Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

So... uh... still worth buying this game now? Answer: great game!

Page: 1 of 2
 Doctor Shaft
12-14-2004, 6:24 PM
Yeah, I know this kind of thread is probably annoying by now, especially this late in the game.

I was watching the forums for a while, and for months I'd see the game sitting on the shelves, but I just kept thinking "Naw, there just isn't going to be the interesting stuff that I used to get involved in with JO, I don't think many people place this one anymore." So I never bought it.

I know the price has gone down... but it's still in that range where I'd buy it, think to myself that it is cheaper, but that in the end I may not get to do much with it at all. I know there's a couple mods out there, like Forcemod, but from what I could tell... that's about it.

Yeah, there's the other ones, like the JK mods, the Dark Force mod, the AOTC mod, etc.... but you can understand if I'm not going to base my decision on the hope that they actually get released.

So, advice? Would you buy it now if you already owned JO, etc. I know they've got more sabers, and that's cool... but I can't justify buying the game for just that.

Thanks if you have the time to answer.
 TK-8252
12-14-2004, 6:53 PM
If you want the rest of the Jedi Knight story in single player, it gets the job done.

If you want a multiplayer game, NO. I do not recommend multiplayer. The corrupt modding community has made mods that allow certain players to cheat, and others helpless. This spands across 99% of the servers. The majority of the community is overall really stupid no matter where you go. Even servers running the more respectable mods like ForceMod, MovieBattles II, etc. have been taken over by corruption and idiocy.

I left Jedi Academy for Star Wars Battlefront and found this transition very pleasing.
 Nokill
12-14-2004, 7:46 PM
i agree whit TK-8252
there are so many people in this game that cheat
like poking yawnspeed and what more moves thay come up whit
adminabuse is 100 times wors then in JO
if i whas you i woud yust stay whit JO

and it is indeed a MADHOUSE out there
all servers are full of players that can't fight at all only
thay know how to fix there mouse speed
and evryone is angry aboud something and if you say one
thing you get kickt or banned

Raven shoud make an update that will make the game
better :(
to bad thay won't

- there is no honor anymore -
 Doctor Shaft
12-14-2004, 8:42 PM
Wow...

so it's gotten worse, eh? Well, I suspected as much. Gone were the days when JK++ was around, and Promod, and all the other cool things that were going on.

Well, thanks for the input and information. That pretty much summed up what I was thinking every time I looked at the game.

I wanted perhaps to just play the game with my brother. I know that at least with him we can set up a cool game, but I'm not willing to spend the money on it just for a few games.
 cerasi* pennin
12-15-2004, 12:04 AM
I ahve played Star wars jedi knight: jedi academy through three times and still get suprised by things hiding around the corner or some where! :bdroid2:

You can play this game as many times as you want, and I promise that you won't get bord!

There is fight after fight after duel:saberb: :saberr:

New mysteries and twists in all the missions :deathii:

And you get the chance to ride a speeder, snow thingie and stout walkers!:atat: :x-wing:

Trust me it's realy realy fun and I sugest that you get it soon!
 Darth Lunatic
12-15-2004, 4:17 AM
Righto :D
 TK-425
12-15-2004, 4:54 AM
But I dont think its 99% is it? Btw with JA you can sort Mods out of your MP server list. And ofcorse there is my mod Realism Project Mod and also OJP Mod.
 Prime
12-15-2004, 5:59 AM
Originally posted by TK-8252
If you want the rest of the Jedi Knight story in single player, it gets the job done.

If you want a multiplayer game, NO. I do not recommend multiplayer. I agree with this assessment. But I think that singleplayer is worth the price on its own, and is quite fun.
 Tinny
12-15-2004, 9:39 AM
The mp siege is ridiculously awesome, and no admin crap there. If someone is whining about someoneelse laming, no one cares about him and chops his head off while he has his chat icon up :D
 Neverhoodian
12-15-2004, 11:53 AM
I agree with both TK-8252 and Prime on this one.

