Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

I've Got To Say...

Page: 1 of 1
 ieatnomeforsnac
12-14-2004, 4:25 PM
Guys, I'm probebly not the first one to friggen PRAISE you guys on this mod that you are making. I remember, (now I'm 18) when I was 8 years old I got Dark Forces just for a random gift. (haha parents are awsome) and I have played it ever since. So I've been playing darkforces for 10 years haha go figure! I still play it, but my computer is a little too fast for it, but I can handle it. I used to play it on my 486 haha. I played it so much I memorized where every bad guy was on every difficulty setting, every obsticle, every secret, and I even knew how much damage every guy did to me. (plus or minus dark troopers :P) I even set up traps to kill dark troopers who chased me cause I knew where they were standing lol. But for some reason that game was still fun. I own Dark Forces II, and Jedi Outcast, but I don't own Acadamy though :( I plan to get it this christmas. But I also own a Jedi Knight game not many people know about. It is called Jedi Knight Mysteries of the Sith. And that game is hardcore also. Released a year after Dark Forces II. Kyle Katarn is still in it, but in Mysteries of the Sith you see why Kyle Katarn gave up his jedi powers, and you get to play as Mara Jade as well. Yup, she came from that game. But ya you guys probebly know that already. You guys are doing an exellent job, and I've got to give you TONS of praise for it!!! :D
 MikeGunther1969
12-15-2004, 1:23 PM
play as Mara Jade as well. Yup, she came from that game.

Actually Mara jade came from the Timothy Zahn Trilogy of Expanded Universe Novels

Heir to The Empire
Dark Force Rising
The Last Command

The Characters of Grand Admiral Thrawn, Mara Jade, and the Ysalimari were introduced in this series...A MUST READ for any diehard SW fan
 Ackehallgren
12-16-2004, 1:17 AM
Was them ysalamaris killable in MOTS? I hated them draining my force powers... If I remember correctly ya stabbed and stabbed and nuthin...

And ieatnomeforsnac, MOTS was pretty big when it came out since the success of JK... Now, it kinda gets forgotten easily but it really was great. JO and JA are kinda lame since they don't have the witt, length, depth and charm as the other JK games does.

And Mara Jade were cool in MOTS although unneccesary. Could've been Jan. I mean, how cool wouldn't it be to become Jan and go out and save Kyle with no saber. It'd be DF all over again :D

But it was a smart move to use a big character for a more or less "small" game... It partially got famous for using her.
 *<JO>*Exlan,PL
12-16-2004, 3:11 AM
*sniffs* i never got a chance to own MOTS *sniffs*

bah anyways great mod, looking forward to it very much

keep up the good work
 MikeGunther1969
12-16-2004, 6:13 AM
Originally posted by *<JO>*Exlan,PL
*sniffs* i never got a chance to own MOTS *sniffs*

You can still find it all over EBAY....ten bucks or less!!. Make sure you have your very latest downloadable sound and video drivers installed for your sound and video cards to run this game properly, especially if you are using WINXP/SP2 latest updated version. This game was originally designed for WIN95/98, and likes to act kinda funky if you run it on XP without the lates and greates peripheral drivers installed.

Get the game, find time, play it!!...and by all means download a few of the add-on levels from www.massassitemple.com) for even more MOTS fun.

I personally recommend the Bespin SE level, BOAM SE, TOAM 1 and 2, the entire Pirate's Tale series, the Aliens/Sigma 51 series, and the Life of A Merchant Series. The Modders who created these additional levels did with MOTS, what the DF Team, JK Team, and hopefully we on the SOTE team as well, are doing for JA.

Happy Fragging, and anyone else tell me if am being misleading in any way, because this is only my humble opinion.

I Take My Leave
 ieatnomeforsnac
12-16-2004, 7:33 AM
MOTS was the first I heard of Mara Jade anyway. What was awsome is that I got the full version of MOTS for free when I got DSII. It was a sweet deal. Ya those guys are killable, but a pain in the butt to kill. My favorte level on MOTS is all the Sith Temple levels because you had to be an uber hardcore jedi to get past all that crap. It is a very hard level. But man all I need is Jedi Acadamy and I'll have every Kyle Katarn game haha. Dude I can't wait to play this mod though :D
 Ackehallgren
12-17-2004, 3:51 AM
Originally posted by ieatnomeforsnac
MOTS was the first I heard of Mara Jade anyway.

It says on the cover that the game stars Mara Jade from Timothy Zahn's books :D
 Darth Soccer
12-17-2004, 11:14 AM
Get the game, find time, play it!!...and by all means download a few of the add-on levels from www.massassitemple.com) for even more MOTS fun.
:confused: Do you mean http://www.massassi.net?)
 ieatnomeforsnac
12-17-2004, 4:02 PM
haha I didn't get the box. I only got the cd with Dark Forces II for free. Its cool that it was the full version.
 MikeGunther1969
12-18-2004, 1:10 AM
Originally posted by Darth Soccer
:confused: Do you mean http://www.massassi.net?)

(choking down a piece of crow)...Cough!....why yes I did!!
Page: 1 of 1