Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

dialogue skipped

Page: 1 of 1
 shangoman
12-17-2004, 9:23 PM
when I enter dialogue scenes with NPCs, i click on an option or use keyboard the NPC's entire dialogue is skipped and the dialogue goes straight to my response choices. Any ideas in what the problem might be would be greatly appreciated.

Thx in advance for any assistance
 Darth333
12-18-2004, 3:45 AM
You don't have to click when an npc is speaking just watch and wait. Most ( about 99%) dialogues are set to skippable so that when you press a key, it will go straight to your answer (quite useful when you play the game for the x time or you are testing some mods)
 shangoman
12-18-2004, 5:48 AM
Not what I meant. I click on Bastila, choices come up for what I want to ask her, I click a choice or use KB to and her dialogue is skipped, no voice, it just goes straight to my next set of response choices to what she just said (the stuff I missed) and of course I only see the last thing she said above the dialogue frame.

I am not clicking to skip the dialogue it seems to be doing on it's own. I have the Hallowan Plug-in installed but nothing in the readme file says anything about skipping dialogue.

Thx again for any suggestions or assistance.
 Darth333
12-18-2004, 6:22 AM
that's weird. I heard Maverick had the same problems. Do you have any mods installed and if yes, which ones?
 ChAiNz.2da
12-18-2004, 7:21 AM
Originally posted by shangoman
Not what I meant. I click on Bastila, choices come up for what I want to ask her, I click a choice or use KB to and her dialogue is skipped, no voice, it just goes straight to my next set of response choices to what she just said (the stuff I missed) and of course I only see the last thing she said above the dialogue frame.

I am not clicking to skip the dialogue it seems to be doing on it's own. I have the Hallowan Plug-in installed but nothing in the readme file says anything about skipping dialogue.

Thx again for any suggestions or assistance.

Hey shangoman, is this happening with all of your NPC dialogues or just Bastila? I had a similiar problem at one point in time and it was because the particular dialog was linked to a "give item" script (a Mod of course). But it only happened with that NPC and only at that particluar point in the game (when the item was to be given to me)... (it was Juhani/Belaya in my case, when I was testing different "givescripts" for my Juhani Dark Robe Mod).

It may be just a dialog/script error, if it's just with one particular NPC :giveup:
 shangoman
12-18-2004, 7:38 AM
Halowan plugin: Ebon Hawk basement, Exar Kun's Tomb, Evil Temple, Bastila exlusive Undies, Achilles Padawan Mod, Hardcore mod, jedi trainer, kotor arena, manaan fish fest, RH elder merchant mod, RH Ord Mandell mod, RH javashop, Shores of death, and survival mod, personal robes and head reskins and sabers.

Everything has worked for numerous runs thru the game, Halowan plugin stuff was last thing added, I've removed them but no change in dialogue.

Thanks again for you help.
 shangoman
12-18-2004, 8:26 AM
Originally posted by ChAiNz
Hey shangoman, is this happening with all of your NPC dialogues or just Bastila? I had a similiar problem at one point in time and it was because the particular dialog was linked to a "give item" script (a Mod of course). But it only happened with that NPC and only at that particluar point in the game (when the item was to be given to me)... (it was Juhani/Belaya in my case, when I was testing different "givescripts" for my Juhani Dark Robe Mod).

It may be just a dialog/script error, if it's just with one particular NPC :giveup:

If it is a give item script how would I fix prob? Cause I'm at the point in dialogue with Bastila b4 quest, the flirty , juicy stuff... ;)

It happpens mostly with Bastila, what I discovered is if I skip alot of dialogue with an NPC then ALL the dialogue with that NPC gets skipped. Almost as if the game learns that I want to skip thru dialogues, but it does seem to want to unlearn skipping the dialogues.:confused:

Thx again for the help.
 PoM
01-05-2005, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by shangoman
[B
It happpens mostly with Bastila, what I discovered is if I skip alot of dialogue with an NPC then ALL the dialogue with that NPC gets skipped. Almost as if the game learns that I want to skip thru dialogues, but it does seem to want to unlearn skipping the dialogues.:confused:

Thx again for the help. [/B]

:eek: Hehe...Bioware have created Artificial intelligence...
Oh well, do all the mods work for you?
Do you use KMM?
 shangoman
01-16-2005, 9:53 AM
Ya I use KMM, all the mods I have installed works fine. KMM doesn't seem to work right for me tho. When I uninstall a mod it does not seem to delete the files from the game directories and I have to do it manually based on the file list in KMM or the readme with the mod.
 tk102
01-17-2005, 11:18 AM
Do you have the following file in your Override directory?:
k_hbas_dialog.dlg

If so, can you figure out which mod it came from?

Also, try removing it from your override and see if the behavior persists. (This will affect one of your mods somehow.)
 Jedianakinsolo
02-01-2005, 5:01 AM
I have the same problem, but it's not just bastila, for me, it's everyone. I have the Clonetrooper armor mod installed, and I think that's it.... I'll delete it to make sure that' not what it is, but it was working fine even after I had it.
 DarthVandar205
02-17-2005, 2:31 PM
KOTOR II skips dialogue when ive taken too many screenshots with my screenshot utility I have so I just remove the shots ive taken when they get that high. Otherwise it never skips dialogue.
 Achilles
02-17-2005, 3:27 PM
Originally posted by Jedianakinsolo
I have the same problem, but it's not just bastila, for me, it's everyone. I have the Clonetrooper armor mod installed, and I think that's it.... I'll delete it to make sure that' not what it is, but it was working fine even after I had it. This is a problem that KotOR and TSL both have. Exiting from the game and reloading will clear it up. I think it has something to do with the memory cache or something.

Very annoying but easily fixable :D
 Darth n00b
02-23-2005, 5:16 AM
I have the same problem.
Not so very much in the first, but in the second it got REALY iritating.
Manny important places and scenes got skiped..

To get rid of it do I quick save and quick load a couple of times.
If that don't work I restart...
 DarthVandar205
02-23-2005, 11:55 AM
The game tends to do this more when you run low on memory. So just exit the game *possibly restart your pc too if youre having alot of problems* and then just go back in and try again. Also make sure that youre not running any other programs in the background as this can slow the game down and eat up a whole lot of memory. Usually it only skips dialogue with characters in certain places and doesnt do it all of the time unless youre really low on memory.
 Jedianakinsolo
02-24-2005, 12:24 PM
I have restarted, not the quickload and stuff, but I have restarted, but I'll try the memory thing... That may be it. Gotta 19 gig base harddrive, but I'll try that. Otherwise, any other ideas?
 DarthVandar205
02-24-2005, 1:03 PM
I havent seen the game skip dialogue any other time except when im low on memory and or when there are other programs running. The rest of the time it runs fine so unless you have those problems then it must have something to do with the game and possibly you just need to wait till they come out with a patch for it and hope that it fixes the problem.

It could be something wrong with your computer too but I cant think of anything that could cause that which would be computer related so beyond the two things I mentioned above its probably just an issue with the game itself.
 Codja X
03-02-2005, 7:59 AM
I had that problem once when Force Speed was active - I don't know if that was the cause or not, but it might be worth checking out (make sure that you don't have any other Stat boosters active as well)
 Dauntless101
03-06-2005, 12:14 PM
When you say low on memory, do you mean, like, hard drive space? I've got over 1 gig left, and 768 mb ram if thats what you mean. This problem is so irritating, and i dunno how to get rid of it :(
Page: 1 of 1