Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Chain's WIP

Page: 1 of 1
 Renegade Angel
12-12-2004, 1:10 PM
Finally I can Mod!!!
I got 3 mods I'm workin on.

A new quarterstaff called Lord Shi'don's Quarterstaff.

A new mod that turns the South apartment Ring into a dangerous place...
oooo spooky!
Malak already knows you are on Taris so he sends an old Sith Lord named Lord Shi'don on a mission to anihilate you.

And finally Lord Shi'don's Robes.

When I get pics Ill post em here.
 ChAiNz.2da
12-12-2004, 3:13 PM
To be able to take screenshots (much less without the GUI) This is what you're going to need to do:

Open your "swkotor.ini" file located in the game's root (main) directory. You can use notepad or similiar word processing program

In this file, look for this heading

[Game Options]

Under this header, make sure you have these entries with these settings: (you may have to add or edit entries)

GUIsInScreenShot=0
EnableScreenShot=1

Save your file. (make sure it has the ".ini" extension, not ".txt"

Start your game. Play to a point where you want to take a screenshot, then press the "Print Screen" button. My game will usually shutter for a quick second to let me know it took a screenshot. ** note: the Print Screen key is sometimes abbreviated on keyboards, but should still be recognizable. Look to your top right area of the keyboard. This is of course on an U.S. keyboard layout.

Your pics will be located in the game's root (main) directory with a ".tga" extension. Usually in a sequential naming order. (They WON'T have the GUI in them with the settings you added to the ".ini" file :) )

In order to get the "dramatic" shots, the Spacebar is your friend ;) You can pause a scene at any moment and rotate the camera to get cerain angles. You can even take screenshots while the game is paused.

Hope this helps!
 FunSolo
12-12-2004, 6:11 PM
take another name please *lol*
lord snow sounds so gay :p :D
.oO( but i got no idea as well :rolleyes: )
 Renegade Angel
12-13-2004, 9:26 AM
Thanks ChAiNz!:)

Oh and I know Lord Snow is gay!:D
 Renegade Angel
12-13-2004, 10:01 AM
Now, Where would I find this so-called ROOT folder???
(if you mean the folder where all the game folders are then there someting wrong because its not saving them there)
 svцsh
12-13-2004, 10:27 AM
How about Lord Venom or something evil ;) sounding : [You can use this if you want I just want royalties :p ] Just kidding anyways the “So called root” is your SWKotOR typically under Program files ect… Lucas arts blah, blah I can’t tell you. Because I keep it simple mine is C:\Games\SWKotOR anyways open your swkotor.ini and follow ChAiNz very helpful instructions.

svцsh
 Colma Adawin
12-13-2004, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Chains
Lord Snow (if yu got a better name please post it.)

LOL, is that meant to go with the XMAS feeling? :p

well, heres a few:

Male:

Darth Shi'don ( HINT!! HINT!! I LIKE THIS ONE!!! ;))
Darth Malaki
Darth Cloussen

Female:

Darth Jacalin
Darth Terra
Darth ......um............. :( im out

Good luck on your mods bud!!!!

whatever you choose we'll still enjoy being hunted down by Darth _______ (Snow) :p

:thumbs1: :thumbs1: :thumbs1:

MattCole
 ChAiNz.2da
12-14-2004, 12:21 AM
Now, Where would I find this so-called ROOT folder???
(if you mean the folder where all the game folders are then there someting wrong because its not saving them there)

oops...sorry... :xp:

ROOT = C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR

hmmmm...make absolutely sure you have this line in your .ini file:

EnableScreenShot=1
 Mono_Giganto
12-14-2004, 9:34 AM
Wow very creative Matt, you added an 'i' to Malak. :p Only kidding of course, Let's at least change the spelling in that Malaki one though lol.
 Colma Adawin
12-14-2004, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Mono_Giganto
Wow very creative Matt, you added an 'i' to Malak. :p Only kidding of course, Let's at least change the spelling in that Malaki one though lol.

