Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Bastila Shan in KOTOR2

Page: 1 of 1
 Rafe
12-14-2004, 2:41 PM
I have a small question which people are most likly wondering about as well.

Korriban, the sith are all but gone yet the darkside is still very much strong here. In the Sith academy there is a door that needs to be blown up, you can blow it up with the throium charges and if your unlucky like I was the second time you will destroy the Sith Holocron, if your lucky like I was the first time youll see that Bastila was infact on Korriban and stayed there for sometime after Reven left. The holocron explains some of the civil strife that went on there. My question is this..... I went there with HK and Visias in my group, the Miraluka stopped me and said she could feel a dark presence coming from behind the door, that are dark Jedi didn't want us to see what was beyond it.

Is she talking about another Dark jedi? Or is she refering to Bastila? Did she walk down the road of the dark? Where is she now and what does she know about Revan?

Its a really small question but it connectes with the larger ones.
 Devilsfanatic
12-14-2004, 7:08 PM
Originally posted by Rafe
I have a small question which people are most likly wondering about as well.

Korriban, the sith are all but gone yet the darkside is still very much strong here. In the Sith academy there is a door that needs to be blown up, you can blow it up with the throium charges and if your unlucky like I was the second time you will destroy the Sith Holocron, if your lucky like I was the first time youll see that Bastila was infact on Korriban and stayed there for sometime after Reven left. The holocron explains some of the civil strife that went on there. My question is this..... I went there with HK and Visias in my group, the Miraluka stopped me and said she could feel a dark presence coming from behind the door, that are dark Jedi didn't want us to see what was beyond it.

Is she talking about another Dark jedi? Or is she refering to Bastila? Did she walk down the road of the dark? Where is she now and what does she know about Revan?

Its a really small question but it connectes with the larger ones.

you'll come across a ghost Bastila on Korriban, and the real Bastila on Telos. Bastila is with Carth, and is waiting for Revan to return from the outer rim. She says to Carth "Do you think he knows?" Carth says "No." What that was about was never explained in the game, so hopefully KOTOR III answers that! What the Miraluka was speaking of was of a test that Kreia ends up giving you, that's where Malak is, and Bastila, and other jedi recurits for the Mandalorian wars to go with Revan and Malak
 Darth333
12-15-2004, 4:38 AM
Originally posted by Devilsfanatic
you'll come across a ghost Bastila on Korriban, and the real Bastila on Telos. Bastila is with Carth, and is waiting for Revan to return from the outer rim. She says to Carth "Do you think he knows?" Carth says "No." What that was about was never explained in the game, so hopefully KOTOR III answers that! What the Miraluka was speaking of was of a test that Kreia ends up giving you, that's where Malak is, and Bastila, and other jedi recurits for the Mandalorian wars to go with Revan and Malak
:eek: Where and when was that???
 Emperor Devon
12-15-2004, 5:56 AM
:confused: How could Bastilla and Carth stay in the same room without attacking each other? What if you chose for Revan to be on the dark side?

edit: spoiler tags added - d333 -
 Devilsfanatic
12-15-2004, 6:28 AM
Originally posted by Emperor Devon
:confused: How could Bastilla and Carth stay in the same room without attacking each other? What if you chose for Revan to be on the dark side?

Then they probably wouldn't be together, and Carth maybe dead! I went with how I played it out, LS male, saved the galaxy. There are so many ways one can play this game

@ Darth333

Shyrack Caves in Korriban, remember last year, you fought the Tentekrat or whatever to let the renegade sith escape? There's a bridge you fight it on, and then when you try and leave through that exit it just says, there is nothing out there for you to see? If you go to the extreme top left of that area, there's some sort of tomb, and you'll encounter these flashbacks, and other ones of Republic Soldiers awaiting your command, and an interesting revelation about Kreia as well.
 Darth333
12-15-2004, 6:33 AM
Yes I know this part. I was more interested in the Telos part :D
 Devilsfanatic
12-15-2004, 6:38 AM
Originally posted by Darth333
Yes I know this part. I was more interested in the Telos part :D

