Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

WIP - Jedi Duel Arena

Page: 1 of 1
 Doom_Dealer
12-17-2004, 8:49 AM
Work in Progress - Jedi Dueling Arena by Doom Dealer

OK all, this is a mod ive wanted to do for a very long time, but never bothered. I decided to take it up and get it done as I didn't really have any major modding plans until Sith Lords.

Anyway, down to business.

I think most of us loved the taris duel arena, and were dissapointed that it was only really applied in taris. The Arena mod (probably one of my all tiem favourite mods) satisfied many but it was a seperate area, with enemies only a luckt level 20 character could take down.

Well, Im in the proccess of making a Jedi style dueling arena which is linked into the game as more of a sidequest, abit like swoop racing, which you can come back to and enjoy at whatever stage in the game you are. There are over 30 opponents, ranging from level 6-20, so you can effectively progress through this area as you play the game. The area itself is done, i just need to create and put in all the characters, which should take around a week maximum (if that).

There are four 'sections' of dueling the arena, these are:

1. 'The Training Room' - majority of oppenents are droids, levels from 6-12. This area is designed for lower level players. I.e. ones that are on or have probably just left the Dantooine section of the game. - duels take place in the training room.

2. 'The Padawan League' - Five Jedi Padawan opponents to choose from, levels from around 10-14, these are easier jedi designed to be taken on at around level 12. - duels take place in the main arena.

3. 'The Jedi Knight league' - 5 opponents to choose from, all Jedi KNight class, leveled 15-19. This league is designed for Jedi at a later stage in the game, i.e. players level 15+. - duels take place in the main arena.

4. 'The Jedi Master league' - 5 opponents to choose from, all level 20 with Malak style stats (at minimum). Near suicidal taking them on, very very hard fights (and thats an understatement). Opponents include Master Zhar, Master Vandar, Master Dorak. But, great rewards for beating these opponens.

This should hopefully be ready for testing in a few days and be out within 2 weeks (fingers crossed).

Anyway, screenshots:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v158/DoomDealer/KotOR0018.jpg)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v158/DoomDealer/KotOR0017.jpg)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v158/DoomDealer/KotOR0005.jpg)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v158/DoomDealer/KotOR0003.jpg)

Ok, i'll update in a few days. And possibly with news on the Sith Academy version.

Thats me done :)

Doom out
 Prime
12-17-2004, 9:06 AM
Pretty cool! :)
 Colma Adawin
12-17-2004, 10:00 AM
SWEET SWEET SWEET SWEET SWEET SWEET SWEET SWEET SWEET SWEET SWEET SWEET SWEET SWEET SWEET SWEET SWEET SWEET SWEET SWEET SWEET SWEET SWEET SWEET SWEET SWEET SWEET SWEET SWEET SWEET SWEET SWEET SWEET SWEET SWEET SWEET SWEET SWEET SWEET SWEET SWEET SWEET SWEET SWEET SWEET SWEET SWEET SWEET SWEET SWEET SWEET SWEET SWEET SWEET SWEET SWEET SWEET SWEET SWEET SWEET

did i metion SWEET!!!!

dude i WILL MAKE THIS A PRIORITY DL!!!!

MattCole
 Darkkender
12-17-2004, 10:20 AM
BOOM, BOOM, CLAP, BOOM, BOOM, CLAP--DOOM WILL, DOOM WILL ROCK YOU!!

But really this totally rocks man.
 Renegade Angel
12-17-2004, 4:11 PM
OMG!
Cant wait!
This looks awsoe!!!:D
 RedHawke
12-17-2004, 7:20 PM
:wstupid: Very, very cool DD! :D

I can't wait to check it out. ;)
 Hybris
12-17-2004, 7:30 PM
I can just see it Master Hybris the Warsmith vs 10,000 dark jedi all lvl 20 with insane stats that are in theroy impossible to beat without some KSE stat editing.

The PC gameing world is always needing more violince in its mods.

Good job I will keep a eye or two on this...Thats if my internet connection holds.
 Mav
12-17-2004, 7:38 PM
sounds cool DD
 Doom_Dealer
12-18-2004, 1:43 AM
Originally posted by Hybris
I can just see it Master Hybris the Warsmith vs 10,000 dark jedi all lvl 20 with insane stats that are in theroy impossible to beat without some KSE stat editing.

The PC gameing world is always needing more violince in its mods.

Good job I will keep a eye or two on this...Thats if my internet connection holds.

Erm, you seem to have the wrong idea. It's a Jedi arena for starters, no dark jedi. And its designed to fit realistically into the game, as they are jedi they're not excatly death matches, also, at the moment it works as in teh original Arena mod. You select your oponent from the dialgoue tree and you warp into the arena to face them.

Would you prefer to be able to pick as many as oponents as you like or just hvae single battles??? - a warning if you want to be able to face multiple oponents it will take longer because i will have to rescript the entrire thing.

---edit--

in fact, what about a team challenge???? with your entire party vs. another party of 3 jedi, as i said it will take longer but can you wait??
 DarthMarv
12-18-2004, 2:07 AM
no we can't wait ,but we have time if you need more time to released it :bdroid2: :evanpiel:
 Darkkender
12-18-2004, 4:49 AM
Originally posted by Doom_Dealer
in fact, what about a team challenge???? with your entire party vs. another party of 3 jedi, as i said it will take longer but can you wait??

YES, I Mean No, I mean Yes.:(

You could always do the basic and then provide updates with the features as add-ons.:rolleyes:
 Doom_Dealer
12-18-2004, 5:10 AM
OK guys,

ive linked the area in fine when on Dantooine, i.e. an npcs spawns at a unavoidable dialogue.

BUT

i need ideas of where it can go after dantooine is destroyed, as at the time the player is around level 15ish, not levl 20 which is needed to defeat any of the Jedi masters.

any ideas??
 DarthMarv
12-18-2004, 5:25 AM
i have an idea , but i think its not so good : 1. you can make for dark players the jedi masters to korriban (or) 2. you can make a new planet with the jedis (but its to difficult i think ) sorry not much ideas ;)
 Darkkender
12-18-2004, 5:26 AM
Relocate the entire thing to Manaan. Then your level won't matter especially if people know to go to Manaan. Also if you place it there maybe you and Darth333 can have that cameo of deadeye duncan having been spawned there by her.:D He could be your trigger if she allows it?
Page: 1 of 1