Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

game crashes (JA)

Page: 1 of 1
 blackspiderman
12-28-2004, 2:27 PM
My computer passed all the test to play Academy, but during gameplay it locks up or goes black. the update patch says it does not need to be updated. what do i do???
 Tinny
12-28-2004, 2:31 PM
Hmm, interesting if it already detects some patch stuff. Try deleting everything, installing again, and then applying the patch from the official site (because some patches i've seen from third party sites don't work well).
 blackspiderman
12-28-2004, 3:03 PM
Thanks
 blackspiderman
12-28-2004, 3:18 PM
If that doesn't work, then what???

http://www.geocities.com/blackspidermand/spiderman04.gif[/img]) ([img)
 Amidala from Chop Shop
12-28-2004, 3:51 PM
You should have posted this in the Technical Help Forum (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=159)

Make sure you have the latest video and sound drivers for your computer.

If it plays normally for awhile and then locks up, your computer probably has inadequate cooling to play 3D action games.
 blackspiderman
12-28-2004, 4:03 PM
How can i change that?
 Kurgan
12-29-2004, 9:32 AM
Cooling?

Well you can install some more/better cooling fans in your processor, or upgrade to a faster non-overclocked processor (if you're using an older overclocked one, ie: get one that runs cooler), or take off the sides of your tower and let it air out.

Get the air conditioner going or a box fan to blow on the inside if you can (just not one so powerful it blows your tower over!).

As to other suggestions, make sure you're not using any cd cracks, hacks or trainers. Those can frequently goof up the game. Make sure you have the latest video card drivers and directX updates in addition.

Do other Quake3 engine games run properly for you?
Page: 1 of 1