Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

(WIP) Zabrak Horns

Page: 1 of 1
 Scarab23
12-22-2004, 12:01 PM
Hi,
I'm new to modding KOTOR but I've had some modding expierence modding other games.

This is a little project of mine to add playable zabraks to the game. Since we can't model new heads (AFAIK) I figured I'd use the head equipment slot to make horns. I used the aural amplifier mesh as a reference and then offset the horns so they would fit on the character's head. They function as if they were a part of the characters head, except they have to be equipped in the head slot.

Here's the screenshots. (The first zabrak is based on the Star Wars Galaxies concept, which is a little more human looking than darth maul.)

Zabrak01 (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v326/Scarab23/Zabrak_01.jpg) )

Zabrak02 (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v326/Scarab23/Zabrak_02.jpg) )

Dath Maul01 (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v326/Scarab23/Darth_Maul_01.jpg) )

Darth Maul02 (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v326/Scarab23/Darth_Maul_02.jpg) )

I haven't figured out 2da editing yet, so right now they actually replace the aural amp item. But if there's interest I'll try to finish a couple more models and release a non-replacing version.
 Mono_Giganto
12-22-2004, 12:04 PM
That's pretty good, but to make it unique all you have to do is change the model variation and then hex edit the model accordingly.
 Scarab23
12-22-2004, 12:54 PM
Doh I'm confused, I thought I needed a uti file and all that junk?

Could you explain the procedure for editing the model? I'm familar with hex editing but is there a specific string I need to change?
 svцsh
12-22-2004, 1:37 PM
Ok extract any mask uti in the numvar slot change it to 58 or something to help matters name it something easy in the Template res ref and the tag ex: horns Back in 3d click the aroura base and change the name to I_Mask_058. Then assign your custom texture in gmax/ max to the model no need to hex a model when you’re the one building it ;)

all your missing is an icon image so open an existing one copy it, edit it, and rename it. So it fallows your magic number of 58 your icon name should be ii_mask_058.tga [ this number is just for this example ] but as far as I know no one has used that number yet so it will also be compatible with others mods.

When your done drop all 5 files in override

in the game open consol and type the name of your uti

like giveitem horns

hope this helps

svцsh
 viscen
12-22-2004, 2:58 PM
what server do u play on in galaxies
 Koshir0
12-22-2004, 3:35 PM
Is Darth Maul a Zabrak?:confused:
 Bobo
12-22-2004, 5:01 PM
1. Yes darth maul is a zabrak
2. not to be racist but is there caucasion horns too?
3. Hello, im a SWG player too. Zabrak Jedi on Tarquinas :)
4. Awsome work. although i beleve Xavier2 was working on a Darth Maul, it would be wonderful to add alot more zabraks into the game!

--bobo:c3po:
 Koshir0
12-22-2004, 5:14 PM
Originally posted by Master Bobo
1. Yes darth maul is a zabrak
2. not to be racist but is there caucasion horns too?
3. Hello, im a SWG player too. Zabrak Jedi on Tarquinas :)
4. Awsome work. although i beleve Xavier2 was working on a Darth Maul, it would be wonderful to add alot more zabraks into the game!

--bobo:c3po:

Is there some website where you can learn about these Star Wars characters?
 Evil Dark Jedi
12-22-2004, 6:46 PM
Originally posted by viscen
what server do u play on in galaxies

That is completely off-topic. ;)

Nice model man. Keep it up. :thumbsup:
 Darkkender
12-22-2004, 7:18 PM
I must say I'm impressed. You know this gives me an idea to see if we can't apply a item in one of the hidden item slots that provides the change that a mask does. If it can be done then instead of having it planted in the main slot you can have zabraks that use masks even. Of course the second part would also need seperate disguise properties. Now I understand that we can't make "NEW" head models but can't we make alterations to the existing heads attached to the body now? If that can be done then you wouldn't have to have an item slot taken up.
 Pontus90
12-22-2004, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by Koshir0
Is there some website where you can learn about these Star Wars characters?

yep www.starwars.com/databank)
 PoM
12-23-2004, 2:10 AM
Are you sure that you figured that out?
Xavier2 did the same thing earlier here (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=137627&perpage=40&pagenumber=3)
However, the more horns we get, the better :D
Not every Zabrak has the same.
 Koshir0
12-23-2004, 3:25 AM
Originally posted by Pontus90
yep www.starwars.com/databank)

Thanks for the link. :)
 Renegade Angel
12-23-2004, 4:10 AM
Very Nice!:D
Any idea when theyre going to be released?;)
 Scarab23
12-23-2004, 1:03 PM
K, I made new uti's for each set of horns and they no longer replace anything. I have 5 horns modeled, 2 that fit the black bald head and 2 on the asian, plus a Darth Maul style that fits Zhoken's texture. Once I finish the textures on the faces I'll post screens.

I think I still have to figure out how to edit a new Heads.2da before I can release them otherwise they'll replace the old heads. And it will prolly be a few days before I get to that since its the 23rd and I still don't have my xmas shopping done! :eek:

Koshir0: Another good site for info is The unofficial Star Wars encyclopedia (http://www1.theforce.net/cuswe/)

Piece of Metal: I just found out KOTOR was moddable like last week, so I had no idea if anyone had done something like this, its just something I figured out for myself. I've seen some of Xavier's work though it looks awesome. Looks like he and a couple moddelers have figured out how to get entire new clothing / amor meshes in the game, so we're all in for some cool new stuff.
 Koshir0
12-23-2004, 2:19 PM
Thanks for the link Scarab23. :D
 PoM
12-24-2004, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by Scarab23

Piece of Metal: I just found out KOTOR was moddable like last week, so I had no idea if anyone had done something like this, its just something I figured out for myself. I've seen some of Xavier's work though it looks awesome. Looks like he and a couple moddelers have figured out how to get entire new clothing / amor meshes in the game, so we're all in for some cool new stuff.

A week?
Ehh..Nice job!
We'll see if you two guys can make those mods compatible, we need horns!:D
 Juha Avery
01-10-2005, 9:23 AM
So is the mod had any updates? When will it be ready for beta test if theres going to be beta or just a full release?
Page: 1 of 1