Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Film

Page: 1 of 1
 Ackehallgren
12-16-2004, 1:03 AM
***Header***
Well, I just want to say that this is NOT the start of a project on my part. I am not hiring modders or anything for this project, since I am not starting it. This is just an idea, and for what I am concerned it will stay just an idea. If anyone else does it, thanks or no thanks to me I would be very happy to see any and all results.

***Ok, Idea***

I just thought, that since the DF MOD team modelled the new maps with a lot more dynamic stuff like ships and lightning and stuff, it really felt like a star wars place, with logic. Not just a map to run through. The thoughts like how did these stormies all get to the sec base? The answer is now there, there is a hangar door and a small door beside it, and a ship just outside. I also had a feeling (although this might just be me) that the empire was finished with this base, and was packing up, hence all the boxes and containers. That's why there would be little or almost no imperial forces left on the base, since they probably are gonna destroy it when they are done there anyway. It felt like more than an objective to me, it felt like an actual place, with a real depth. So, with this, I was thinking how great a movie here would be! I mean I have NO IDEA how hard it is to make kyle/stormies/blastershots move but it would be really awesome if someone with a good sense of pictures and colors and angles would, with a talanted enough team made a film based on the first three levels of DF.

This would also be a chance to show Kyle in another POV, since all we ever see him in is first person. I mean, to see Kyle, in these graphics dodge blaster shots, dive through glass or simply stealth around would be awesome! This would really be a dream come true for me to see this, however I think it is a lot of work and has therefore not been done before. Just to make things clear, I AM NOT MAKING THIS MOVIE! 'Tis was just an idea :)
 MikeGunther1969
12-16-2004, 4:32 AM
I too have often given much thought to a DF Feature film. I may be 35, but I'm still the 8-year old boy who saw SW for the first time on the inside, when it comes to imigination, creativity, and film/storybook fantasy.

Much like our Lucasforums friend Ack (for short), I have had great visions of what the SW/DF movie(s) should be. There is far too much material from LEC, and the Modding Community to do just one feature film, let alone a small fan film.

Seeing as how I do not have the resources, materials, training, skills, and the absolutely enormous budget it takes to do a feature film, let alone even a good quality fanflim (I've done my research and the best ones have been in the $18,000 - $35,000 range), I too must wait for the greatest movies which will never be made.

Ain't that a kick in the gazotts!!:snear: :swear:
 Ackehallgren
12-16-2004, 5:10 AM
There has actually been made a Katarn fan film, and two sequels is in production.

However, I would really want to see a non-rendered in game game. Cause no real actor (xept Jason Court) can be "the real deal Kyle" :D

Thoughts? Ideas? Would the movie (in our minds that is) contain like some extra plot like Jan's job or extra dialouge or anything?
 The_One
12-16-2004, 12:29 PM
I've actually thought about doing this. It wouldn't be too tricky to do, and since we're now up and running in the MP engine, we could set up shots in all kinds of ways.

I have the knowledge and software required to do it, but I'd need some help with various things. It's a project I may well undertake in the Summer, when I've got less things going on, and more spare time ;)
 MikeGunther1969
12-16-2004, 3:41 PM
Originally posted by The_One
I've actually thought about doing this. It wouldn't be too tricky to do, and since we're now up and running in the MP engine, we could set up shots in all kinds of ways.

I have the knowledge and software required to do it, but I'd need some help with various things. It's a project I may well undertake in the Summer, when I've got less things going on, and more spare time ;)

Rich,

Sounds like you are planning a JA Movie version of this discussion....or do you mean you actually have the real film know how?
 Ackehallgren
12-16-2004, 11:40 PM
Well, hopefully a JA version... Cause as I said... It is hard to be Kyle. And it is definately hard to find the locations from DF :D

Anyhow, if done right this film can be not only cool, but beautiful! I mean with the right angles, colors and all... Awesome The_One I hope you suceed.... If you want help I'll help :D
Page: 1 of 1