After you destroy Darth Nihilus' flagship the Ravager, because he's going to destroy Telos if you don't stop him, after you do so, you'll cut back to Telos, and a guard comes upto you and says "Admiral Onasi would like a word" To which your guy replies whatever, and you go meet Carth, and he talks about Revan, and how if you meet him/her, Admiral Onasi wants you to give him a message: "Im doing what you asked me to" he says, and then as you're leaving Bastila walks in and says "Do you think he knows?" to which Carth replies "No. But after meeting the exile, I feel there are worse things in the galaxy to fear."
 Darth333
12-15-2004, 6:43 AM
Oh ok, I just read the first sentence. I am not there yet...thanks! :)
 Devilsfanatic
12-15-2004, 6:44 AM
Originally posted by Darth333
Oh ok, I just read the first sentence. I am not there yet...thanks! :)

yeah, I know, works got you behind, so you're not upto par with us that have finished it :p
 Zonzai
12-19-2004, 12:57 PM
The characters that you run into depend upon who Revan is (when you first talk to Atton you get to decide). If Revan was evil than Bastilla will be on Korriban. If Revan is good bastilla won't be there. And only if Revan was good and a guy, then you'll meet Bastilla and Carth on Telos. Where and if Carth comes into the game at all will be dependant upon whether or not Revan was good or evil. If anybody else knows anything more, please share.
 EmperorJello
12-19-2004, 3:48 PM
So... is it just the Bastila holocron that you see on Korriban if Revan is evil, or do you see Bastila in person?
 metalhead
12-19-2004, 7:19 PM

edit: spoiler tags added - d333 -

I am playing my second game as Reven went DS and Carth wasn't on the logs you watch when you first make it on the Halbrenger (SP). Some other guy was in his place! YES! Carth must be dead!
 Emperor Devon
12-21-2004, 3:31 PM
Originally posted by Devilsfanatic

Err... How do you activate that set of dialogue? Once you destroy the Ravager, you are forced to go to Malachor V.
 Devilsfanatic
12-21-2004, 4:03 PM
Err... How do you activate that set of dialogue? Once you destroy the Ravager, you are forced to go to Malachor V.

Well:

After I destroyed it, then I got a cut scene of a man telling me that general Onasi would like to speak with me. This is lightside
 Zonzai
12-21-2004, 4:42 PM
Emporer Devon,

If Revan was LS (decided when you talk to Atton) you should run into the Carth scene.

Emporer Jello,

You will also find Bastilla in the dark side trial in the Shyrak Caves, but she is only an illusion.

Other Emporers,

I bow before you all.
 Lord_Supra
01-31-2005, 5:01 PM
Originally posted by Zonzai
The characters that you run into depend upon who Revan is (when you first talk to Atton you get to decide). If Revan was evil than Bastilla will be on Korriban. If Revan is good bastilla won't be there. And only if Revan was good and a guy, then you'll meet Bastilla and Carth on Telos. Where and if Carth comes into the game at all will be dependant upon whether or not Revan was good or evil. If anybody else knows anything more, please share.

That explains a lot!!!!!

Because as a LS male:

1.-I first passed the game as a LS Male, with Revan being a good girl in the background: I broke the ·$·%ing holocron, but I did see Bastila on Telos, but i must have skipped the dialog, because i never herad that lines.!!!

And I'm passing it now as a DS girl:

And I found a message on T3-M4, in which Bastila encommends a mission to T3M4, explaining that she actually intended to found "anyone" with force powers to keep the Jedi from desturction if something "bad" happened to Revan on the unknown regions, this happened as I was a bad girl, and Revan had been a bad boy in the background, so Bastila was wearing dark jedi robes, and refered to Revan as "master", she knew Revan would left her, but not T3M4.... so .... T3M4 was with Revan, but then Revan suffered something, and that little dorid grabbed the Ebon Hawk (with Kreia as a stowaway) and found you,..

Please correct me, or coment if I miss somthing, I haven't finished the game as Ds, but that's waht I've encountered....
 Nexus Traan
01-31-2005, 6:32 PM
How did you find this on T3?
 Derc
01-31-2005, 7:01 PM
Originally posted by Nexus Traan
How did you find this on T3?
Presumably High Influence with T3, and a high INT is required.

The option should be:
[Intelligence] T3, how did you get here?

Unfortunately T3 wouldn't say ANYTHING to me about Bastila regardless, because I had set my Revan as a LS female. I *THINK* that was why. So, in order to see Bastila in T3, Revan has to be a DS male.
Oh, and...

T3 did go with Revan in the Ebon Hawk, and came back. That's why the navicompter was voice-locked(by Revan no doubt), to prevent you from knowing where he/she went.

Remember that Carth says(if Revan was LS) something:
"Revan went there, and now you're here....with his/her ship"

And another thing...

Carth does appear in the game if Revan was DS. Although Admiral Cede takes the spotlight, Mical(Disciple) speaks to Carth regardless.
"Admiral, I've found the Exile."
(Carth doesn't speak, he just nods.)

A glitch, maybe...? Perhaps Carth wasn't supposed to appear at all if Revan was DS...

