga. or mdx. and whatever files there are, only the uti. Well, it has it's own tga and uti, but no model file. It uses the standard model for the class 9 armours which comes with the original game. The uti points to the appropriate texture.

So it uses Cassus's armor as base item... So it seems i need to edit the Cassus's armor. Where can I find that? Thanks for your time. :cool: Actually no. The Cassus armour is based on the base class 9 armour just like the clone trooper. The clone trooper armour is not tied in any way stat-wise to the Cassus version. They both have seperate uti files that define additional properties above and beyond the base armour defined in basetiems.2da. If they are similar it is simply because they have similar properties defined in their uti files. Altering the Cassus uti will not alter the stats for the clone trooper.

Originally posted by Darkkender
After rereading your first post I might be answering all wrong here. If you want to just change your appearance to running around looking like a clonetrooper then you need to make the change within your appearance.2da file because this is considered a disguise property. Unfortunately, if you do that then the helmet and armour won't be seperate, and the head will lose all of its animations.

Now if you still want some defense but not enough to protect you worth a darn then you will need to do some more indepth modding of adding a seperate variant for each baseitems.2da entry.To clarify, if the defence for class 9 armours in baseitems.2da is altered it will affect every class 9 armour, not just the clone trooper. I would recommend against this as it will fundamentally alter the game and I am not sure what side affects it might have.

Off the top of my head the only other way I can see is to add a new base item line that is similar to the class 9 one. Then alter the defence there. But then you will have to change each and every uti file to reflect the new baseitem and variant. I'm sure there would need to be additional changes in places like the appearance.2da as well.
 Darkkender
12-30-2004, 8:05 AM
^^^^^^^
What he said

I was also unclear. If you want a weaker armor choose one of your weaker armor class armors(eg. def 4-9) copy & rename the tga for the clonetrooper armor to a different # for the model variant and have your lower armor class armor point to the new model variant that was renamed for the clonetrooper armor.

Sorry, if I was at home I could run to my gaming/modding/programming machine and make the change and give a more crystal explanation and example. But I'm at work and won't be home untill late afternoon if I'm lucky.
 Prime
12-30-2004, 8:25 AM
^^^^^^^
What he said

I was also unclear. If you want a weaker armor choose one of your weaker armor class armors(eg. def 4-9) copy & rename the tga for the clonetrooper armor to a different # for the model variant and have your lower armor class armor point to the new model variant that was renamed for the clonetrooper armor. I don't really know what this means.

But if you are saying just move the texture to another model (say class 6), the texture won't line up on the new model. In any event, you are going to have to alter the baseitem.2da as far as I can see...
 Darkkender
12-30-2004, 8:54 AM
Thats where I was talking about copying & renaming the texture to a new model variant name for a new variant that will line up with the new baseitem such as the class 6. (eg if class 9 armor has 10 model variants and the clonetrooper is variant 15 and class 6 armor has 20 variants. So you would name your new texture to point to a variant 25 for example and that would be all.) Since the armor class drives the base DEF for the armor if he wanted to put this in the robe category you could do that as well as long as the texture variant point to the right type of variant.

I don't know the naming categories of the different baseitems entries off the top of my head.

EDIT***

Here's what i mean if clonetrooper armor's texture is g_a_class9_015.tga

lets say robes all start with g_a_jedirobe_XXX.tga
then you would rename to g_a_jedirobe_082.tga

in a jedirobes uti set the model variant to 82 and your set voila clonetrooper robes.:p
 Prime
12-30-2004, 1:50 PM
But moving the texture to another model will screw up the texture. The texture is designed to line up properly with, and only with, the class 9 armour model. Moving the texture to another model will likely result in a jumbled mess.
 ChAiNz.2da
12-30-2004, 2:23 PM
Originally posted by Prime
But moving the texture to another model will screw up the texture. The texture is designed to line up properly with, and only with, the class 9 armour model. Moving the texture to another model will likely result in a jumbled mess.

Prime's right.

When I had tried to link my Segan Wyndh Armor to a Jedi Robe and vice versa (to get the no force restriction) it was either a complete mess...or my armor looked strangely enough like a robe :fist:

Because I had skinned the Cinnagar Plate Armor, it only looked right using the Class 8 model...The baseitems.2da does indeed work however.

it's not really that hard to do |Ragnar0k, especially if you pick one particular CloneTrooper Suit you want to have (rather than deal with all of them). Feel free to dissect my Segan Wyndh Armor mod if you need visuals to guide you along...
Page: 1 of 1