Gamers who play primarily single player mode (a.k.a. "me") will have a very enjoyable experience with JA. Yes, the plot isn't as good as JO and Rosh is the most annoying character in the Star Wars universe hands down, but the gameplay is spot on, with plenty of gun and saber-toting enemies to fight against, piloting vehicles is a blast and the environments are suprisingly rich for a game that runs off the now obsolete Q3 engine. I was particularly impressed with the Vjun levels, the lighting was superb. Also, gone are the days in JO of the exceedingly frustrating "jump puzzles," where the slightest error led to an untimely demise down a cliff or elevator shaft. The puzzles, though fewer in number, are more intuitive and make more sense in the game environment. The option of choosing your own Force powers is great, as it allows you to tailor your Force abilities to your fighting style. For example, defensive players benefit greatly from Force Absorb, Protection and Heal, while the more Rambo-esque will favor the destructive power of Force Lightning, Drain, and Dark Rage.

However, those looking for a radical change from JO will be disappointed. Indeed, it sometimes feels more like an expansion for JO than a new standalone game. Still, as that old saying goes, "if it ain't broke..."

While multiplayer was fun at first, it's honestly gone down the crapper nowadays. I count myself truly fortunate if I can find a competitive FFA server without abusive admin mods, saber-only whiners and "honorz" clans. Too often game servers are chat rooms with players who say things like "OMG WHI U K1LL M3 U L4M3R!!!!!!!!!!," whereupon they kick/ban you from the server. CTF and Siege mode are still competitive, but fewer people are playing those game modes anymore.

In short; buy the game for SP, but not MP.
 TK-425
12-15-2004, 3:14 PM
Originally posted by Neverhoodian
I agree with both TK-8252 and Prime on this one.

Gamers who play primarily single player mode (a.k.a. "me") will have a very enjoyable experience with JA. Yes, the plot isn't as good as JO and Rosh is the most annoying character in the Star Wars universe hands down, but the gameplay is spot on, with plenty of gun and saber-toting enemies to fight against, piloting vehicles is a blast and the environments are suprisingly rich for a game that runs off the now obsolete Q3 engine. I was particularly impressed with the Vjun levels, the lighting was superb. Also, gone are the days in JO of the exceedingly frustrating "jump puzzles," where the slightest error led to an untimely demise down a cliff or elevator shaft. The puzzles, though fewer in number, are more intuitive and make more sense in the game environment. The option of choosing your own Force powers is great, as it allows you to tailor your Force abilities to your fighting style. For example, defensive players benefit greatly from Force Absorb, Protection and Heal, while the more Rambo-esque will favor the destructive power of Force Lightning, Drain, and Dark Rage.

However, those looking for a radical change from JO will be disappointed. Indeed, it sometimes feels more like an expansion for JO than a new standalone game. Still, as that old saying goes, "if it ain't broke..."

While multiplayer was fun at first, it's honestly gone down the crapper nowadays. I count myself truly fortunate if I can find a competitive FFA server without abusive admin mods, saber-only whiners and "honorz" clans. Too often game servers are chat rooms with players who say things like "OMG WHI U K1LL M3 U L4M3R!!!!!!!!!!," whereupon they kick/ban you from the server. CTF and Siege mode are still competitive, but fewer people are playing those game modes anymore.

In short; buy the game for SP, but not MP.

I agree.
But as I said, you can sort out JA servers running mods or JA base. Incase you do get invovled in JA MP avoid servers enabled with JA+.
 Amidala from Chop Shop
12-15-2004, 7:38 PM
Originally posted by TK42235
Incase you do get invovled in JA MP avoid servers enabled with JA+ (mod).

That's good advice, but, unfortunately, a large percentage of FFA servers run JA+ mod (but most duel, CTF, and Siege servers don't use that mod).

I agree with what has already been said. Single-player is very good and under-rated. While the overall story is not as good as Jedi Outcast, in my opinion the individual maps are better than JK2's.

You can still have a decent multiplayer experience if you are very selective about which servers and gametypes you play. CTF, Siege, and duel (Blademod) servers are good, and ForceMod III (but not the "RPG" FM3 servers) and MovieBattles II are fun. But as others have said, JA+ mod and the "admins" and clans that use it have ruined and killed the game for non-morons and non-noobs. Avoid servers running JA+ mod unless you just want to see how far down this once-great series has declined.
 Nokill
12-15-2004, 7:51 PM
well also a problem is that many ppl whant to make jka yust like jk2 only the biggest problem whit this is thay don't know there whas only single saber and staff only we all remember what staf dit to you in jk2 ;)
and this is also the same whit dual saber
 txa1265
12-16-2004, 3:40 AM
I love - and highly recommend - Jedi Academy for a few reasons:
- The Star Wars feel - it has more SW homage and drips with SW love.
- The lightsaber - best implementation yet. You are not a wimp with a glow-stick like in JK/MotS, nor are you invincible like in JKII. Good Balance.
- The mission structure gives you lots of places to experience and different things to do.

