Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Countdown to Nightlight launch

Page: 1 of 1
 MJ
12-23-2004, 5:44 PM
Well if anyone still goes to this forum, you might be happy to know that Nightlight will be officially launched on 1st January, 2005. Relaunched. Nightlight 3.0. It's back. Soon.

So... countdown... you ready?

8 DAYS TO RELAUNCH!!

Personally, I'm looking forward to Sal being able to show off all his hard work, and the debute of the special edition of Lost Cause
 The Adventurer
12-23-2004, 6:17 PM
NO! To sully the sacred work of Lost Cause with some satan born "Special Edition" will surrly be the end of every thing!

PURE ORIGINAL DEC-OLOGY FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!111112

Seriously though, BRING ON MORE NIGHTLIGHT! BRING IT!!!!

Oh, do we have to subscribe to get LC:TNH SE?

Oh and just as a question.... Is Terra still stuck in that legal hell that prevents you from releasing it on CD or leaving it archived on your website?
 MJ
12-23-2004, 6:32 PM
Originally posted by The Adventurer
NO! To sully the sacred work of Lost Cause with some satan born "Special Edition" will surrly be the end of every thing!

PURE ORIGINAL DEC-OLOGY FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!111112

Well if I can just say, special edition means that I have more experience, I'm wiser in my ways, listened to the original Lost Cause and was kind of appauled. So I've gone back to the original source material, re-edited it, re-mixed it. So same Lost Cause, shiny new packaging. :)

Oh, do we have to subscribe to get LC:TNH SE?

No. At this point, you won't have to subscribe to get ANYTHING. There will be benifits if you do, but you won't lose anything if you don't.

Oh and just as a question.... Is Terra still stuck in that legal hell that prevents you from releasing it on CD or leaving it archived on your website?

Tierra de los Muertos is, I'm very happy to say, out of legal hell. Just to make the decision extra difficult, it's going to be released with a choice of two covers: one a drawing by cartoonist John Cook, and the other with 3D models by our very own Sal.

He just doesn't know that yet. :)
 The Adventurer
12-23-2004, 7:57 PM
Originally posted by 8 of 12
Well if I can just say, special edition means that I have more experience, I'm wiser in my ways, listened to the original Lost Cause and was kind of appauled. So I've gone back to the original source material, re-edited it, re-mixed it. So same Lost Cause, shiny new packaging. :)

Oh I'm just being silly. You know, ragging on you making a special Edition like George Lucas did.... you know making those Special Editions of the films you parody....so I was all "O-Nos! Teh Evil!!!11"....

Man, i'm not very funny.....gess that's why we pay you the big bucks.:)
 Sallim
12-23-2004, 9:10 PM
Originally posted by 8 of 12
Tierra de los Muertos is, I'm very happy to say, out of legal hell. Just to make the decision extra difficult, it's going to be released with a choice of two covers: one a drawing by cartoonist John Cook, and the other with 3D models by our very own Sal.

He just doesn't know that yet. :)

LOL, thank you very much. There arent much images so far so its not a big deal. Anyway ... Thank you!

Good that the relaunch is coming, Iam glad.

This is getting great... :D
 Holdios
12-24-2004, 7:29 AM
Long live Nightlight!
 MJ
12-24-2004, 1:28 PM
SEVEN DAYS! THE NIGHTLIGHT IS NIGH!!

Have a merry X-Mas, everyone. I'm really panicking about the site being finished in time :D

Been up since 4am. Stupid family being three hours ahead. I need a smiley face with cracked eyes. :)
 MJ
12-25-2004, 10:49 PM
SIX DAYS

Seventh kind of sanity - being the only one replying to your own thread :confused:
 Sallim
12-26-2004, 9:19 AM
Sorry, I will start count the day before ;)

Beside that, the forum was down at night or maybe a bit longer.
 MJ
12-26-2004, 6:32 PM
FIVE DAYS

UNLESS of course nobody really cares whether or not Nightlight is launched, then the countdown doesn't really matter. In that case I can go with

THREE HUNDRED AND SIXTY FIVE DAYS...

:)
 Sallim
12-26-2004, 10:57 PM
YAY!

I guess its vacation time...

hey and dont joke like that ;)

Five days, this is not much time Matt, how far are you ?! XD
 Holdios
12-27-2004, 9:06 AM
nobody cares? You ****in' kidding me 8? lol, I've lived for this day!
 MJ
12-27-2004, 5:03 PM
FOUR DAYS

Anyone got any more questions about the relaunch?