:( :(

its an off day for me

:( :(

:p

MattCole
 Lord of Banthas
12-14-2004, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by MattColejk

Darth Cloussen

Darth Cloussen? Someone's been playing too much Freelancer :D

By the way, it's Claussen :rolleyes:

Anyway, I think this sounds like a fun mod to play. It's nice to see more and more ppl getting into scripting.

Eagerly awaiting release :)

LoB
 Bobo
12-15-2004, 3:25 PM
Make it a really cute Sith lord named Darth 333.... lol

should make it like malak's son and use a modded version of Malek_jedi (malek was going to be used first and that model would have been used, but they changed it to Malak and made that model unusable by replacing him with a cinimatic :()

if your Revan is female, could make it Revan and Malak's Kid... of course you could do that with the male.... but um.................

anyway!

Taris DOES need a little more interesting action, its got to the point wherei cheer when they blow it up lol. plus if your feeling mod happy, could do a little redecoration to the city :)
:bdroid2: :bdroid2: :ewok: :bdroid2: :bdroid2:
May the Evil Ewok be with you....
:c3po: Bobo:c3po:
 Renegade Angel
12-16-2004, 1:11 AM
i'm almost done with these guys.
The thing is when I try to upload my file to pcgamemods everything goes fine until...A BIG MONSTER JUMPS OUT OF NOWHERE!!! LOL! Just kidding anyways when I get to the part in which you pick what game your file goes under it goes to a page that says file not found (I am a member.)
 ChAiNz.2da
12-16-2004, 1:36 AM
when I get to the part in which you pick what game your file goes under it goes to a page that says file not found (I am a member.)

Make sure there aren't any 'special' characters in your zip or rar filename (commas, apostrophes, quotations, etc.). I've had the same problem before ;) Simplify the name and it should work...

Looking forward to the Mod so I hope this helps! :D
 Colma Adawin
12-16-2004, 8:22 AM
Originally posted by ChAiNz
Looking forward to the Mod

totally, you've got me interested in your accomplishments

MattCole
 Renegade Angel
12-17-2004, 9:32 AM
OK guys just gimme abut a month or 2.
 Colma Adawin
12-17-2004, 11:22 AM
OK guys just gimme abut a month or 2.

:eek:

i really wasnt expecting that

but, if thats as long as you need, i will wait that long, GOOD LUCK!!!

MattCole
 Renegade Angel
12-17-2004, 1:54 PM
Sorry guys.
there was something wrong with KotOR so I reinstalled it and on the 1st disk it says theres a missing datacab or something like that...:(
If anyone wants to atempt to finish these for me PM me and Ill tell you what needs to be done.
My dad is a computer genius and going to atempt to fix it...

EDIT:
wow! Im pretty stupid!
All I had to do was clean off the CD!
 Renegade Angel
12-18-2004, 8:31 AM
Still any help would be most apriciated(I know I spelled it wrong:rolleyes: )
 Colma Adawin
12-18-2004, 10:18 AM
Still any help would be most apriciated

mate, i'd REALLY LOVE to help, but... :( sadly, my game just wont start, i'm 'experimenting' to see what my problem is, just hope i dont uninstall it to find out that i only have to clean the CD :p

anyway, as soon as i know, you'll know :D but i can still attempt to help of cause :cool:

MattCole

EDIT: im only REALLY good at Custom items, MINOR Re-textures, and a TINY TINY TINY bit of Convo CHANGES, my modding knowlegde, is very limited, compared to others :( but im happy with wat little i can do :D
 Renegade Angel
12-18-2004, 11:48 AM
Matt,If you can fix your KotOR problem PM me and Ill tell what you need to do.