But ...
- The RPG-lite is weak, the light/dark is fluff, and the story is fractured and light.
- The mission-per-level thing limits how much you can experience any setting, and some go way too fast.

To compare with other FPS and/or action games of the past year or so:
- It is better in pretty much every way than Medal of Honor Pacific Assault.
- Far Cry is objectively better, has awesome AI, but comes down to a boring 'pump the bullets into the mindless monster' fest at the end that pretty much ruined the game for me.
- Half-Life 2 is objectively better, I suppose, but I find HL2 has worse weapons, a weaker story, the protagonist has *no* personality, and the vehicle areas are overwrought to stretch the game.
- Call of Duty United Offensive is pretty much on par - the graphics are similar, but the weapons in UO are worse than the original.

Mike
 TK-425
12-16-2004, 4:56 AM
Originally posted by Nokill
well also a problem is that many ppl whant to make jka yust like jk2 only the biggest problem whit this is thay don't know there whas only single saber and staff only we all remember what staf dit to you in jk2 ;)
and this is also the same whit dual saber
I wasnt aware of that. Do you have an example of a mod?
 Nokill
12-16-2004, 6:04 AM
well have you ever had a duel agains someone whit a saber like that
- swummmm... -
and your dead one hit you can't block yust dead

no? never had it?
well i have :mad:
 TK-425
12-16-2004, 6:31 AM
How is that trying to get rid of staff/dual styles?
 Prime
12-16-2004, 8:05 AM
Originally posted by Amidala from Chop Shop
I agree with what has already been said. Single-player is very good and under-rated. While the overall story is not as good as Jedi Outcast, in my opinion the individual maps are better than JK2's. I'd say overall that the SP gameplay is as good or better than JO in most respects.
 Doctor Shaft
12-16-2004, 1:39 PM
Thanks for all the replies. I'm still seriously considering buying up. However, I guess I do have one or two more questions.

It's always about being selective with any Jedi Knight game. JK, MOTS, JO, always had a bunch of whiny kids nested somewhere :) .

However, my primary worry was that there woulnd't be any servers around to play on. How's the traffic out there? I know most places are JA+, and believe me I know exactly what that is. I won't be going there. :p

The Chop Shop has always looked like a good place to go whenever I read that sig.

Second, how's the traffic for all the mods. I wouldn't want to download a mod, decide one day to mess around on the internet, and then end up having to play with bots again.

I'm not really a fan of the Jedi Outcast and such single players. After playing JK and MoTS to death in my younger years, the story just doesn't cut it for me anymore. I'm still waiting for the day when a single player game comes out that actually tempts me with the power of the Dark Side instead of giving me these half hearted attempts at balanced sides and the ability to carry multiple guns. What can I say, I'm a nerd.

On the other hand, I loved HL2 story, despite Gordon's lack of speaking. Call me weird and contradictory. :)
 TK-425
12-16-2004, 2:44 PM
The best ffa server in JA:

Old School Deathmatch-TDM|119ms|24.21.33.23:29070

And not JA+ enabled.

And for more information on JA+ go here:
http://japlus.fragism.com/index2.php)
Note: Its enemy territory;)
 Obi_Kwiet
12-16-2004, 4:04 PM
Don't buy it for the story. Besides what are you dong thinking about this, when Half-Life 2 is out? Go get it now, shoo!
 txa1265
12-16-2004, 4:07 PM
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet
Don't buy it for the story. Besides what are you dong thinking about this, when Half-Life 2 is out? Go get it now, shoo! HL2 isn't everyone's cup o'tea ... heck, I'd rather pay $50 for Jedi Academy than $20 for HL2 ... but that's me.