Just wanted to point that out. but you should've already knew that ;).
 FiEND_138
01-31-2005, 7:29 PM
Originally posted by Derc
So, in order to see Bastila in T3, Revan has to be a DS male.
Nope. He showed it to me in a LS Revan game. Just need the influence & intelligence. Though it may corespond to your current alignment as well as Revans from the end of K1. As I had 1 game with Revan LS & the exile was DS at that point & T3 refused to show it, something about being "worried about me".
 Derc
01-31-2005, 9:13 PM
Originally posted by FiEND_138
Nope. He showed it to me in a LS Revan game. Just need the influence & intelligence. Though it may corespond to your current alignment as well as Revans from the end of K1. As I had 1 game with Revan LS & the exile was DS at that point & T3 refused to show it, something about being "worried about me".

Well, my Revan was a LS female and my Exile was a LS male...and T3 didn't show anything. I even used all the dialog option(even threats)...on top of that, T3 is in complete agreement with me(ultimate LS alignment...)

Grrr...he doen't like me...:mad:...:o I'll try it again when I have the time.
 Darth333
02-01-2005, 5:07 AM
You need 15 + int

BTW, did anyone noticed that:
When you face Malak in the tomb on Korriban, your PC recognizes Bastila but when t3 shows the Bastila Hologram, your PC doesn't know who is Bastila... :confused:
 Drazin
02-01-2005, 11:31 AM
Playing through as if Revan was a LS female, Carth is shown by T3, and you STILL do not know who he is, even if you have already met him on Telos.
 Devilsfanatic
02-04-2005, 7:56 AM
Originally posted by Drazin
Playing through as if Revan was a LS female, Carth is shown by T3, and you STILL do not know who he is, even if you have already met him on Telos.

Anyone who meets Carth tries to forget him immediately.
 Mono_Giganto
02-04-2005, 10:36 AM

Umm, how do you see T3's message after meeting Carth? As far as I can tell, after you talk to Carth, you go solo for the rest of the game.

Originally posted by Derc

Carth does appear in the game if Revan was DS. Although Admiral Cede takes the spotlight, Mical(Disciple) speaks to Carth regardless.
"Admiral, I've found the Exile."
(Carth doesn't speak, he just nods.)

A glitch, maybe...? Perhaps Carth wasn't supposed to appear at all if Revan was DS...

Just wanted to point that out. but you should've already knew that ;).

That, I believe, is a bug. I could be wrong though.
 Drazin
02-04-2005, 12:32 PM
Oh yeah...
You meet Carth afterwards... But why don't you say anything about it? Like... Hey I saw a Holovid from T3 that had you in it talking about someone... was it Revan?

Meh.
 Bastila
02-08-2005, 1:54 AM
do you get to see her if you played DS female???
 Drazin
02-08-2005, 11:32 AM
I think the only time you dont see Bastila with Carth in that Cutscene is if you said Reven was a Woman. Then Bastila has no reason to be there. Not sure about DS though, I can't remember.
 Mono_Giganto
02-08-2005, 11:41 AM
I think the only time you dont see Bastila with Carth in that Cutscene is if you said Reven was a Woman. Then Bastila has no reason to be there. Not sure about DS though, I can't remember.

Well, with DS, Carth isn't there either IIRC.
 Bastila
02-09-2005, 1:55 AM
KOTOR 2 has just come out in the UK and i waqs just wanted to know as bastila was my fave in KOTOR 1
 _x_Darth-Max_x_
02-10-2005, 12:56 AM
I think it was legally blond jedi that said ..

That you meet Malak in korriban tombs but how could this be possible. is it a Hologram or something cuzz i gave malak a'lot of whoopass on the starforge
 Drazin
02-10-2005, 1:06 PM
Patience Jedi.
All will be revealed in its due time.
You will face Revan and Malek. But is it real? What will you learn from your encounter?
 Zonzai
02-10-2005, 2:33 PM
Answers...

1) Your own sex (the PC's, not your's personally) has nothing to do with seeing Bastilla.

2) The disciple's message to Carth, I am 99% certain, is a glitch - not really a bug. You may also notice that he speaks in the wrong tense or person or something when you talk to him on Dantooine. Can't remember exactly wich it is.

3) Bastilla doesn't appear when Revan was DS, because Carth doesn't even appear, save the glitch mentioned above. I am not 100% certain if Bastilla appears after you speak to Carth if Revan was a female - just don't remember.

4) Regardless of when, where or how she appears, she has very little screen time, so don't get too excited about seeing her again.

