Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Vehicle Spawning Help!

Page: 1 of 1
 KitchenKnif
12-23-2004, 4:57 PM
:atat: :atat: :fett: :deathii: :deathstar :jawa :ewok:
When i spawn a vehicle (Npc Spawn Vehicle ...)
I can never get them to fire does anyone know how to
fix that?
 razorace
12-23-2004, 7:25 PM
You mean the vehicles aren't able to shoot like they're supposed to? Never heard of that happening before. Which vehicles?
 KitchenKnif
12-24-2004, 5:39 AM
I mean like when you use a cheats to spawn a vehicle and none of them (exept for the swoop) fire! for example x-wing , tie -fighter, tie-bomber, atst none fire and i know the atst does!!! :confused:
 razorace
12-24-2004, 8:09 AM
Are you talking about MP or SP?
 KitchenKnif
12-24-2004, 8:20 AM
SP
 razorace
12-24-2004, 2:07 PM
The SP vehicles act differently than the MP vehicles. My guess is that they just don't have weapons.
 KitchenKnif
12-24-2004, 3:23 PM
I read in Not Enough Customization for Full Version? Try these Cheats! (*SPOILERS*) that they all have both shooting modes!
:band: :band: :band:
 Kroven
01-17-2005, 5:43 AM
what? no, never heard of it happening..
 Kurgan
01-21-2005, 1:19 PM
They do fire. But IIRC, the starships don't fire until you "take off" in them.

It's been a long time since I've messed with vehicles in SP, so this might be wrong, but in MP for example you hold "jump" to "take off" in a ship. Once you "lift off" you can continue to hold jump to "boost" or you can release jump and just hold "forward" to fly normally after lifting off.

Once you're flying you should be able to fire with the primary and secondary fire buttons like normaly. Hitting "use item" (NOT "use".. this will cause you to eject and likely crash and die if you're in a ship) will switch firing modes for your primary weapon. For example the X-Wing can fire each of the four "barrels" individually or it can fire them all at once. Hit the use item button to toggle back and forth. Your lasers recharge, but your missiles do not.

Again, this is MP info, so some of it could be different from SP.

But trust me, they DO fire, so if they don't, check your keys, something must be wrong on your end.
 KitchenKnif
01-21-2005, 6:53 PM
in SP that does not happen...
Page: 1 of 1