Oh, and I don't know if anyone has noticed the signature yet...

:rolleyes:
 Sallim
12-28-2004, 12:55 AM
I Did, but I was to unsure to ask about it. I thought it could be moths ago now that you have added it and I missed it
^_^

4 days ouch!
 Incredible_d
12-28-2004, 11:12 AM
This is gonna be one happy new year. I was bummed out because I had to spend half of my Christmas break in Kansas (for the non United Staters, that's a particularly boring part of America which is in the continent's dead center). But here is the light at the end of the tunnel! Nightlight's coming back online, amigos! Booya!

Hey Holdo, we should have some kind of party to celebrate. Guinness, anyone? (BRILLIANT!)
 Holdios
12-28-2004, 5:49 PM
Hey D. Get a shorter signature you meddling two faced ostrocized noodle of a sonuva gun. Bahahahahaha

yes... yes we should... Let's ask your avatar what the beer should come in... :D
 Incredible_d
12-28-2004, 7:35 PM
(MY ATTEMPT TO USE BRIT SLANG)

Well Holdo, a party... that would depend on whether or not you were busy New Years... or any other day for that bloody matter. And whether or not we can get any other local blokes over to get blotto'd.

And whether or not we can get guinness. Slag that one around, mate.

By the way, I'll be home tomorrow. Er, Wednesday, December 29th. Sometime in the mid afternoon.

a-HEM. That degenerated into more of my personal life. My apologies to all those on the forums.

BTW, Holdios' comment about my avatar refers to the musician Tom Waits. If you ain't listened to him, you bennies bloody well missed the lyrical genius of the latter 'alf of the century.
 MJ
12-28-2004, 11:40 PM
Doing buggerall on new years. Probably sitting behind a keyboard panicking about how the hell I'm supposed to finish off this website. :rolleyes:

My signature is courtesy of a book I'm working on, called Casi Muerte. It's best described as 'Doctor Suess on crack'
 MJ
12-28-2004, 11:44 PM
Incidently,

THREE DAYS
 LiMP RABBiT
12-29-2004, 6:16 AM
WOOOHOOO etcetera etcetera.

What a way to start the new year. Thanks 8 and Sal and all those other people who helped push the new website forward. I can't wait to see it and experience all the wonders of nightlight again.

*faints with excitement*
 MJ
12-29-2004, 4:38 PM
TWO DAYS

Welcome back, Rabbit. I was wondering when you would show up. :)
 Sallim
12-30-2004, 7:41 AM
Holy Zebra, just 2 days...I goin crazy! :D

Have to work on somethin... XD
 MJ
12-30-2004, 5:25 PM
ONE DAY

*sigh*
Look guys, I'll level with you: if it's done, it's done. It might be, but I'm not going to rush it. It isn't far off though. I just have site pages to create and tweak. Sorry. This is pretty low of me. I'll do my best, promise.
 The Adventurer
12-31-2004, 2:27 AM
Take your time 8, we've waited this long after all. Man, checking and rechecking this forum about once a week has paid off, I don't know how hard I would have kicked myself if I had missed the relaunch.

NIGHTLIGHT 4EVER!!!!
 MJ
12-31-2004, 9:44 PM
ZERO DAYS

Good news, bad news.

Good news is the website is pretty much done. I'm puttering around putting the finishing touches on a few pages, but it's pretty much done. It'll be done today.

Bad news is, I can't login to the news pages to put the frontpage news up. The password I've been given isn't working. I've e-mailed Metallus, but there isn't really a lot I can do about that at the moment.

As soon as I get the login info, Nightlight will go live. And I hope it doesn't dissapoint anyone. It isn't super good yet, it'll be a work in progress, but Nightlight is back.
 MJ
01-01-2005, 2:27 AM
Okay. It's still January 1st. And I have four hours left (even more really, because it's January 1st somewhere)

Hoo. Nightlight is going to make it. It'll happen.

Been a long day. :D

Hey Sal! I have the pictures of Colin Hay all ready for you! Depends if you know what a poncho is though. :)
 Incredible_d
01-01-2005, 4:29 AM
Well, for me you have more than 12 hours. Heh. For me AND Holdios and anybody in the U.S.
Page: 1 of 1