Mike
 acdcfanbill
12-16-2004, 7:19 PM
hey, its doctor shaft! lol, yea there is certianly no promod type of gameplay avalible anymore. in fact, JA is pretty much turned me off of sabers completely as i now mainly use guns. i find the MP saber combat to be quite random and the mods dont help either, not as good as jk2 i dont think.
 Amidala from Chop Shop
12-16-2004, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by Doctor Shaft

However, my primary worry was that there woulnd't be any servers around to play on. How's the traffic out there? I know most places are JA+, and believe me I know exactly what that is. I won't be going there. :p

The Chop Shop has always looked like a good place to go whenever I read that sig.

Second, how's the traffic for all the mods. I wouldn't want to download a mod, decide one day to mess around on the internet, and then end up having to play with bots again.

Traffic on my JA servers (but not my JK2 servers) has definitely gone down in the past few months after DOOM3, Battlefront, and Half Life 2 came out. I suspect a lot of JA+\saber-only\no Force\honor players don't play games like that, so they have kept JA+ "no laming" servers active. It would be great if there was a large selection of "normal" servers available that were always busy, but there isn't. The CTF, Movie Battles, and Forcemod players have 1 or 2 servers of each mod or gametype that they play on but they are busy enough, especially evenings and on the weekends. The advantage of having few servers is the fact that the regulars know each other and form mini-communities.

Originally posted by Doctor Shaft
I'm not really a fan of the Jedi Outcast and such single players. After playing JK and MoTS to death in my younger years, the story just doesn't cut it for me anymore. I'm still waiting for the day when a single player game comes out that actually tempts me with the power of the Dark Side instead of giving me these half hearted attempts at balanced sides and the ability to carry multiple guns. What can I say, I'm a nerd.

One acronym: KOTOR. It's in the same price range as Jedi Academy and is a multiple Game of the Year winner, and deservedly so. It's not a FPS of course but the combat is still fun, and the plot, characters, dialog, settings, music, and true Light or Dark paths are unsurpassed. Get it now so you'll be ready for KOTOR II when it comes out for PC.
 Nokill
12-17-2004, 2:12 AM
Originally posted by TK42235
How is that trying to get rid of staff/dual styles?

not getting rid of them but making there damage compare more whit the damage from single
one yellow staff hit has 2 times the power of a single red hit now
and if you also put the spinning and suf up you always do one hit kills :mad:
 Prime
12-17-2004, 6:28 AM
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet
Besides what are you dong thinking about this, when Half-Life 2 is out? Perhaps he is thinking about this because HL2 doesn't have lightsabers or force powers or anything else from the Star Wars universe...
 TK-425
12-17-2004, 7:27 AM
Originally posted by txa1265
HL2 isn't everyone's cup o'tea ... heck, I'd rather pay $50 for Jedi Academy than $20 for HL2 ... but that's me.

Mike
Me too. Besides what do you have to loose? JA is fairly inexpensive nowdays. Just buy it to see what its like, and you wont be left in the dark when SW:JK III comes out.
 TK-425
12-18-2004, 4:38 AM
 Evil Dark Jedi
12-18-2004, 5:27 PM
Okay....

Everyone in this forum has it. ;)
 Kurgan
12-19-2004, 11:55 AM
There seems to be some different of opinion among the members of this board, but I think JA is worth it for the Multiplayer ALONE.

Just because some idiots exist in the community doesn't disqualify it from a game that deserves a chance, much like Jedi Outcast.

With that attitude NO online game is worth playing after the first 6 months (or first patch, whatever), since it will always get inundated with "newbs" eventually.

Siege for me is THE cool aspect of JA MP. I know people will disagree.

Purists like TK-8525 for example, decry the presence of Jedi and "famous characters" etc. but overall I think that the combat is simply deeper (even if Battlefront is fun because it has a huge army fighting a huge army) and more interesting to somebody like me. I think the Force and melee weapons DO add a lot to the experience. You've got more classes, more weapons, fewer vehicles, but you feel like you have more control over them than in SWBF. Compare riding Swoops on Tatooine in JA to riding Speeder bikes on Endor in SWBF. Or compare flying in Asteroids to flying in SWBF. No contest!

Maybe it's apples to oranges, but to me, JA is just more fun in the FPS aspect.

So it depends on what you're after.

But don't let somebody's opinion here dictate what you like, it's merely a suggestion.

Still, I'd say with as CHEAP as Jedi Academy is in the stores now, it's well worth giving it a shot. Even if you only play through the SP campaign and play one round of Siege, it's still worth the price of admission.