It's funny, the one charcter that I wanted to see the least was Carth, and aside from the PC characters that return, he has the most lines of any KOTOR1 PC. Somehow, another guy I didn't really want to see much of - the gay exchange boss - made it back in as the TSF guy. What he's reformed or something? I don't get that part. I gotta' say, I thought he looked much better in pink though.
 Darth Smaug
02-13-2005, 7:04 AM
Bastila and Carth on Telos?? didn't see them where can if find them???
 Cami-Wan
02-13-2005, 10:33 AM
As for our favorite Masterhood-seeking, kinrath-pup-faced Jedi, I think Bastila should be in a future K3 and have A LOT more importance than in K2. I was really looking forward to see her again in K2, but there was just like, 1 or 2 cutscenes.... Carth got a lot more appereances XD That's outrageous... and also, if the Exile was supposed to be the last Jedi... well, after Kreia killed the other masters (I was SO SHOCKED when she did this!! I just kept poking at the corpses sides hoping they would wake up and give me some jedi propaganda speech... but no, they were dead for good), but if so, what about Bas? Isn't she a Jedi too? And a famous one, for that matter? Wouldn't the Sith Masters seek her out? She wasn't even fleeing, just staying in Telos... at the end, in Malachor V, Kreia said some lines referring to Bastila's - LS Male Revan's relationship that almost made me shed a tear. It was kinda...

" And, like you, Revan knew he must leave all loves behind as well, no matter how deeply one cares for them. Because such attachments are not the way of the Jedi, and they would only bring doom to them both in the dark places where he now walks. It would have helped had he made her understand. But she was always strong-willed, that one, and did not understand war as Revan did."

Well, not kinda, that's exactly how it went. Grabbed it off the dialog.tlk file.... which has some surprises, by the way... (found some lines referring to Bastila as a playable character?! I'm going nuts or what??)

EDIT: And again... they keep referring to her as both Bastila and Bastilla... it should have only one "l" in it, right?
 Cami-Wan
02-13-2005, 11:58 AM
Emm... I just was able to get T3 hologram message featuring Bastila when... I got a familiar stowaway in the Hawk!!!

Shot 1 (http://camilachan.free.fr/BasTSL1.jpg)
Shot 2 (http://camilachan.free.fr/BasTSL2.jpg)
Shot 3 (http://camilachan.free.fr/BasTSL3.jpg)

Has anyone encountered this... bug... yet?
 Bastila
02-14-2005, 2:34 AM
I hope if they make KOTOR 3 Bastila has a party member role so you can talk and is envoled in the game she was just a great jedi as well and Revan more Revan and Bastila!!
 DarthGangle
02-16-2005, 5:58 AM
I've seen that Bastila hologram glitch as well. I had her show up before Visas borded my ship and Bastila even fights Visas. After that she just stands still for the rest of the game.
 starrchild
02-16-2005, 7:27 AM
Hmm, I played as a LS female, and had Revan be a LS female and I got this:

After the Ravager, when the exile meets with Carth, at the end of the conversation, he asks the exile if she sees Revan, to tell Revan that Carth is waiting for her. When I read that, I just went "Awwww!" I rather liked Carth from KOTOR I, and thought that was soooo sweet. :heart3: Hey, it was better than the romance(s), or lack of them, the women got this time around.
 The_Maker
03-27-2005, 2:27 PM
Ok this is rather confusing with all the spoiler tags around how exactly do I... get Bastilla AND Carth in the telos thing? Is it some alingment setting with Revan and your PC or am I going insane? Another thing I dont understand is why the first time I played KOTOR2 I said with Atton "Revan was man not a woman blah blah balh..." but the game kept refering to Revan as a woman! Any ideas? :confused:
I fit matters I have only completed the game 3 times, Can you get the "scene" on Telos after you beat the game 3 times or is it a "one time oppurtuniy"?
 Bastila
03-27-2005, 2:43 PM
Originally posted by The_Maker
Ok this is rather confusing with all the spoiler tags around how exactly do I... get Bastilla AND Carth in the telos thing? Is it some alingment setting with Revan and your PC or am I going insane? Another thing I dont understand is why the first time I played KOTOR2 I said with Atton "Revan was man not a woman blah blah balh..." but the game kept refering to Revan as a woman! Any ideas? :confused:
I fit matters I have only completed the game 3 times, Can you get the "scene" on Telos after you beat the game 3 times or is it a "one time oppurtuniy"?

Its like a bug i said revan was a female and still got people saying she was a he it happens, about seeing bastila in the game read the above it just depends what you tell Atton when you first meet him.
Page: 1 of 1