Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

How Do I Install MODs On Outcast

Page: 1 of 1
 BlackEclipse
12-29-2004, 1:41 PM
I Posted this on outcast forums but only one person replied, and it didnt help. So I thought since most of you have played outcast ya'll would know how to insert mods into the game. the main menu on Outcst for MP has a setup option but if you go there it has MODs listed but you cant download any. Plz help

I would also like to know how JA is i just bought Outcast and its really kool and ive heard about academy, and ill prolly buy it, but want to know if its any good.

:mm1
 Neverhoodian
12-29-2004, 2:05 PM
Well, if you do decide to buy JA, you'll be happy to know that you install mods the same way you do for JO. Here's a short list that explains the process:

1. Download the desired file to any directory you want, particularly one that's quick and easy to access (I usually put mine in a special mod folder under "My Documents").

2. Open the file. Most mods are put into a zip file, so you'll need WinZip or a similar program to open them. You can download a trial version of WinZip or buy the full version here (http://www.winzip.com/downwzeval.htm) (just download the trial though, it has everything you need. Just keep selecting "Close" whenever they want you to register, as there's no time limit for how long you want the "trial" period to last ;) ).

3. Once you have opened the file in WinZip, be sure to open the README file that is (or should be) included and follow its instructions. If it's a skin or a character model, you'll most likely extract it to JO/JA's base folder. If it's a full blown mod, you'll want to put it in a new folder under Gamedata. If in doubt though, ALWAYS check the README file.

4. Fire up the game and have at it (NOTE: for mods placed in a new folder under Gamedata, you'll need to activate the mod from the menu by selecting "Mods" and opening the folder you put it under).

I hope that helps. As for whether JA is worth buying, I would suggest checking out this thread (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=141455).
 BlackEclipse
12-29-2004, 4:32 PM
Thanks Much Man :D
 BlackEclipse
12-30-2004, 2:10 PM
It says exactly this, "Not enough space on disk"

it also says below it that it cant create a directory. Plz help
 BlackEclipse
12-30-2004, 2:13 PM
This happens when i try to extract it

:mm1
 Neverhoodian
12-30-2004, 2:54 PM
Are you trying to extract the mod to the CD? You need to extract the mod to your C drive, or wherever your hard drive is. You should find Jedi Outcast under C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast (unless you installed the game in another location)
 BlackEclipse
12-30-2004, 3:33 PM
Thanx man if this doesnt work then im going to pull my hair out lol :p
 BlackEclipse
12-30-2004, 3:38 PM
Ta Da I did it lol now I can play as a Green Shadow Trooper

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Thanks A Bunch Man :cool:
 BlackEclipse
12-30-2004, 3:42 PM
Hold on i extracted it to the base folder in the C Drive but it isnt on the game when i try to pick it, i even tried to go to mod and download it but it didnt list anything :confused:
 Neverhoodian
01-01-2005, 10:12 AM
Hmmmmm, are you trying to access it from Single player or Multiplayer? Depending on what file it is, it may not work on one. Try again with another file and see if the same problem happens. Sometimes downloads don't work quite right, but that almost never happens unless the file's corrupted (I doubt it is).

That's about all I can think of to help. I'm not as knowledgeable as some on the forum. I hope you get things working right.
 BlackEclipse
01-01-2005, 9:01 PM
Ya i got it to work, i had to install the MOD then reboot the computer, then it was on the game :)

thnx for all the help :cool:
Page: 1 of 1