Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

In The Death Star

Page: 1 of 1
 Jaren Dereth
04-24-2000, 12:43 PM
Flying through the Death Star in the last mission isn't too hard(the Death Star flight in "Super Return of The Jedi" for the SNES, now that was HARD) but there's one section that I just don't get. It's the area where there's a ring shaped contraption that fires containers down a shaft at high speeds.

When I enter the ring structure, it "holds" the Falcon for no apparent reason, and all the ships behind me proceed to smack into the back of the ship depleting my shields. And I'm not catching the the left side of the Falcon's bulk on anything, the ship just stops dead for about 10 seconds before getting fired off down the tube. Anyone know how to avoid this, as I really need those shields in the reactor core?

------------------
"If all the world's children were laid end to end, some would be in the ocean........"
- Anon
 K_Kinnison
04-24-2000, 1:12 PM
What is happening is you might be hitting one of the containers, not the fighters, or you hit a container..stop, and haev wedgy slma ya from behind (I learned to hate him, i thouhgt HE! was suppose ot be in front)

Go into the ocntainer room at about 50-60 MGLT, and try to delay your entry into the rings until you get right in fornt of one. You will stop for about 3 seconds, and thne be shot down the tubes at +999 MGLT, once at the end, the rings will stop you again, and you can go on to the next tunnel blasting those pipes.

One minor bug i found was that sometimes one of the contaners would get me from behind once i entered the tuinnel....it's not fun trying to shoot pipes, in a tunnel, while spinning.
 milkshake
04-24-2000, 2:00 PM
Yea wedge is a right bugger on the DSII run, I think he was on drugs or something

------------------
Charlie "Milkshake" Mitchell
Black wind squadron/Rouge Aliiance
Black 4/Rouge 8
Self proclaimed RAL Drunkard
milkshake@milkshake.co.uk

-It's an Alien!
-It's my mother in law!

-Don't eat me! Eat THIS one!

-Who's Brain is this?
 wedge_antil3
04-24-2000, 2:08 PM
HEY.....
 garyah99
04-24-2000, 4:20 PM
As a Last resort, jump into the gunner's turret for a second or two, you'll free right up http://www.xwingalliance.com/forums/wink.gif)

------------------
Every time I think I've found the end of the rainbow...I trip over it.
 Rogue 13
04-24-2000, 8:15 PM
Yes wedge does get annoying. Hes caused me to fail on the way out more than once, and he killed me by crashing into me aLOT, he won't die either.
Has anyone had the problem of when they went in the reactor room the entrance shuts and the reactor won't blow up?
 milkshake
04-24-2000, 10:24 PM
Sorry Wedge, I'll say he was drunk instead http://www.xwingalliance.com/forums/biggrin.gif)

------------------
Charlie "Milkshake" Mitchell
Black wind squadron/Rouge Aliiance
Black 4/Rouge 8
Self proclaimed RAL Drunkard
milkshake@milkshake.co.uk

-It's an Alien!
-It's my mother in law!

-Don't eat me! Eat THIS one!

-Who's Brain is this?
 Cloud
04-25-2000, 12:09 AM
Ahhh the Deathstar Tunnel Run. Fun but very buggy. And they say Wedge was a good pilot... a pilot who bumps into you too much. A pilot who cheats the mission by staying immortal. Anyway I also had another bug, for some reason, when I blow up the reactors sometime (this happen when I tried one of my 50 attempts of doing the mission Lando style. I wonder what ever happened to that film I sent to Xwingalliance.net), close(like in the movie), the mission sometime fail even though I didn't die. My only guess is that Wedge must haven't escape in time and hit the fire(if you see my film, you know what I mean)...
 Jaren Dereth
04-25-2000, 2:19 AM
Garyah99 - Thanks for the tip on jumping to the gunner's port, it worked like a charm. Thanks to it, I made it through fine, and on to the reactor and out of the DS with time to spare.

Another tip for anyone having trouble beating the explosion to the surface: Blow the reactor's North Tower yourself, and then the generator. If you do it yourself rather than let Wedge do it, you'll have more time to escape.

------------------
"If all the world's children were laid end to end, some would be in the ocean........"
- Anon
 Fondas
04-25-2000, 4:48 AM
Cloud, I had the same problem with filming the last mission ! I've never figured out why during the replay I was getting killed although I had beaten the mission ! It must be one of the numerous bugs of LEC due to the rush the game out http://www.xwingalliance.com/forums/frown.gif)

------------------
The only place where success comes prior to work, is in a dictionary ! TZG+7
 Cloud
04-26-2000, 12:22 AM
I wasn't killed when I blow up the reactor. I was alive and Wedge complaint about a mission falure for some reason? I should had finish the mission even thought it "failed" as Wedge says it.
Page: 1 of 1