Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

How to rip the cutscenes?

Page: 1 of 1
 Lagomorph01
12-26-2004, 12:43 PM
Yo everybody,

Does anyone know how to rip the cutscenes from Grim Fandango, how did the scummbar do it to Monkey Island 3 & 4?
If anyone has a tool to do that, please give me the name of it and the place to download this
 Sallim
12-28-2004, 4:19 AM
As far as I know there is a tool for the monkey island cutscenes, but the GrimE files are different.

The only way I know is to capture the cutscenes, I would prefer Fraps (http://www.fraps.com/)

You need a fast harddrive and a good cpu for capturing.

Try it out, youґll find the best settings.
I captured the espanol version of GrimE

gfl2_divX511.avi (http://www.sal4.de/new/gfl2_divX511.avi) ( about 15 mbytes )

bye
 Lagomorph01
12-28-2004, 11:35 AM
Hmmm... Can you get it to work in higher quality? I want to burn them on dvd.
And how did the scumm bar do it to the monkey island 4 cutscenes then?

(damn that's some bad dubbing)
 Sallim
12-28-2004, 1:14 PM
Like I said, the tool can extract the movie files from MI4.

Fraps isnt the best solution, I know. I just tried it again with full capture size and 25 fps. With my S-ATA harddrives I dont even get higher then 10 frames!

Another way would be ( capturing again ) to capture an analog video out of a gfc card with a coomon Tv card , but the hightest resolution that should work is 352 * 288.

Maybe someone else has a good idea, lets hope it. ( ask in the GF Network IRC Channel, they may help you =)
 Otso
01-08-2005, 11:13 AM
Ok how about this? Does anyone know where one could download the cutscenes? Theyve got to be pretty popular so id think they were out there, but where to find em? Anyone know?
 VampireNaomi
01-08-2005, 12:55 PM
You can download some of the cutscenes here, (http://www.ninth-world.com/videos.php) I think. I haven't tried if the links work.

And Otso, any chance you are from Finland? *pokes at your name*
 Otso
01-16-2005, 8:46 AM
Haha, you got me. :) Im from finland. How did you know? And thanks for the link, Ill check it out.
 VampireNaomi
01-17-2005, 5:29 AM
I'm from Finland too so I thought your name couldn't be a coincidence. ;)
 JofaGuht
01-17-2005, 8:05 AM
About five years ago, I was still a youngin', I videotaped all the cutscenes. I'd show them to my friends and they'd have no clue what's going on.

Man, I want to go to Scandinavia.
 VampireNaomi
01-18-2005, 7:01 AM
What's so great about Scandinavia? It's cold and dark and wet here. Now Syria is another case, I'd give anything to get there.
 El Virus
01-18-2005, 1:03 PM
Originally posted by Lagomorph01
(damn that's some bad dubbing)

Actually my copy of the game has that dubbing, and I don't find it to be half bad. The translation is quite good, specially if you understand my language.

Second, since everyone else is talking about Scandinavia, I might as well add that I have a Swedish friend.:)
By the way, what's so bad about cold weather, I found cold & rainy days to be the best of them all.
We have over 30 Centigrade Degrees here (Argentina). Honestly, I'm getting sick of the sand, the sea & the tremendous heat.
 JofaGuht
01-19-2005, 8:21 AM
Originally posted by VampireNaomi
What's so great about Scandinavia? It's cold and dark and wet here. Now Syria is another case, I'd give anything to get there.

I prefer cold, dark and wet places. And yes, there are other places I'd go first, like China or Thailand, but northern europe has been a small dream for me. Most of all, I think it would rock to drive around town in a snowmobile.
 VampireNaomi
01-20-2005, 3:49 AM
Originally posted by JofaGuht
Most of all, I think it would rock to drive around town in a snowmobile.

Just make sure you don't let the angry land owners get you. They hate it when people drive on their land and ruin their possibilities for an excellent harvest. ;)
 Grim_comician
01-21-2005, 4:58 AM
Don't worry. There are very less of people in Sweden that are racists or such.
To become a known scandinavia, it is dark, cold and wet. That's natural. But thanks to the gulf stream, it's not as cold like in Canada or Sibiria.
 VampireNaomi
01-21-2005, 8:01 AM
I'd love to travel to Stockholm. I love the way Swedish people speak Swedish (it's so much cooler than the ugly Finnish accent) and walking in the old parts of the city would be a dream come true.
 JofaGuht
01-21-2005, 1:51 PM
Hmm....Well, I'm going to Canada. So afterwards, I can deal with Sweden I guess.

You know what's really cold? Pluto. But Pluto has neither the snowmoblies nor the awesome music.
 Grim_comician
01-24-2005, 4:44 AM
You're right, Pluto is the coldest place we know. It is around below 250 degrees, and can get around the sun for a very long time.
Page: 1 of 1