Star Wars Battlefront isn't a perfect game either, regardless of what some of it's fans will tell you, but in that case it's a newer game, more expensive and you have no PC demo to test out to see if they were "right" or "wrong."

And there's the Jedi Outcast Purists who are angry that Jedi Academy removed "flip kicks" and forced them to "use mods" to use those flip kicks again and play how they used to play. Then there's the folks who don't like Staff or who don't like Dual Sabers. Some people didn't want any changes to the gameplay and really snubbed JA as a result. If you're one of those people, then you'd be wasting your time. Then again, you never know until you play it. It might grow on you. Your money, your time, your choice...

To put this into perspective, think of the 50,000+ people who play Counter Strike. These seem to be hardcore fanatics. Do they even play other games? Who knows! But the point is, if you like something, nobody can ever tell you differently and change your mind unless you're willing. I just say give something a chance before you bash it. But then, it's up to you to decide if it's worth it to try something different or new. If you're happy with what you've got, more power to you.
 Amidala from Chop Shop
12-19-2004, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by Kurgan
There seems to be some different of opinion among the members of this board, but I think JA is worth it for the Multiplayer ALONE.

Just because some idiots exist in the community doesn't disqualify it from a game that deserves a chance, much like Jedi Outcast.

I must disagree Kurgan. Unfortunately, it isn't "some" idiots, it is "mostly" idiots. For once, TK was right:

Originally posted by TK-8252
If you want a multiplayer game, NO. I do not recommend multiplayer...The majority of the community is overall really stupid no matter where you go...

If you want to see evidence of what TK said, you need look no further than this thread http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=141269&perpage=40&pagenumber=1)

(P.S.- I don't understand why that thread was moved to the Dedicated Server forum in the Help Center, when it has nothing to do with technical issues of running a server. It really belongs in this forum where it was started).

So many players in this game disable 90% of it (no guns, almost no Force powers except for "empowered" admins), spend all of their time chatting, "enforcing rules" and "maintaining order", using cheat functions (empowerment, jetpacks, grapplehooks, Rancor spawning), and no-Force dueling, usually on only one map (mp/ffa3). The ones who are able to beat other chatting no-Force saber duelers consider themselves to be "strong players" and call players who can play the game with 100% of the features enabled "noobs" and "lamers".

Can you think of any other action-FPS game where someone would actually think they are insulting you by saying things like this:

Originally posted by Scriber

And WOWOWOWOWOWOW OMG U R A WEPON NOOB.

In any other action-FPS game, being a "wepon (sic) noob" means you didn't know how to use guns. In this game, people who can play the game only if 90% of it is disabled call players who can use guns skillfully "noobs" :rolleyes:

Originally posted by JASAEric
lol wat a noob ... He wont duel cause dueling requires skill fireing a gun does not

Originally posted by jasa-chosen

Like I said we dont play with guns. Who plays with guns in this game anyway? This game has about the worse gun action I ever seen. If you wanna go play a fps with guns buy ut2004.

Just more evidence of what is really behind all the "honor code" "no laming" no guns no Force servers that are so "popular" with the type of player that TK was talking about:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=135383)

2. Some people in JK2 decided to add on a bunch of made-up, phony, artificial, contrary-to-the-nature-of-the-game "rules" and "honor codes", thinking somehow it made them more "honorable"\"chivalrous"\"Jedi-like"\whatever than the "lamers" they disdain. In many cases, the additional "rules" to restrict combat to very limited circumstances helped to hide their incompetence and lack of skill at true "deathmatch" or "Free For All". They can't handle the pace and complexity of unrestricted, full-weapon, full-Force combat, so they hide behind saber-only (no guns\explosives), no Force dueling and "honor codes". It's much easier to learn to bow and whine about laming than learn to strafe-jump and shoot accurately.

It is really really REALLY sad that most of the players playing JA (and JK2) multiplayer will never experience the true glory of these great games, with 100% of the features the programmers put into them enabled (but no JA+ cheat functions) and with no silly, combat-limiting "rules" in place.

