Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Game returns to title screen.

Page: 1 of 1
 Hyren
12-25-2004, 11:04 AM
I'm on the ebon hawk on tatooine. When I try to leave the ship it returns to the title screen and freezes. I have to task manager out.

Warping doesnt work, niether does removing mods. I have no earlier saves.
 ChAiNz.2da
12-26-2004, 1:23 AM
Hmmm..this is just a shot in the dark, but do you have a mod that requires a trigger script at the Tattoine Docking Bay? ie - T7's Lightsaber 6 pack or Xavier2's Jabba Palace? (k_ptat17ab_enter.ncs)

It sounds like (though I could be wrong) that your game is looking for a certain trigger and it's not finding it.

Also, do you use KotOR Mod Manager? One of the things I found out is that if you use KMM it puts ".mod" files in your override directory instead of putting them in the "modules" folder. You have to manually change that when you "add mod" to KMM's list. (highlight/click the file and use the 'destination' option to set it).

Check your override directory and see if there is a ".mod" file in it. If there is, move the file to your modules folder and double-check your game....
 Hyren
12-26-2004, 11:28 AM
I only have the savegame editor, no .mod files in the override, and I have a new piece of info.

It also effects any outside area on tatooine. I can warp into buildings, but I cant leave.
 ChAiNz.2da
12-26-2004, 1:18 PM
Whoa....I'm at a loss :confused:

I don't think these files have anything to do with Tatooine (couldn't hurt though), but are the 3 .dlg files that came with TK's KSE in your override? (they should be):

cut00_convers.dlg
m12aa_c06.dlg
tar02_carth022.dlg

Also, in your first post you said removing mods didn't help, did perchance one of those mods have a ".mod" file that you didn't remove from the modules folder when you started cleaning out your override? (ie - RedHawke's Weebil & Utiinii Jawa Shop)

rhtunnels.mod
rhjawashop.mod

Can anyone else think of what may be happening?
 Hyren
12-26-2004, 2:36 PM
The only mod is save game editor. I know it wont help to remove mods cause if you look down the topic list you will find the same problem, but the answer was PMed and not posted.
 Darth Omegacron
12-27-2004, 7:38 AM
My wife had this same problem in a different part of the game. She had to go back 6 or 7 save games and play back to the point where it crashed, but that allowed her to get past that point and finish the game.

Try going back a few savegames and see if that does it for you.
Page: 1 of 1