Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Art Deco

Page: 1 of 1
 Philocleon
12-21-2004, 9:36 AM
Don't you just love the art deco style used in GF? I mean, it's just so cool. I mean, what the Chrysler building, in all its art deco glory, represents is basically the Jazz Age, and in GF we get a look at that age. Take a look at this Ronson cigarette lighter.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/38266000/jpg/_38266966_lighter.jpg)

Nifty design, eh?
 Thrik
12-21-2004, 10:13 AM
Yeah, the style is great. I'm studying the art deco movement as part of my course at the moment, it's pretty interesting. Some of the buildings and artwork I've looked at looks like it was pulled straight from Grim Fandango.

One day my home shall by built in an art deco fashion. ;D
 Shuz
12-22-2004, 4:08 AM
Yes Art Deco is wonderful. It's modern, classy and dignified. My appreciation for Art Deco was spawned from GF. One day I'll go to New York check out all the great buildings they have there (and maybe pretend I was in El Marrow hehe)
 Philocleon
12-22-2004, 9:10 AM
I've got just the thing for you. link (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0823002845/qid=1103742512/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/102-9696302-4750545?v=glance&s=books) This book is all about art deco in New York. Myself, I would like to go and check out the Chrysaler Building. That building is just so damn cool looking, I love it. Heck, when I came to New York once I came into Grand Central Station, and seeing the station was impressive enough, but as soon as i stepped outside the first thing I saw when I looked up was the Chrysaler Building. Damn, welcome to New York indeed.
 El Virus
12-23-2004, 3:45 PM
Art Deco is just amazing, too bad it's too expensive for the contemporary times.
My father worships this sort of architecture, he's full of books about it. They day he saw me play GF, he stayed watching El Marrow for a while.
 Shuz
12-24-2004, 8:14 PM
Thank you for that link! I have been looking for a book like that. It's hard to find anything about Art Deco in a large photographic form that I can show to other people.
Page: 1 of 1