My modding skills arent that great either! Im only 11.
Im tryin my best.
 ChAiNz.2da
12-18-2004, 1:49 PM
@ Chains & MattColejk
Im tryin my best.
You two needn't be so hard on yourselves. IMHO you've both taken the most important step and that's you are trying to mod. :thumbsup:

It's rather disheartening when you see a post "I don't want to try to mod, it looks too hard..." etc. etc. You've both gotten over that hurdle and dived right in...

hehe I remember the first time I opened Fred's Kotor Tool and expanded the BIF tree.... :eek: I kept thinking to myself "Dear godz what have I gotten myself into..." (as well as some others I'm sure)
im only REALLY good at Custom items, MINOR Re-textures, and a TINY TINY TINY bit of Convo CHANGES, my modding knowlegde, is very limited, compared to others but im happy with wat little i can do
I hear ya' man. Same here... but it's always fun to 'drill' the others and soak up all the knowledge they've learned so far... ;)

I'm still eternally grateful for all the wonderful help I've received here at Holowan.... and I'm sure that tk102, T7, Darth333, RedHawke, Achilles and svцsh are 'grateful' I've stopped drilling them for the time being (don't hold your breath guys/gals...TSL is coming soon enough hehehe)

You're never too young (or old....ahem) to become a modder... I mean c'mon...if *I* can do it...well, 'nuff said ;)

You two should be proud to call yourselves modders, afterall we all have the same goal...
take a great game and make it better

[ChAiNz takes his "cheerleading" pom-poms and steps off his soapbox]....
 Renegade Angel
12-18-2004, 1:56 PM
Thanks ChAiNz...
Wow that was so nice..I could cry...
Anyways Ill be sure to mention you under Credits, Buddy !!!!
 Renegade Angel
12-23-2004, 11:50 AM
My cousin is currently fixing a few files here and there.When she's done I will be asking for about 3 testers. In the meantime I will be realeasing some custom items at pcgamemods.
 Colma Adawin
12-24-2004, 9:12 AM
Matt,If you can fix your KotOR problem PM me and Ill tell what you need to do.

Im tryin my best.

will do bud!

and ChainZ, this will sound a bit weird but, i LOVE YOU!!! :xp: dude, you've entered an elite group of friendly ppl (my buddy list) :p

MattCole

PS .....so have you chains, but enough of this
 ChAiNz.2da
12-24-2004, 3:03 PM
Originally posted by MattColejk
and ChainZ, this will sound a bit weird but, i LOVE YOU!!! :xp: dude, you've entered an elite group of friendly ppl (my buddy list) :p

:lol: :lol: ^^

I love you too man.....but you still can't have my Bud Light® ;)

:cheers:

and I'm going to feel really awkward if no one remembers that commercial ;) hehe

@MattColejk
Out of curiosity Matt, have you tried installing KotOR and then immediately un-installing it again (using KotOR's un-install feature) so that it might clear some hidden registry values? I know it sounds a bit re-dundant...but it just might do the trick.

PM me with the results so that Chains' WIP doesn't stray off-topic...
 Renegade Angel
12-28-2004, 9:56 AM
I just need to finish up a few things and I'll be finished.
 Renegade Angel
01-11-2005, 11:06 AM
Almost done.
I'm finshing the job up with KotOR Tool.
 Colma Adawin
01-12-2005, 7:22 AM
Almost done.
I'm finshing the job up with KotOR Tool.

nice one! cant wait to install them...

@Mono_G

I WILL BE THE FIRST TO DL THESE MODS! :xp:

hehe

MattCole
 masterbob7
01-12-2005, 1:01 PM
can not wait
 Ranis Hull
01-12-2005, 3:44 PM
firstof all, holy crap chains u're only 11!!!! second, the mod looks great i'm just starting in the modding community myself, but i can only make sabers with custom names. keep up the good work. u're wepons will be a must DL.
 Dak Vesser
01-12-2005, 3:47 PM
Is it ready? is it ready alleady yet? Because i wanna try it on my xbox.

More Kudos for you "The Modder" if this mod is xbox friendly :D
 Renegade Angel
01-13-2005, 1:09 AM
Interesting....If I get the chance I will make them Xbox compatible in a later update.
Page: 1 of 1