Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

.dm_26?

Page: 1 of 1
 90SK
12-27-2004, 12:36 PM
When a demo is recorded in JA, its saved as a .dm_26 file. What program is used to open such a file?
 razorace
12-27-2004, 2:28 PM
It's run by the JKA game. Something like /playdemo demofilename.
 90SK
01-03-2005, 12:10 PM
Thank you.:)

However, I notice that people release "movies" that are JA recorded. How do I (if at all) convert .dm_26 files to .wmv/ .avi files?
 razorace
01-03-2005, 5:42 PM
Uh, I know there's ways to do that. I just don't know very much about them. Hopefully someone else can answer that soon.
 Pahricida
01-03-2005, 6:19 PM
2 ways wich make sense:

You go into COnsole and type:

/cl_avidemo x

whereas the x defines the frames taken per second.

now do:

/g_Synchronousclients 1

and

/record blabla

Your base/screenshots folder gets now filled up with single shots of the ingame action you can compile into a movie later on with a video converter such as VirtualDub or TMPGEnc.

Now if you set the cl_avidemo to a high value, lets say like 25 you'll get MANY pics in your screenshots folder and in a resolution of 1024x768 they will take away much space so I recommend to use a lower value (between 10 and 15)

The other method would be to use a Realtime Video capturing tool like FRAPS (http://www.fraps.com/)
They offer a Trial version with limitations though.

This tool just records your ingame stuff into an .avi format (can also become very huge though)
Page: 1 of 1