I see it even on my servers. People come to my ForceMod III FFA server and immediately start whining "stop laming!" and "why is everyone laming?" It is obvious from their comments that they were brainwashed very early and have never, ever played on any server that wasn't a "no laming" no guns no Force chat-and-duel JA+ enforced server. They think that is the "normal" way to play and that servers like mine are full of deviant "lamers" :rolleyes:

Not only do they amabuse and ban superior players on their servers and drive them out of the game, they harass players on my servers, call them "cheaters" because the noobs just can't believe someone can mid-air them without using an aimbot, and make the few skilled players so disgusted with this "community" that I can understand why they leave this game to play all the other games that aren't populated by idiots.

Thanks to g_weapondisable 524279, g_forcepowerdisable 163837, g_forceregentime 0-50 (so "empowered" admins have plenty of Force), and, of course, the amabuse commands and cheat features (empowerment, jetpacks, grapples) of JA+ mod, mediocre or worse players who have mastered 10% of the game on one map have deluded themselves into thinking they are "good".

Bottom line, the games themselves are great, but 95% of the people playing them are exactly as TK said. It's sad but true.
 Prime
12-20-2004, 8:05 AM
I must disagree Kurgan. Unfortunately, it isn't "some" idiots, it is "mostly" idiots...

Bottom line, the games themselves are great, but 95% of the people playing them are exactly as TK said. It's sad but true. Amen to that. As much as I like JA, I just can't be bothered to try out a whole bunch of servers to find one were at least a few players are actually playing the game. Every time someone starts a thread about where are good places to play the list ends after about 3 servers.

Sad but true.
 Amidala from Chop Shop
12-20-2004, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Prime
As much as I like JA, I just can't be bothered to try out a whole bunch of servers to find one were at least a few players are actually playing the game.

Try out the ForceMod III server 67.15.23.243. Saber damage is increased as part of the mod. I like the non-Jedi non-Sith classes even more (especially HotShot). I even have a blast being a droideka, rolling around and running over people. I guarantee you will have a good time.
 Prime
12-21-2004, 10:42 AM
I'll give that a try over the Holidays. Thanks for the heads up...
 Amidala from Chop Shop
12-21-2004, 3:13 PM
Just so you know, you need to download and install both the mod
http://www.pcgamemods.com/6404)
and the recently-released patch
http://www.pcgamemods.com/9136/)

Make sure you read the readme so you understand all the different classes and special features like new saber stances, charged Force powers, how to fire the Mandalorian backpack rocket, etc.
 shukrallah
12-21-2004, 4:34 PM
I havn't loaded Jedi Academy since August. Its not that its bad, but that it just got boring. The MP was good with friends, but after that its boring no matter what the server. Once in a while you might find a really cool person online, but other than that its... not that good. I mean, the MP itself is good, but it just got old. I personnally think the maps suck, even though they look good, they just don't have the right "flow" to them.

Single Player is cool, but like everyone else said, not as good as JK2's SP.

I beat JK2 maybe... 8 times... I loved that game.
I beat JKA maybe 5 times, or less. I started it, bit quit half way through a whole lot.

The Boba Fett level was AWESOME though. I started freaking out, cause Boba is so cool, and fighting him was an unforgetable experience.

Eventually it will drop to $10. I saw JK2 for $10 recently, and its selling out now. LucasArts is getting money off it again!

KOTOR. It's in the same price range as Jedi Academy

KoTOR is $10 cheaper. For someone like me thats a big difference!

I have to admit, it took me a lot longer to beat KoTOR than JA.

KoTOR = 2 weeks (Nonstop play after I came home from school!)
JKA = 3 days (Off and on, I played like one or two sections a day, then gave it a break.)

Summary: JKA is a good game, and worth a shot. In the end though, like most games, it will get old. I'll probably replay JA in a year or later.

*Shrugs*

Download the 2 trailers and see what you think of those ;)
 Fallen'VS
12-21-2004, 4:34 PM
Nope. Game was never worth it. Even at the 29 bucks or whatever most places have it unused. Raven started out good with this series (JK2 1.02) but since they've utterly destroyed it. I pray that Id Software keeps a close eye on them with Quake IV, otherwise we'll get crap again.
 Kroven
01-17-2005, 5:47 AM
alot of cheating yes, but depends on the price and if ur not put of by lame servers:D
 Kroven
01-17-2005, 6:05 AM
hmm, you some kinda of living advertise?:p
 shukrallah
01-17-2005, 8:28 AM
JKA's price at walmart is now $20.
 Obi_Kwiet
01-17-2005, 1:42 PM
A demented 8 year old could have come up with a better plot and better lines, and the voice acting was just as bad. It's ok for a few saber fights, but try not to think of the story line as being part of the JK series or you will be disappointed. Still, for a few hours of entertainment, you could do worse.

