Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Why does this game keep on ****ing with me?!, Texturing

Page: 1 of 1
 Y4mama
12-27-2004, 12:48 AM
Im new to the modding scene so a piece of good advice from the moderators would be perfect! Well I've downloaded Hulas Bandon model robes, I unzipped the content to a Kotor mod directory, and then i saw there were some textures (N_Specialrobe01,02,03 etc.) that my computer could read, so i decided to change the colors of the textures (I first turned them black and white and then i inverted them). BUT when i copied the textures to the Override directory and then started the game, the bandon robe was kinda shiny, like the sitharmor, but no texture. So mo question is: WHY IS THIS??!, Do i have to do something special to retexture the bandon robes? I just want'em to be white and shiny, for my lightside character. Im from Sweden so my spelling isn't that good!
 ChAiNz.2da
12-27-2004, 1:08 AM
Check your alpha channel strength. The higher the alpha the shinier it gets. When you have a white color affected by a high alpha, best thing to do is knock it down a bit (shiny parts show up black/gray in the channel).

Once you're done adjusting your levels, flatten the image...save, and drop into your override. May take a touch-up or two, but eventually it'll work out...

hope that helps! :)
 Y4mama
12-27-2004, 2:02 AM
OK, how do i do that?? i edited the txture with Nero Photosnap viewer?
 ChAiNz.2da
12-27-2004, 3:06 AM
Originally posted by Y4mama
OK, how do i do that?? i edited the txture with Nero Photosnap viewer?

errr... to be honest I have no clue. I'm a die-hard Photoshop User. Try reading up any help files that may be offered by Nero to see if it's even possible. :giveup:

I don't know how extensive an editor the program is, so look for options that may contain keywords such as "channels", "masks", "alpha" etc.

Sorry, if it were Photoshop I could tell you in a heartbeat.

Anyone else here know about the program??
Page: 1 of 1