Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

KOTOR2 mods (no spoilers)

Page: 1 of 1
 Zonzai
12-13-2004, 10:46 AM
After playing KOTOR2 (on xbox) that I can't wait to see the mods that will come out of it for the pc version. But that's not the subject of this post. I was actually going to comment on how the game designers seemed to take note of the mods you guys have been doing. Not that it's the first time a mod community has effected a game, just that I wanted to thank you all for all of the hard work and let you know that it has payed off. Of course, I'm not going to go into any details, but those who frequently downlowd KOTOR mods will know what I'm talking about.

EDIT - The point of this was to thank and congratulate the modders here at holowan and the community in general, not to share specific information. So anyway, maybe I didn't get that across very well, but that's the point.
 tk102
12-13-2004, 10:52 AM
Really? That's very interesting!
 Xavier2
12-13-2004, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Zonzai
After playing KOTOR2 (on xbox) that I can't wait to see the mods that will come out of it for the pc version. But that's not the subject of this post. I was actually gong to comment on how the game designers seemed to take note of the mods you guys have been doing. Not that it's the first time a mod community has effected a game, just that I wanted to thank you all for all of the hard work and let you know that it has payed off. Of course, I'm not going to go into any details, but those who frequently downlowd KOTOR mods will know what I'm talking about.
Now you have turned my curiosity bar up.:D Could you PM me any particular example of mod idea introduced in the game, without giving away any spoilers? ;) All i want is to know which mods inspired the developers..:D
 Zonzai
12-13-2004, 11:09 AM
Sorry, I would PM you but it's been very fun seeing it all in-game and I would feel bad to deprive you of that. Besides, I'm not done with the game yet.

EDIT - And just in case you were wondering, no major game mechanics have been changed to copy any mods in the community (that I am aware of). Just some minor stuff that appears to be inspired by a mod or two.
 MightyM
12-13-2004, 11:10 AM
All i want is to know which mods inspired the developers

Likewise please! :D.
 Zonzai
12-13-2004, 11:14 AM
No, I'm not giving anyone any spoilers of any sort, sorry.
 Doom_Dealer
12-13-2004, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Zonzai
No, I'm not giving anyone any spoilers of any sort, sorry.

so why post this 'great' information if you wont even tell us?? if people want the surprise spoilt thats there choice. Do you mean in the form of a skin, an area, or a model etc.;???
 Mono_Giganto
12-13-2004, 11:46 AM
I'll give one example, this was on the actual website though.

The Force-Pike

Cheers,

Svosh and T7!

Oh, and again, Achilles gave them their inspiration!
 Darth333
12-13-2004, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Mono_Giganto
I'll give one example, this was on the actual website though.

The Force-Pike

Cheers,

Svosh!

err...that one was made by T7nowhere ;)
 svцsh
12-13-2004, 1:07 PM
True darth … but as you know ;) I did have a lot of involvement in it. Getting the need .txi info to animate the tip, as well as a few other obstacles we had to overcome ;)

But it is T7 baby for sure :D

Btw not a spoiler it’s posted on the official site under weapons.

svцsh
 Mono_Giganto
12-13-2004, 1:16 PM
You guys are fast, I remembered right after I posted that it was a team effort, and went to double-check T7's involvement.

And yeah it's under weapons but I put spoiler tags just in case the moderators wanted me to.
 Zonzai
12-18-2004, 8:26 AM
You'll see em, don't fret. And I don't really care if someone else doesn't care about seeing a spoiler, I don't want to give any out. I'll just say that there are a whole bunch of little things that were obviously "influenced" by you guys. And trust me, you won't be able to miss them, even if you're not looking.
 T7nowhere
12-18-2004, 11:15 AM
Thats cool. I look forward to seeing it myself in 2 months. :)

But For now I think this thread has run its course so :lock:
Page: 1 of 1