Originally posted by lukeskywalker1

The Boba Fett level was AWESOME though. I started freaking out, cause Boba is so cool, and fighting him was an unforgetable experience.

You liked that level!? It was awful. Once your realized that the only reason you couldn't kill him was because he had unlimited HP, he was basically just a nuisance. He couldn't fight worth a flip. Just turn on force speed navigate through the frustrating maze of the stupid level, get back to your ship, and leave. He was probably the least scary or difficult "boss" I've ever seen.
 shukrallah
01-17-2005, 5:18 PM
You liked that level!? It was awful. Once your realized that the only reason you couldn't kill him was because he had unlimited HP, he was basically just a nuisance. He couldn't fight worth a flip. Just turn on force speed navigate through the frustrating maze of the stupid level, get back to your ship, and leave. He was probably the least scary or difficult "boss" I've ever seen.

I loved it. Sure.. you couldn't kill him, but then you would kill him in the start and then the rest of the level would too easy. Besides, check the .NPC file, he has 400 HP, but somehow he is hardcoded not to die. He also has some impressive script work.

Think of it this way, he is the hunter.. the bounty hunter, and you are the prey. You are running for your life untill you complete your mission and in the end you have a showdown with one of the coolest characters in the Star Wars Universe!
 Nokill
01-17-2005, 7:57 PM
well its at least a level whit a litle more harder npc especially if you don't play on easy ;)
and it also gives you some of the SW story becouse he won't die of the scarlec ;)
 BigDJedi
01-17-2005, 9:15 PM
THE MULDIPLAYER IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D NOT ONLY DO U NOT HAVE 2 OWRRY ABOUT LAMMERZ BUT U CAN BE TRUE RPG JEDI WITH HONOR DUAL SERVERS WITH JA+ MOD ARE TEH BEST BECUZ U CAN BE A NEWB AND STILL OWN!!!!!!!
 Nokill
01-17-2005, 9:28 PM
Originally posted by BigDJedi
THE MULDIPLAYER IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D NOT ONLY DO U NOT HAVE 2 OWRRY ABOUT LAMMERZ BUT U CAN BE TRUE RPG JEDI WITH HONOR DUAL SERVERS WITH JA+ MOD ARE TEH BEST BECUZ U CAN BE A NEWB AND STILL OWN!!!!!!!

thats why the game is not fun anymore andau my ears! :(
put the caps off next time
 Rumor
01-18-2005, 1:11 AM
Siege is a lot of fun on LAN with friends, but even then you feel the weight of how horribly unpolished it is.

Then you go play some UT2004 or UT assault :o.

Another is Enemy Territory Fortress.

ET is a free game, and ETF is a mod for it reminiscient of Team Fortress from quake, and quake 3 fortress. very fun, fast, and class based. oh did i mention that the movement is not neutered and its a very popular game? ;)

www.splashdamage.com) (ET Developers - free download of ET)

www.etfgame.com) (may be down due to extreme load)

www.planetetf.com)

There are torrents and direct http/ftp downloads of the mod.
 [HR]Knight
01-19-2005, 8:05 PM
I totally agree with TK and Ami.

the only thing left in this game is the people who REALIZE what good gaming is like some of the CTF community (who aren't jerks) who play alot. This is something you can constantly get good at, almost no limit. To dueling, there are VERY small limits and outcomes, it used to be fun, but now slider screwed up JA

Really I have no one to blame but him, oh and the noobies. :D
 razorace
01-19-2005, 10:14 PM
*shrug* I haven't had any problems with the people that come onto my server, and my server is basically running all the gametypes.
 Dostoyevsky
01-20-2005, 2:54 AM
razorace, you have the wit of a yokel. Spare us from your simpleton comments, lumpkin
 razorace
01-20-2005, 6:59 AM
Originally posted by Dostoyevsky
razorace, you have the wit of a yokel. Spare us from your simpleton comments, lumpkin

Witty enough to force you to waste your time whining about it! AHAHAH!
Page: 1 of 2