Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Item and Model Trouble

Page: 1 of 1
 Fearless_Jedi
12-16-2004, 7:50 AM
Is it possible to change the model that goes with a certain item and just that item.

I am trying to change the Dark Jedi Master robes into the Sith Master/Governor Robes but I cant do it without messing up the rest of the robes that use the same model....is there a way to change the base model that a certain item uses through scripting.....it is the only way I haven't tried.
 Darkkender
12-16-2004, 8:16 AM
what your going to want to start with is creating a new baseitems.2da entry for the item.

you will need to edit your uti files outside of kotor tool with a outside gff editor once you change the baseitems reference.

the rest of the information covered by Redhawke in your other thread should be applied. If I can I'll try to come up with some more comprehensive instructions later. but if somebody else beats me to it great.
 Achilles
12-18-2004, 1:58 PM
Depending on how complicated you try to get, all you should need is Kotor Tool and a good hex editor.

If you're trying to make a custom robe based on the existing model/texture, then extract the model that you're basing the item on.

Use the hex editor to change the texture references in the model to the texture that you're going to use.

Then use KT to create an item with your new model reference in the .uti.

It's been a while but I'm pretty sure that sums up what you need to do. I hope that helps.
 cchargin
12-18-2004, 4:14 PM
Hello,

Use the hex editor to change the texture references in the model to the texture that you're going to use.

Don't forget that the latest version of MDLOps has the ability to rename textures in a model.
 Fearless_Jedi
12-18-2004, 4:52 PM
Thanks Guys I appreciate it but does anyone have a tutorial or just some basic info on how to use a hex editor.....mainly what files(File string-ex: .mdl) that it edits.
 T7nowhere
12-18-2004, 10:48 PM
If you only want to change the texture for a model use the renamer function in mdlops 0.4.1 http://home.comcast.net/~cchargin/kotor/index.html)
Page: 1 of 1